Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from Plymouth, England :-)

Hello there, I am new to the forums but have been following the NF site for a couple of months.

For years I have suffered from anxiety and depression but I am well on the way to recovery. I made the decision to get fitter and healthier in October 2012 and have been finding exercise a great antidepressant.

Although my mood is transforming, exercising hasn't had a huge effect on my physique, hence joining NF. Time for me to do better, more effective workouts.

Looking forward to joining in more with the rest of the community out there in NF-land.

Sara :redface-new:

Challenges 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17

Instagram photos of daily life

Battle Log

"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become" ~ Carl Jung

Hi, hello. Welcome! Enjoy the stay.

Level 3 - Half-Elf Warrior, STR - 5 | DEX - 1 | STA - 6 | CON - 5.5 | WIS - 3.5 | CHA - 5

I know where I'm going, and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want. ~  Ali

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Welcome to the forums! 

What have you been doing for working out? I'm asking because I also struggle with depression but even though I'm more active than I ever used to be... it doesn't seem to be helping much at all :( (Although maybe it would have been that much worse if I hadn't started exercising, who knows...)

Anyways, welcome and see you around! :)

level 10 wood elf assassin

Intro1st challenge | .... | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | Current @ warriors

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

Pretzle, in October last year I started a couch to 5km plan. My knees suffered from pavement jogging so I did the plan on the cross trainer. I completed 5km under 30 minutes just before Christmas 2012.

On NHS choices (UK health service website) not only is there a C25K but also a "strength and flexibility" programme, which I did alongside the C25K (alternate days.) It was a great introduction to the NF basic workout which I am doing now. In addition to the NF basic workout I am also doing lots of assisted pullups and dips. One of my goals is to be able to perform a real pullup and real pressups. I also have a kettlebell which I swing around weekends and a mini trampoline. I defy anyone to exercise on a mini trampoline and not smile!!!

Challenges 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17

Instagram photos of daily life

Battle Log

"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become" ~ Carl Jung

Archived