Forums are back in action! ×

What's your beauty routine ?

Recently I watched american psycho, in the film patrick bateman (the psychotic protagonist) had a very strict routine he followed (Google american psycho morning routine) After seeing it I decided to pay more attention to my hygeine and beauty routine. I'm following an augmented version of bateman's routine(I decided to go with a weekly facial mask instead of a daily one, and also only use one moisturizer rather than two) I'd love to know what others think, and get some advice for my new routine.

Well I think the best thing you can do is, of course, experiment with what works best for you! There's no one right way to go about it, but of course, you already know that it never hurts to ask around for ideas. :)

I wake up, first thing I do is wash my face; I use an apricot exfoliating scrub first, and then a cleansing face wash second. 

I don't usually floss first thing (because I do that at night), but I then brush my teeth.

I hop in the shower and wash my hair (2x shampoo, 1x conditioner) and shave if needed (about every 2-3 days, arms included).

Get out of the shower, deodorant first thing (otherwise I'll forget!). Shape eyebrows if needed.
I have an intermission for dressing, breakfasting, packing lunches, etc. Brush teeth again after eating.
Then it's blowdrying my hair (heat sealant, smoothing lotion, blow dry with a round brush, hairspray), and I'll do makeup right afterwards.
Spritz of scent and I'm ready to go!

So that's what I'll do in the mornings; I also take time once or twice a week for nails and a clay mask or something. It works for me!
Well, it sort of works. Actually, I'm chopping my hair off this week... That list up there is twice as long as it needs to be, and to be honest, I have better things to do. :tongue:

Level 5 Dryad Druid + Adventurer

STR 7 | DEX 10 | STA 9 | CON 8 | WIS 13 | CHA 10.5

Leo's Dawn of Dragons Challenge

Good Lord, that seems very intensive. I have had short hair for 80% of my life. When I had it long (shoulder length), I could only ever figure out how to wear it in a ponytail or else pulled back in a headband. Never used a blowdryer (I have a "thing" with the noise and the feeling of the air on my head). Sometimes I think about growing my hair out again but then I remember that I suck at doing hair and that I look better with short hair anyway, believe it or not :) (I know there's some rule out there about fat people shouldn't have short hair but the rule makers can bite me.)

My routine... eh...

-Brush teeth before shower

-Shower (wash hair, use LUSH soap on body and face)

-Get out of shower. Don't trip over the cat.

-Hair is toweled off. Look! Automatically styled! booyah! If it gets a little longer than in my profile pic, sometimes I add in texturizer to spike/style it.

-Makeup, which means concealer for my raccoon eyes and then mascara. Sometimes if I am ambitious, I add in a very tentative and light dust of eye liner, which I still can't figure out.

-Deodorant

-cue Princess Diaries: "Well. This is as good as it's gonna get."

I wish I COULD figure out the beauty part. I'd love to learn to wear make up or be ... like, a real girl. And style. I can't figure out style either. I've read blogs and tutorials about dressing and makeups and I can't figure it out at all. 'course, I'm also getting my 5 year old son ready during the time I'm getting dressed as well, so I'm multitasking like crazy. At least HE looks great (reddish blonde, curly hair, biiiig green eyes) and I can actually make HIS clothes match! Thanks to clothing companies like Gymboree who sells their stuff all coordinating-like. I wish they did that for grown ups!

I follow a few different routines.

Work days are easiest; I work with one other person and talk to everyone else via radio. So, this is my Face Made For Radio morning routine:

Wake up

Brush teeth

Deodorant

Put on uniform

Ponytail

Moisturize face

Sunscreen

And at night:

Shower and let hair air-dry

Brush and floss

Weekends are a bit more intensive, since I go out in public. This is the Must Look Presentable morning routine:

Wake up

Brush teeth

Shower and get dressed

Deodorant

Blow-dry or do some sort of twisty/braided fancy stuff with hair

Moisturize face

Sunscreen

Makeup! Revlon BB cream, MAC Vera blush, e.l.f. mineral mascara

And at night:

Wash face

Brush and floss

And if I'm going on a date, I follow the Must Look Presentable routine and add a few extra makeup steps. I usually do either a smoky eye in shades of brown or a deep rose lip, but I will totally play around with other looks if I have the time.

