Forums are back in action! ×

Will you stop clowning around and do something!?

I get soooooo distracted by the hilarious that the awesome just weaves in unnoticed....

you moved up to the ABBW and did all 5 circuits then still did 4am jump rope sessions?!?!?!?!?!

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b640/Bekah3912/mlfw1021_Rainbow_Dash_says_youre_awesome_zpsf204ae69.gif%7Boption%7D

Not that you didn't know that :)

I feel like I am the right amount of emotion for each situation, but everyone varies on what they can tolerate.  I'm no drama queen if that's what you mean.  Unless I don't get my bacon.  Then the wife and kids laugh at my meltdowns...  Not really, but it's a fun visual.  

Well, hmmm how to explain it better, most men who are okay with more typically feminine tasks, are also generally more emotionally sensitive and don't respond well to a person without them giving a high level of emotional reciprocity, which I SUCK at (usually when it's the most necessary), I'm great at the show up naked and bring beer, not so good at the cry on my shoulder stuff, its not that I dont care, Im just unable to respond appropriately...and some men don't like that much. I have my own meltdowns, but not about bacon :P

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Drinking rum in the AM is always acceptable in my book, and I'm not even a pirate.  Except on Sept 19th.

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

And I may try printing some of these out.  I may have to modify them based on my abilities, but the titles are nice and nerdly.

http://neilarey.com/workouts.html

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

And I may try printing some of these out.  I may have to modify them based on my abilities, but the titles are nice and nerdly.

http://neilarey.com/workouts.html

I like the Beach Action one :) Of course the name isn't very nerdy, but it's a great workout in an amazing location.

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I'm thinking the 'I aim to misbehave' is on my list.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Im going to blame it on my eyesight and not my utter cluelessness, but what the hell is that supposed to be?

I'm not an expert, but I believe the ancient Mesosoic people called it awesomeness. Id have to look it up again.

And its snowing here. Supposed to get 4" by rush hour. So glad I drive in before rush hour. If you all don't hear from me in the next two hours, I've either lost control on the road and had to use my wits and Leatherman to survive, lost power at work and can't get on or got really busy there. Down the road I go.

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Yeah, pretty sure the boards have a system based on number of posts.  Jess and I are around the same amount, so I wonder if it's that.  Like I said, level up on the boards.

I did make it in alright.  The roads were slow and other drivers really piss me off, but I'm glad to be in before the rush hours begin.  

I am still workout hungover from the past couple days.  Shoveling to my car this morning was a chore and my arms and back are going to be feeling it.  This weekend, I will have to find some recovery time.  Got signed up for my cities rec center program.  $30 a year and I get run of their facilities all around the city.  They have several with different things.  One has good weight machines, another has an awesome running track, so I will be splitting my time between them.  The one downfall is their hours.  I think I found a work around for that too, though.  Last night found me in a serious discussion about homeschooling the kids.  We kind of didn't take it seriously at first when we found my son's school.  Now that they've gone half the year, we're reconsidering.  He's a smart kid in many ways.  His math skills are on par for a 4th grader and he loves his science and arts.  His reading skills are on par with his 1st grade peers, but he doesn't really get enthused by it as much as the other subjects.  I think it's because he's afraid of failure.  It's something that we can work on with him.  The rub is, he really likes going to school and being with his friends.  So much so that it's often a distraction to him.  He learns better in an individual or small group (2-4 kids) setting.  Now I have to research what we need to do as parents to see if it's worth it.  We'll see what happens, I guess.  

Also, happy Thor's Day everyone!

thor1.gif

I stand ready for all that the Universe has in store for me this day.  I shall not falter.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Math/Science and reading are two separate parts of the brain I feel. I remember I really excelled in Math and Science, but not literature. It wasn't that I didn't understand it or that I wasn't into it. I think I just hated the material that they required you to read. I would read things like Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy and the Hobbit because it interested me, but nothing like those books I felt were ever required reading. blech. Required reading... how bout just read and analyze.

