Forums are back in action! ×

Get Your NF Character Drawn...

This is so frigging awesome. You're doing a great job at the doodle thing! I will have to think what I want to have as mine. :) 

Level 1 - Adventurer (Cthulhu in dusguise, but don't mind me)

STR: 2 І DEX: 1 І STA: 1 І CON: 2 І WIS: 5 І CHA: 4

Be mindful of your Self-Talk. It's a conversation with the universe.

I was thinking about making a post to do this same sort of thing! Kind of glad I didn't because I would feel like I was one-upped by your Nuala2 drawing. I rarely draw anything but women, usually just the face, straight on, no weird angles, occasionally with some of the body in view but almost never full-body, as the proportions wind up way off for me. :-/

Hey there, reagen. Nice thread. :)

I LOVE drawing too, I want to build a career from it one day.

Your drawings are actually quite good! Nicely done. :)

Here's a tip if you want to practice some drawings really quickly. This is going to sound dumb but... buy a packet of post it notes. Those small, square yellow ones. Buy them. Draw on them. Do one a day. Do nice, portrait style drawings or something. It'll seriously take you like five or ten minutes to do something decent and quick, you can draw heaps and not only will it help you practice, it's quick and you'll get better over time, while also getting a bunch of awesome drawings!

I don't want to try and steal any attention or anything, but here's some examples I've done...

Captain Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly/Serenity (my interpretation) - https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/935533_10151498239699143_1130927270_n.jpg

Jayne Cobbs from Firefly/Serenity (also my interpretation, with his hat too) - https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/971113_10151498026884143_308863298_n.jpg

Another nerdy benefit... despite the fact these are small post it note drawings, if you take a photo with it using your mobile camera, the resolution on those phones are actually quite impressive... you can import it onto your computer and into a drawing program of your choice, where you can produce a high quality, high resolution digital version of it in colour! 

Here's some examples of what I mean...

Original post it note taken with iPhone 5 camera - https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p206x206/524829_10151410001229143_1248494738_n.jpg

Redrawn digitally in Adobe Photoshop CS5 - high resolution - https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/558159_10151413358529143_232410986_n.jpg

I hope this helps you. Keep it up. :)

Thanks for all the tips, and the great feedback people!

Back to business. MirGSS, here's yours:

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y390/reagen88/MirGSS_zps27f41c3a.jpg

And for the back story,

The theme to push this time is Sheep. Sadly, I wanted to draw me some bad demon goat when people ask me to do that.

A request is a request, though...so to solve this, I invent a curse.

Back in the times of legends and lore, there is one lost dwarf tribe with a strange tradition...to infuse a chosen one with the spirit of the Great Sheep and thus making him/her a being with power above any normal dwarf alive. Wearing the Sheep skin, the chosen protect the tribe from the great and terrible evil that seeks to consume all.

This comes with a price however, as the Great Sheep also have a dark side that yearns to be free. The Goat seeks blood and only blood, and whether the blood is damned or not, it makes no difference to the great spirit. And so, the chosen one must fight a battle inside him/herself everyday. Lest the Goat goes free and horrors even beyond those of the invading evil is unleashed.

Good and Evil is a choice. But how long can you do the good if the evil is inside of you? If it is older, stronger and far more powerful than you? The curse will be lifted from you once you have shed 5798 blood. But will that be the blood of innocents and your brethren? Or will you obey duty and protect the realm? And when all is done, will you have the heart to pass the curse, the hard life of standing in the verge of evil, to another?

Cliche...I know. But I like cliche Hero stuff!! XD

I hope you like it. If not, well...you can always request again! :playful:

Human Adventurer1

Exp: 13 --- Next:2

--------------------------------

STR 6-DEX 1-CON 5

STA 2-WIS 9 -CHA 5

"Always Win Against Yourself!!"

Current Challenge

And Maybe Help Me Figuring Out The Answer To This Question? Thanks Anyway!

lol, that sheep is badass! And Nuala's is sexy. Nice work! I'll get in line for a pic. I'm an amazon ranger: Tall, curvy, strong and agile with kind of a tribal look. Thanks!

"When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire; When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire - O be thou then the first, the one thou art; Be thou the calling before all answering love, and in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire." - George MacDonald

This is total win thus far.

Sent from my iPhone- please forgive length and autocorrects (yes, I'm blaming it on the phone).

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Thanks for all the tips, and the great feedback people!

Back to business. MirGSS, here's yours:

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y390/reagen88/MirGSS_zps27f41c3a.jpg

And for the back story,

The theme to push this time is Sheep. Sadly, I wanted to draw me some bad demon goat when people ask me to do that.

A request is a request, though...so to solve this, I invent a curse.

Back in the times of legends and lore, there is one lost dwarf tribe with a strange tradition...to infuse a chosen one with the spirit of the Great Sheep and thus making him/her a being with power above any normal dwarf alive. Wearing the Sheep skin, the chosen protect the tribe from the great and terrible evil that seeks to consume all.

This comes with a price however, as the Great Sheep also have a dark side that yearns to be free. The Goat seeks blood and only blood, and whether the blood is damned or not, it makes no difference to the great spirit. And so, the chosen one must fight a battle inside him/herself everyday. Lest the Goat goes free and horrors even beyond those of the invading evil is unleashed.

Good and Evil is a choice. But how long can you do the good if the evil is inside of you? If it is older, stronger and far more powerful than you? The curse will be lifted from you once you have shed 5798 blood. But will that be the blood of innocents and your brethren? Or will you obey duty and protect the realm? And when all is done, will you have the heart to pass the curse, the hard life of standing in the verge of evil, to another?

Cliche...I know. But I like cliche Hero stuff!! XD

I hope you like it. If not, well...you can always request again! :playful:

Fenton, Death Sheep From Hell!

This is total win thus far.

Sent from my iPhone- please forgive length and autocorrects (yes, I'm blaming it on the phone).

Can't agree more. Keep 'em coming!

“The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.

But still there is much that is fair. And though in all lands, love is now

mingled with grief, it still grows, perhaps, the greater.â€

--J.R.R. Tolkien, "Return of the King"

"Are the gods not just?"

"Oh no, child. What would become of us if they were?"

--C.S. Lewis, "Till We Have Faces"

Some time ago life comes and kick me in the nuts...hard enough to make me lose interest in almost everything.

But now I'm back, and looking to get this thread up and running again!

So Terinatum, here is your requests: http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y390/reagen88/Terinatum_zps78088a19.jpg

This is my first time drawing the Wolf-Kind. Even though I like it, if I ever have another chance...I'm thinking of a better angle and more animal-like proportion/stance. I also would like to apologize for the ink mess in the bottom, I got some Indian Ink lately and have been dying to try it. The aim was to get the deciption of the wolf ripping some vital organs and as you can see it didn't turn out well and look like some messy censorship job. :(

As for the non-technical side of it, after a long time of trying to make a wolf looks old I realized that maybe they just never do....so I decided to try a different approach and give her a scar in the eye, some paint job in the face, and a smile in her face while ripping stuff. It shows experience, or at least that is the plan. XD

Hands and the imagination part of the brain are still stiff from doing nothing these past months so I'm a bit rusty.....but I'll get there and try to finish all these requests ASAP!!

And of course, new ones are always welcome!! XD

Human Adventurer1

Exp: 13 --- Next:2

--------------------------------

STR 6-DEX 1-CON 5

STA 2-WIS 9 -CHA 5

"Always Win Against Yourself!!"

Current Challenge

And Maybe Help Me Figuring Out The Answer To This Question? Thanks Anyway!

That is incredibley awesome. So jealous of your skills.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I'm excited this is still happening! I totally forgot about it. Your drawings are consistently good. (Also, I wouldn't have noticed the "ink mess" if you hadn't pointed it out.)

“The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.

But still there is much that is fair. And though in all lands, love is now

mingled with grief, it still grows, perhaps, the greater.â€

--J.R.R. Tolkien, "Return of the King"

"Are the gods not just?"

"Oh no, child. What would become of us if they were?"

--C.S. Lewis, "Till We Have Faces"

Some time ago life comes and kick me in the nuts...hard enough to make me lose interest in almost everything.

So Terinatum, here is your requests: http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y390/reagen88/Terinatum_zps78088a19.jpg

This is my first time drawing the Wolf-Kind. Even though I like it, if I ever have another chance...I'm thinking of a better angle and more animal-like proportion/stance. I also would like to apologize for the ink mess in the bottom, I got some Indian Ink lately and have been dying to try it. The aim was to get the deciption of the wolf ripping some vital organs and as you can see it didn't turn out well and look like some messy censorship job. :(

As for the non-technical side of it, after a long time of trying to make a wolf looks old I realized that maybe they just never do....so I decided to try a different approach and give her a scar in the eye, some paint job in the face, and a smile in her face while ripping stuff. It shows experience, or at least that is the plan. XD

Hands and the imagination part of the brain are still stiff from doing nothing these past months so I'm a bit rusty.....but I'll get there and try to finish all these requests ASAP!!

Love her! Thank you so much.

I was just thinking of you last week, wondering how the art thing was going. Obviously it will never leave you. Your gift is quite unique and accessible.

Also love the armor and breast ties. I really dig the tuffs of hair on her and the other monkey/bird/tiger hybrid?

She's very cool and quite the killer. I appreciate you doing this for us, and yourself. It's awesome and I hope you have found plenty of motivation to keep your art close to you.

Cheers,

Teri

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

I actually like the ink mess myself, makes it seem more like she just ripped out something important. That's just me though. :D

Level 5 Orc Citizen Soldier

STR 7.5|DEX 9.5|STA 11|CON 12|WIS 20.5|CHA 8.5

Old Challenges 15/4 3/6 7/25

"Do it now."