BTW, Krisis, you know why you look better with short hair? Because you have a pretty face. ^_^

It's really not that intensive, my whole morning routine only takes about an hour or so.

Wake up

Hydrate (splash water on my face and drink some bottled water)

*ice mask (I don't actually have the ice mask yet but I ordered it)

Morning run (I have a running app on my phone, it only takes about 30 minutes)

Hydrate (another bottle of water)

Foaming facial cleanser

Shower (it's a cold shower, because the hot water drys out skin)

Body wash

Body exfoliant

Facial exfoliant

Brush my teeth (rinse, floss, etc)

Moisturize

Under eye cream

Lip balm

Get dressed

(I do a facial mask once a week or so, and wash and condition my hair every other day)

I've been doing it around a week now and I really like it.

I avoid using products with certain chemicals. Most of my stuff is by Green Beaver. Currently I don't wear make up as I haven't found a brand that I've deemed acceptable for use on the skin, however I was never one to wear much make-up anyway.

I work in public service at the moment. So my routine is usually...

-wake up

-have tea

-exercise (3x a week - every other day)

-shower (Green Beaver shampoo/body wash/face wash, Alba shaving cream)

-get dressed, comb hair, deoderize

-cook breakfast

-eat breakfast

-clean breakfast dishes

-throw lunch together

-brush teeth

-moisturizer on face

-maybe throw my hair up in a pony tail or flip

-admire/criticize self... depending on the day/my mood

-run to bus stop frantically and undo all morning accomplishments with sweat and victory.

Primal Chai
Race: Human | Class: Adventurer

[Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."  - Christopher Hitchens

Recently I watched american psycho, in the film patrick bateman (the psychotic protagonist) had a very strict routine he followed (Google american psycho morning routine) After seeing it I decided to pay more attention to my hygeine and beauty routine. I'm following an augmented version of bateman's routine(I decided to go with a weekly facial mask instead of a daily one, and also only use one moisturizer rather than two) I'd love to know what others think, and get some advice for my new routine.

Well, occasionally I wake up on time. Does that count as a routine? :playful:

Huntress

Current challenge - Rebels - Huntress lays the foundations

"The effort yields its own rewards"  - Data, Star Trek: TNG.

I definitely have the easiest beauty routine I've ever heard of: get up, slam a glass of water, then down a cup of coffee; throw on PTs, drive to PT, fall in, march to gym, PT until 0800, drive home; make and drink protein shake, throw PTs in washer, get in shower, shampoo, rinse, rub face vigorously with nothing but water, get out of shower, towel down, flip hair upside down and apply Aussie Hair gel/leave-in conditioner mix, detangle hair (mostly) with fingers, stand upright and tie hair into a bun, brush teeth, deodorize, put on ACUs, tug on boots, grab coffee thermos and drive back to post.

I wear no makeup 90% of the time, but sometimes I feel especially pretty and will put on some Maybelline dark brown mascara. A couple times a year I've even worn Bare Minerals powder eyeliner! :-P

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

Wake up, get dressed, wash face (water + washcloth), put on eyeliner/eyeshadow (both optional), do hair (= some water + mousse) (if necessary, some days it's fine on its own) have coffee/tea + something to eat, pack lunch - leave the house. 

I shower at night before I go to bed, I also floss + brush my teeth and clean my face (toner only). 

Once every 3 days I use some antiperspirant (the really strong stuff that stops you from sweating from your pits) and that's it.

I've tried more extensive routines (more make up, some perfume, more products for my face) and it always leaves me feeling very unlike myself + it makes my skin greasy. :) Easy does it, for me.

level 10 wood elf assassin

Intro1st challenge | .... | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | Current @ warriors

Ah...hm. Beauty routine. I've never been very good at that. Even in college when I was super put-together, "beauty routine: would hardly be the thing to describe my routine behavior.

These days...

--snooze the alarm several times and cuddle husband

--Realize I now have 25 minutes to do everything

--Wash face (water and wash cloth), brush teeth

--Maybe use moisturizer

--Usually apply under-eye cream for purple bags under eyes

--Run comb through hair

--Deodorant

--Make-up: Concealer and mascara, blush and eyeliner if feeling fancy

--Clothes? Ugh, if I must. Usually a dress because it's one piece of clothing that's a whole outfit.

When showering in evenings (I usually shower every 2-3 days)

- Currently trying This Thing Here for hair. Lacking several ingredients, so I'll fix that and try more seriously.

- Shave 1-2 times a week, or for special occasions

- Scrub all over with pummus stone

- Soap for body, shave with soap or conditioner

- Some anti-acne face wash. A couple times a month I'll apply a mask in the shower

- Post-shower moisturizer

If must be fancy:

- Shower, shave everything, exfoliate everything

- With hair dryer and ceramic brush, suggest that hair follow a certain style. Give up.  Hope for "sexy and wind blown".

- Mineral foundation, eyeliner, mineral eye shadow (in 3 shades! A magazine was helpful!), mascara, blush

- Deodorant, spritz of my $17 perfume that I love and don't care it's cheap

- Moisturize everything

- Clothes: Probably a dress, just fancier. Dresses are the best invention. I hate pants.

- Jewelry. I actually have a ton; I'm just too lazy to wear it most of the time.

Most days:

- brush teeth

- remove smudged traces of eyeliner I didn't bother taking off the night before

- shower (peppermint soap, shampoo and conditioner)

- brush hair and let air dry (I don't know how to use a blow dryer)

If I'm feeling like looking more fancy:

- eyeliner

- powder on T zone

- blush

- bronzer

- lip balm

Fancy night out?

- add a smoky eye and lipstick

- add killer heels :)

Current Challenge Goals:

1. Workout 3x/week || 2. Eat Primally when at Home || 3. Make the Bed 

Daily Battle Log 

My Accountabilihomies: DISTRICT 12

Food I Make

Most days:

- remove smudged traces of eyeliner I didn't bother taking off the night before

Lol, yes, that :)

As I tend to exercise in the evening I wash my hair and body then. Wouldn't really call it a beauty routine as much as a gotta be clean routine. Sleeping with wet hair messes up my hair so I make it wet in the morning. 

- Blow-dry hair

- Put whatever product in that's nearby.

- Mascara

- Eyeliner

- Check in mirror that I'm dressed. 

I basically never bother with moisturizer, foundation, or any of that stuff. Found that 49 times out of 50 this is enough. 

LEVEL 3 Human Scout - obsessive smiley user 

"That's the best part, the outside is new, but now it reflects what's already in you" - Legally blonde the musical

Lol, yes, that :)

As I tend to exercise in the evening I wash my hair and body then. Wouldn't really call it a beauty routine as much as a gotta be clean routine. Sleeping with wet hair messes up my hair so I make it wet in the morning. 

- Blow-dry hair

- Put whatever product in that's nearby.

- Mascara

- Eyeliner

- Check in mirror that I'm dressed. 

I basically never bother with moisturizer, foundation, or any of that stuff. Found that 49 times out of 50 this is enough. 

This is funny because it's true.  Last winter, I made it all the way to my car before realizing that I was still wearing pajama pants.  Oops.  And just a few weeks ago, I got all the way to work, stepped out of the car, looked down... OMG CROCS.  :hororr:  NOOOOO!  And by that time, I was already committed.  I had no extra time to play with.

"Um. Hi.  Do crocs meet dress code?  I mean, I guess it's kind of a moot point now because I'm already here and I'm wearing them, but I just thought I'd ask to be polite and hopefully counteract the impoliteness of wearing my crocs to work..."

SiLsM-atMkE.jpg

I'm a nerd who loves to dress up! It doesnt take me long to get ready though. Usually 30-40 minutes, which includes a solid 15 minutes of me standing in the shower hopelessly trying to wake up. Yeah, I'm trying to get more sleep.

Workday if washing hair (every 2-3 days):
Shower, wash/condition hair

Blowdry hair. Shake fist at cowlick.

Moisturize with Rosehip seed oil

Makeup (Tinted moisturizer, concealer, blush, mascara, brows)

Clothes - whatever isn't wrinkled!

Workday without washing hair:

Shower body only

Use dry shampoo

Put hair in ponytail

Moisturize with rosehip seed oil

Makeup (Tinted moisturizer, concealer, blush, mascara, brows)

Clothes - whatever isn't wrinkled!

