Forums are back in action! ×

Will you stop clowning around and do something!?

The workout hangover is how I thrive.  It means I did something, so I'm embracing it.  

It's still coming down out there.  We're expected to have 4-6 inches now by noon.  On the plus side, it's supposed to stop around then.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I don't have much input at all on the education front.  I finished up my last two years of high school at a public residential science and math high school so I essentially left home at 16.  Best decision I ever made and I recommend it to anyone.  That education was better than my first year or so of college because I was taught mostly by PhDs who weren't burdened with having to be tenure track or otherwise distracted.  We were taught to derive mathematical formulae instead of memorizing them.  We learned scientific principles through experimentation.  I guess my point is that education isn't one size fits all so huzzah to you for finding the best way to educate your child. 

• Like 2

I guess my point is that education isn't one size fits all so huzzah to you for finding the best way to educate your child. 

Which is why No Child Left Behind can never work.  Standardizing children who are not all the same is asinine.  

• Like 3

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

NRTIFLDTMOMNBART

January 30th, 20XX: I Don't Want to Miss a Thing - Aerosmith.  I know this is a romantic type song and a lot of people use it for their sweethearts, but for me, this is for my kids.  I work 40-50 hours a week.  I get home around 4 and the kids are in bed, typically, by 8.  This gives me 20 hours Mon-Fri with them, and that's if I don't have any other meetings going on.  I get the weekends as well, but I always feel like I miss them growing up.  I want to watch these two make a life for themselves.  I know I am enabling them to do so by working, and I stick by the decisions my wife and I have made, but I do miss them.  I make sure that before I go to bed each night, I pop into their room and check on them.  It might be a silly thing, and it may be something that a lot of men wouldn't admit to (the fathers I've met on these forums are an exception to that), but I love my kids so damn much.  Even when they are being typical kids, they make me happy.  

• Like 3

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Tomorrow is Top Hat Friday!  It's going to be awesome.  All are welcome to join.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Already have a clown hat similar to the bottom one.  Today is a plain black top hat.  Bonus, it's collapsible. 

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Last night was 20 minutes of yoga because I thought another ABWW would kill me.  I didn't want that.  This morning was early morning jumping for 15 minutes in the cold garage.  It's currently -8 in St. Paul.  Happy Friday everybody!

Level 2 Warforged Druid

A) Thanks.  

B) You're just now realizing this?  :P

Level 2 Warforged Druid

NRTIFLDTMOMNBART

January 31st, 20XX: Break Stuff - Limp Bizkit.  This one sparks a memory from high school.  A local cyber cafe (they were popping up all over the place) had been opened for a few months and I had gotten to know the owners and their staff pretty well.  They liked to host local bands on the weekends and one Friday, they had a cover band that was pretty good.  They had a pretty good following and so the place was packed.  Fire Marshal should have been called, packed.  One of the last songs on their set was Break Stuff.  Well, the crowd got a little wild and started to break stuff.  Now, these are computers and in the 90's they were expensive.  I liked this place so I decided to help keep the destruction to a minimum.  I was a bigger guy on the wrestling team in high school.  Add to that I dressed to intimidate back then.  I took quite the beating, having to go to the hospital for a few cracked ribs, but I ended up laying out a dozen or so ne'er do wellers that night and getting the rest of my time spent at that establishment comped till they closed shop two months later.  I've gotten a lot better about picking my fights as I've gotten older, to be sure, but I realize that sometimes, you don't have the chance to think that far ahead.  I'm just glad it turned out okay for me.  I heard that after things started to escalate, a few guys grabbed some table legs and turned on me but thought better of it after I smashed two guys' heads together.  I don't know if the owner was trying to make me feel better about the whole thing or if it happened, but I like to think it did.  Now I'm just a big teddy bear.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

One of those days at work again.  At least I've got my hat.

a51.gif

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

• Like 5

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I want a trilby for my collection as well.  Great hats.  If you find it, post a picture. 

New thing!  <-- few more of those !!!!!

Post a picture of you in your hats.  Silly, awesome, strange, comfortable, doesn't matter.  Hats people!

Level 2 Warforged Druid

If I were to do that you'd run out of space on this thread.

Also, yaaaaaaaaay hats!

Bring it on, Hatter!

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Already have a clown hat similar to the bottom one.  Today is a plain black top hat.  Bonus, it's collapsible.

I want one of those for ME silly! The only hat I have is a knit hello kitty hat with tassely things for when its cold!

Hello-Kitty-Lapland-Beanie-hat.jpg

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Get the top one for you then.  

Pictures of you all wearing your hats.

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

One of those days at work again. At least I've got my hat.

a51.gif

At least you are being positive :D

When is your birthday? and I have a big head too! Most "women's" hats never fit, luckily my HK one stretches or I'd never fit in it!

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn