Forums are back in action! ×

Pokémon!

Love it. Love it. Love it. Me and my boyfriend play all the emulators started with sapphire, recently I was playing diamond. So excited for X and Y to come out! have you seen the new ads for it?

Also pokeMMO is pretty amusing.

I haven't seen any ads for it yet, I would but honestly I haven't finished white yet and I don't want to get x or y until I at lest finish white (and possibly white 2) and I think the ads will make me want to get it

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Just started my son on the series recently. I remember it from MY childhood, and it's honestly terrible (aren't most shows from back then) but he absolutely loves it! Of course, Meowth is his favorite. XD

I'm getting X or Y when they're released, but I have to get the game guide too. Each new game has more and more buildings or people to talk to and I feel like I miss everything unless I'm doing it by the book...

Pixie Ranger Drunk on Tea~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Was just watching this video about some of the manga stuff http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qe0Xlu9Ta4

That was interesting, I am reading pokemon adventures and it good to hear that they didn't change too much it

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

I never really got pokemon, or did I just need to keep on it past the grindy part?  It seemed like wander around until something attacks you, attack it back, try to capture it, wander back to the pokecenter to heal up, wash, rinse repeat.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

I never really got pokemon, or did I just need to keep on it past the grindy part?  It seemed like wander around until something attacks you, attack it back, try to capture it, wander back to the pokecenter to heal up, wash, rinse repeat.

Like in any leveling game, there is a bit of grind.  There is plenty of adventure to have in the game.  battling trainers, and defeating each gym leader so that you can get to and beat the elite 4.  It isn't just a straight walk through and get it done.  Lots of part you have to do side quests to be able to get the main objective done.

Sometimes you can get stuck if you haven't battled enough, and in some case you need to get your pokemon leveled up, but you are never just wandering around aimlessly.  There are different pokemon to catch in the game.  There is even a breeding system where you can get moves learned to pokemon that they normally could not learn from training.  There is also the "Got to catch them all" where you try to get every last pokemon.

Most of the time the story seems really similar.  Between games, but different enough.

Like in any leveling game, there is a bit of grind.  There is plenty of adventure to have in the game.  battling trainers, and defeating each gym leader so that you can get to and beat the elite 4.  It isn't just a straight walk through and get it done.  Lots of part you have to do side quests to be able to get the main objective done.

Sometimes you can get stuck if you haven't battled enough, and in some case you need to get your pokemon leveled up, but you are never just wandering around aimlessly.  There are different pokemon to catch in the game.  There is even a breeding system where you can get moves learned to pokemon that they normally could not learn from training.  There is also the "Got to catch them all" where you try to get every last pokemon.

Most of the time the story seems really similar.  Between games, but different enough.

Ah, the only questgiver I got was the guy who asks you which pokemon you want.  The clones for phone seem to skip the story aspect.  My cousin has my game, are there any good emulators for the older games?  Otherwise it's flipping between Puzzles and Dragons or Tower of Saviors.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

Mega Charizard!

Mega_Charizard-X-and-Y.jpg

Pretty excited for that one. I hear there will be mega Gengar as well. :)

Also, I have been wanting to get the 3DS XL system for awhile.  I thought about grabbing one eventually after pokemon came out.  Now I see they have this out now :)

Look for limited-edition Nintendo 3DS systems featuring the Legendary Pokémon Xerneas and Yveltal in stores September 27th!

post-15631-0-31054600-1378326242_thumb.j

Then they also announce a paid service.

Pokemon bank

Pokémon Bank is an application and service for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y that will allow you to deposit, store, and manage your Pokémon in private Boxes on the Internet! Pokémon Bank is a paid service, with an annual charge for usage.

Pokémon Bank will be a powerful resource for players who like to obtain many different kinds of Pokémon, or for those who like to raise many Pokémon in preparation for battles and competitions!

I am not sure how I feel on this yet.  I think it is pretty cool service.  I'd be able to get all of my pokemon on one game from all the other games.  I just don't know how much I would be willing to pay for this service.  Also, what happened if I don't pay for a month, do the stored pokemon disappear?

post-15631-0-31054600-1378326242_thumb.j

Just started up Heart Gold again after many years. HAven't even got to the point where I can catch pokemon yet but I am loving the trip down memory lane. Also have Black and the fiance has white

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

I was in middle school when the originals came out, so I was part of that original target audience. I never quite caught them all as none of us had the cords to link the gameboys and get the ones you could only get through trading, but got everything I could without that, including Missingno.

I wish they'd come out with legit iPhone games for them, but I doubt it will ever happen as they want to sell gaming systems.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

So because of this thread I broke out my old gameboy color and went online to see if I could find a Red verison for sale, I found a new one for $557 :eek-new:   used ones on ebay are going for around $30-40

I really should see if my brother can find his so I can replay it and try to capture Mew

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Been an avid Pokemon lover since my mum first got me Gold and a Gameboy Colour when I was about... 9? I'd followed news of the original games prior to that, and since then have played all of the main games, and am just restarting Black 2 after moving back from working abroad! Man, I missed my DS! Looking forward to X and Y in October, some really cool looking 'mon designs this gen!

'It's pointless to keep fighting. Why, Mr. Anderson? Why? Why do you persist?'

'Because I choose to.'

God I love Pokemon. I don't have any of the games anymore, nor can I afford them any time soon, BUT I'm so @#$^&% EXCITED for X and Y!!!!!! It's all I've been able to draw recently!!! GAH!

Also, SKY BATTLES! HORDE ENCOUNTERS! CUSTOMIZATIONS! \(>â–½< )/

Aaaaah~ I want a N3DS!!!  (â•¥_â•¥)

Also, damnit, I want an official Pokemon MMORPG (PokeMMO isn't enough now)!

Adventurer | Level 1

CON: 0 | STR: 0 | STA: 0 | DEX: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

On Hiatus

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life — It goes on" -- Robert Frost