If I am going out with friends or the BF I will take more time with makeup. I'll add eyeliner or lipstick or something colourful, and then i'll iron something if it's wrinkled :P . I also don't wash my face in the morning, only at night.

Workout days lately:

Pee (it's better when it's epic)

Brush teeth/ Put in contacts

Trip over cat

Eat something small

Work out

Shower - includes body washing and face washing

Moisturize face

Deoderant

Put on clothes

Eat moar!!

GTFO

Non-workout days:

Pee

Shower - body and face washing

Moisturize face

Deodorant

Put on clothes

Eat

GTFO

You might notice that I don't have hair washing involved in my routine. That's because I wash my hair once a week, use none or very little non-silicone based products (so they don't build up). Never use heat and often don't even wet my hair. I've done extensive underpant collecting on curly hair, tried several different curly shampoos or not washing my hair or doing the whole baking soda/ apple cider vinegar thing. This is what works for me and honestly, my hair starts getting kinda greasy on Saturday but I'm not seeing anyone important. The only annoying part is that I have to wash my hair 3 times on Sunday before it's really clean.

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

sleep

snooze

sleep some more

bolt up right that I'm late

go turn on coffee

pack lunch

primer- eye primer

go get coffee

figure out what color eye shadow

BB cream/foundation whatever

check FB/NF

eye shadow

ride or drive?

pick clothes

finish make up with eye liner/masacra

get dressed

try to get to work less than 15 minutes late.

After workout-

shower-- conditioner for hair- no shampoo- Axe body wash- shave ze pits every day- legs every other day.

coconut oil to moisturize  if I remember. 

eat- go to bed.

Lather rinse repeat

- Clothes: Probably a dress, just fancier. Dresses are the best invention. I hate pants.

dear god ain't this the truth- mostly just because they are EASY.   If I ride the bike- I need the DRESS- and SHOES.  

Nothing worse than getting to work and realizing I brought pants- or something and wrong shoes- or no belt- or no SHIRT.  Off to Burlington coat factory.

Seriously- dresses.  easier and always look good. After I lost all this weight recently- I have been in BCF every 3 weeks buying new dresses- I have like 5 now- they are amazaballs.  Seriously- just SO much easier.

dear god ain't this the truth- mostly just because they are EASY.   If I ride the bike- I need the DRESS- and SHOES.  

Nothing worse than getting to work and realizing I brought pants- or something and wrong shoes- or no belt- or no SHIRT.  Off to Burlington coat factory.

Seriously- dresses.  easier and always look good. After I lost all this weight recently- I have been in BCF every 3 weeks buying new dresses- I have like 5 now- they are amazaballs.  Seriously- just SO much easier.

Ferserious! Pants+shirt is just so complicated. Do they match? Do they work? I have to put on two things? How am I supposed to do random squats or stretches at the copier when my thighs want to hulk out of my pants?  I have enough dresses that, in the summer, I can wear a different one every work day for two weeks. And it is so worth it! I don't have to think about clothes at all, just run through the lineup.

Ferserious! Pants+shirt is just so complicated. Do they match? Do they work? I have to put on two things? How am I supposed to do random squats or stretches at the copier when my thighs want to hulk out of my pants?  I have enough dresses that, in the summer, I can wear a different one every work day for two weeks. And it is so worth it! I don't have to think about clothes at all, just run through the lineup.

I'm going to have to disagree with this. For me, the comfort of a dress is outweighed by the extra neurons that have to fire involving "make sure legs are cross appropriately" or "it's probably not a good idea to do a karate kick at my coworker". Pants just allow me to turn off my brain. And also, I feel like a child playing dress up in a dress.

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

Personally, I do this:  I wash my face (often with fels naptha).  I usually do no-poo for my hair (baking soda and vinegar) unless I just got out of a pool, in which case I shampoo to get the chlorine out. 

That's it. 

That said, if you need some more help, I strongly urge you to google oil cleanse.  Here's a good link.  

Level 3 Human Ranger
STR: 9 DEX: 5.25 STA: 14.5 CON: 5.5 WIS: 16 CHA: 5.5 
My Current Challenge