My nephew just went through the same thing at his school. He excels at math and science, but is 'behind' in reading. He is interested in reading Harry Potter, but they give him The Farmer and his Beets (or what have you). Idk. I'm not an expert. I just am glad I got out of public school with my brain still functioning.

tumblr_n055khiki61sdnfuso1_500.gif

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

I think those who are more right brained (is that a descriptor I can use...? i.e. artsy) are more prone to excelling at math over reading.  He enjoys stories, but he's feeling like he's not that good at reading them.  I will have to work on his confidence.  

Studies have found that homeschooled kids are more socially awkward around their peers through the teenage years, but in adulthood (whatever that means) they interact better with other adults than kids who were not.  I'm really not worried about the social aspect of my kids (you've all seen the circus pictures...) so I guess most of my research is in the requirements that he has to fulfill and how we report it.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

tumblr_n055khiki61sdnfuso1_500.gif

And this is exactly what my kids would want to see.  Ry would love Thor and Cbear would be all over the Rapunzel.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I think those who are more right brained (is that a descriptor I can use...? i.e. artsy) are more prone to excelling at math over reading.  He enjoys stories, but he's feeling like he's not that good at reading them.  I will have to work on his confidence.  

Studies have found that homeschooled kids are more socially awkward around their peers through the teenage years, but in adulthood (whatever that means) they interact better with other adults than kids who were not.  I'm really not worried about the social aspect of my kids (you've all seen the circus pictures...) so I guess most of my research is in the requirements that he has to fulfill and how we report it.

As usual, I agree with this. The How to is easy....look for information for homeschool parents on the county school board website. There are several options (here at least, maybe even more there bc its considerably larger than Bradentucky) virtual school...which I loved for them for various reasons...weekly parent teacher contact is required for students to complete a unit module in each subject, and that is at the high school level, I am thinking younger grades would be even more involved, then you have the option to do part time instruction of choice plus electives in a traditional school setting (I think this is ideal if T is still home to do the running around it requires, I didnt have that option for Abby or would still have her homeschooled) or instruction of choice plus extra curricular homeschool based groups. The process started by withdrawing her from her current school, registering her as a homeschool student with the county, enrolling her in the virtual school and then the classes would start, and there were two curriculum options with the virtual school: year round go at your own pace, or term based with deadlines based on the traditional school calendar (still go at your own pace as long as you met the deadlines...so not good for kids with processing problems or slower learners, in my opinion), but this was also all middle/high school, it may be different with elementary kids.

I have expounded at length in your other thread, so I wont regurgitate it, but if you want any help, I'm an amazing research assistant, and white lab coats are great :P

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Yeah, pretty sure the boards have a system based on number of posts.  Jess and I are around the same amount, so I wonder if it's that.  Like I said, level up on the boards.

I did make it in alright.  The roads were slow and other drivers really piss me off, but I'm glad to be in before the rush hours begin.  

I am still workout hungover from the past couple days.  Shoveling to my car this morning was a chore and my arms and back are going to be feeling it.  This weekend, I will have to find some recovery time.  Got signed up for my cities rec center program.  $30 a year and I get run of their facilities all around the city.  They have several with different things.  One has good weight machines, another has an awesome running track, so I will be splitting my time between them.  The one downfall is their hours.  I think I found a work around for that too, though.  Last night found me in a serious discussion about homeschooling the kids.  We kind of didn't take it seriously at first when we found my son's school.  Now that they've gone half the year, we're reconsidering.  He's a smart kid in many ways.  His math skills are on par for a 4th grader and he loves his science and arts.  His reading skills are on par with his 1st grade peers, but he doesn't really get enthused by it as much as the other subjects.  I think it's because he's afraid of failure.  It's something that we can work on with him.  The rub is, he really likes going to school and being with his friends.  So much so that it's often a distraction to him.  He learns better in an individual or small group (2-4 kids) setting.  Now I have to research what we need to do as parents to see if it's worth it.  We'll see what happens, I guess.  

Also, happy Thor's Day everyone!

thor1.gif

I stand ready for all that the Universe has in store for me this day.  I shall not falter.

:) I hadnt thought of that, c you two were the first I have seen, but I was still quite a few posts behind you....although, I did win the "You have no life" booby prize the other day, for being the day's top poster (you were #3 or 4). The rec sounds awesome!!! Sorry about the workout hangover :(

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn