Forums are back in action! ×

fadagaski does fitness

Greetings all,

I've joined Nerd Fitness because I saw a pin (on Pinterest) about Staci, and also in part because I love the premise behind the site.

My name is Ally, or fadagaski, and I've been floating around a dozen fandoms for the last 16 years (and now I feel a teensy bit ancient). I've decided, after a similar amount of time spent overweight and in a yo-yoing relationship with my body, that it's time I did something more proactive.

In 2011 I completed C25k, which gave me a huge sense of achievement; stupidly, I didn't continue running and am now more unfit than when I started. Weight-lifting appeals to me as much as (if not more than) running in part because I've always been 'big', with muscle as well as fat; I used to take great pride in lifting heavy things at the pub I worked at in order to prove I - and other women - could do it.

My goals for my first year of training are:

- to learn how to squat parallel to the ground

- to do an unassisted chin-up

- to do 5 press-ups on my toes, not my knees

- to hold a plank for 30 seconds

- to learn how to deadlift

Wish me luck!

~Ally~

Ally: Panda Ranger Lvl 2

Challenges 1a | 2a | 1b | 2b | 3

str 6.25 | dex 2 | sta 0 | con 0 | wis 2.75 | cha 2.3

"And master the skills of bodacious and awesome!"

Wait until your goal becomes a full squat (hips below knees!).. i just did that for the first time with 180# yesterday.... can i just say that sitting down, getting up, and stairs are the bane of my existence today? You'll do just fine! I started with running, then started Body Pump classes... that may be a good place to start if its possible, because you learn the moves and have someone there to correct you before you branch off on your own to lift heavier! Good Luck with the goals!!!

Human Adventurer

Level 1

STR: 3   DEX: 1   STA: 1   CON: 3   WIS: 4   CHA: 3

Smile, listen, agree...then do whatever the fuck you wanted to do anyway- RDJ

Archived