Forums are back in action! ×

Spending Fast/Spending Diet

Hi all,

I'm an avid blog reader. Looooooove blogs. Finance blogs, food blogs, health blogs...blogs.

I was wondering if anyone else happened to stumble across AndThenWeSaved.Com which covers the Spending Fast and Spending Diet. The Fast is something I've thought of doing as my debt increases and I want to get a control of it. Would anyone else be interested in maybe getting a group together to do something like this?

• Like 1

Tsundere
Level 1 Adventurer/Ranger, pseudo-ninja and Sailor Scout Rebel
STR: +0 || DEX: +0 || STA: +0 || CON: +0 || WIS: +0 || CHA: +0

"The past is seldom as we would have it. The future yet to be known. Embrace the present and strike all else from concern." - Spartacus

Rebel Ranger Debut

Sailor Tsundere's Battle Logs

Tsundere Tsunami - Personal Blog

I've never seen that blog before but just spent my lunch reading the Spending Fast post.  It sounds like a brilliant idea - I made big mistakes with money when I was younger, meaning I've been slowly clawing my way out of debt ever since.  Some of the things she's written in that post really resonated.  I'm going to discuss it with my wife and see if we can do a spending fast from now until the end of the year - if it goes as well as I hope, to extend that throughout 2014.  I'm in a position now where I think a full year on a spending fast will knock out 75% of my remaining debt, which would be literally life-changing...

I know it's been a while since you posted this, but thanks for bringing that to my attention :)

Hurray!

I'm glad you got something from it. She happens to be one of my favorite bloggers and she's super practical.

I hope your wife agrees and you all can zap some debt!

Tsundere

"The past is seldom as we would have it. The future yet to be known. Embrace the present and strike all else from concern." - Spartacus

Rebel Ranger Debut

Hah, in terms of spending, I've managed to be almost anorexic.  A couple years ago, I freaked out like eating a whole twinkie because I spent $200 on a couch when we mostly needed one.

I've got something going that's going to make the credit card bleed, but hubby assures me that not only do I have an unrealistic image of how we're doing, but home improvements don't come out of my budget.  (Basically my scrimping might be able to throw off the payment schedule by one month by the time it zeroes.) 

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

I'm super happy to be reading this!

Even though I suck and have yet to do a fast or diet, I have taken some of her advice and started to do freelance work (which was an extra $300 over the past few months) as well as renting out my body (in the most non-sexual way possible). It's been such an amazing resource to have.

Tsundere

Rebel Ranger Debut

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this, that blog looks like a great wealth of  info.  I also realise that this is a rather old thread but since it's stil on the first page I don't feel as though I am truly necro'ing it. 

"If you're not waking up in the morning and living your life like a ritual of creation or destruction or life or death or love or hate then you really are just dieing one minute at a time."

- Paul "Grimnir" Waggener of the Wolves of Vinland

Mogi Shade, Level 4 Yeti

[STR 6] [DEX 8] [STA 4] [CON 5] [WIS 4] [CHA 4]

Current Challenge: [05]

JJSOMMER.COM | Tumblr | Instagram

Quinte Outdoor Club Meet-Up Group [ON, Canada]

I came across her spend fasting post on pinterest a while back. It's an awesome idea! I was on a spend fast for a long time. I picked up a second job and have bumped off some medical bills and my credit card.  Car loan is next :)

Currently back to spending minimally for things but another strict diet is on the way, I think. 

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!