Forums are back in action! ×

Will you stop clowning around and do something!?

Sorry to hear about your mentor :(  A small part of him will live on in you as you perfect you craft.

I know what you mean about those body aches.  Advil will ameliorate the situation if you can tolerate it.  Even if you have to back off on your lifts a little, still go to keep up that momentum!  Great job, btw!

What's not to like?  Personally, I feel it's like the ultimate test of strength.  How much weight can you grab and pick up off the floor.  Tests grip strength, core strength, leg strength.  The whole package all in one.  :)

This :D

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Sorry to hear about your mentor :(  A small part of him will live on in you as you perfect you craft.

I know what you mean about those body aches.  Advil will ameliorate the situation if you can tolerate it.  Even if you have to back off on your lifts a little, still go to keep up that momentum!  Great job, btw!

He once told me that if I don't start competing (yes, clowns have competitions...) that I'm wasting my time.  First competition, I do a juggling routine/skit and took 1st.  He was in the back of the room and when I was done, he came up to me and said "Jitters, if I hadn't seen you do all that a million times on the parade routes, I would have thought you were great.  As it is, I think you're a show off."  Scooter was an unbelievable show off.  He would take something that was very technical and complex and make it look like he was bored with it.  Then he'd take something easy and make it look like it's taking all his effort to perform it.  To have him call me a show off was something akin to having Neil Patrick Harris take awesome lessons from me.  

• Like 3

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

NRTIFLDTMOMNBART

February 10th, 20XX: Glycerine - Bush.  This was the first song I ever performed on stage.  A couple of us where in orchestra back in 7th grade and decided "We could play that".  There was a talent show coming up in two months and we got a few friends together.  I was on bass originally, but our lead vocalist keep flaking out on us, so I was asked to step up because I "had the least offensive voice of all of us".  Who can say no to that.  Talent show came up and we sucked it up pretty bad.  Our timing was off, the instruments were out of tune from each other and I had a mic problem (I hear it happens to every guy...).  We each went our separate ways, musically, but the next year, we decided to give it another go.  We billed it as, "Same song, same laughs".  Turns out, we just needed more practice.  We ended up taking second.  I was told that my voice sounded like something that would haunt the auditorium forever.  They eventually tore that school down, so maybe it did and they got scared.  This would eventually lead me to a lot of time on stage and it will always hold a special place for me.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Does a silk Superman robe count?  Though I do have the costume too...  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Hmmm, I haven't quite decided on that yet.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

My clown meeting went a lot later last night than I had anticipated, so without further ado, a new hat picture from this past Saturday

tumblr_n0td301shI1skbydco1_r1_400.jpg

Last night before my meeting, I was cleaning up in the kitchen and I hear a lot of giggling from the living room.  My kids come in and say, "Dad, you're really goofy" and run back into the living room.  I go in and they're looking at pictures from the party and came upon this one.  My daughter echos her brother and says "Dad, too goofy.  That's my hat".  I ask them how long have they known me and they're just now realizing this?  

Also, I forgot my gym clothes, so I had to stop at home before hitting some weights.  I check the mail and I was surprised to find a package for me.  Our lovely JessFit had sent some soaps, a sleep mask (it does fit around my head, by the way) and some Dino hand warmers.  The warmers got used right away and the soaps smell great.  Thank you so much, Jess.  That was awesome of you to do.  

Lifting yesterday

Squat:

3x5x45

5x5x90

Bench:

3x5x45

5x5x105

I had to take longer in between sets last night because I was still achy.  I'm going to do the deadlift on Wednesdays and Fridays, I think.  This morning, I went out to jump rope in the garage.  I'm almost out of LP again thanks to another -13 morning.  I hear it's going to pass, though.  I'm also thinking about my next challenge, so that's always good.  Get Lucky 7k is in a little over a month.  Getting ready.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

It's her favorite hat.  We got it down in FL and it has 8 princess on it.  She likes to name them off or point them out when watching a movie.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

NRTIFLDTMOMNBART

February 11th, 20XX: When the Devil Gets the Best of Me - Big & Rich.  Despite my outward demeanor most of the time, both online and in reality, I do have some issues I've been working on with depression and this "other side" of me.  It's something that I've struggled with since middle school.  Over the years, I've had many ups and downs in life.  Things happen.  A lot of the time, I had let those things really get to me and consume my happiness.  I wasn't looking for the silver lining because I never thought it was there.  I had a pretty bleak outlook on life.  Over time, I slowly came out from under this.  I started looking for the good in things.  I still slipped and fell back into my darker moods, but I found they were a little easier to get out of.  In the past 7 years, I've been happier than I ever once thought possible.  I still have that other side, but I know it doesn't have to consume me.  I acknowledge those feelings as valid, but I don't let them get the better of me nearly as much as I used to.  I still have my moments; I always will, but I am able to better see things the way they are now.  I have people around me who love me, I have two wonderful children that make me smile every single day, and I am on the path to make myself the man I want to be.  I am grateful for all that I have in my life, which includes my friends here at Nerd Fitness.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Very cute :)

I really am, aren't I?  :P

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I know, but I've been riding the coattails of my kids' cuteness since they were born.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Nerds are smart. Smart people think a lot. Thinking leads to analyzing. Analyzing can lead to scary places.

I think I can sympathize where your 'dark side' comes from. I had this thought in my car this morning while listening to Skyrim music 'life is really what you make of it.' Yes, life can seem pointless at times or that it is leading nowhere. It can be scary to think that this is it and it can end at any moment, but if this is it then don't you want to make the most out of it and if you keel of tomorrow and there is no after-life then it's not like you are going to mourn yourself.

My brain talks too much sometimes. Quiet brain! *shoves crayon up nose*

• Like 2

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

homer-crayon.jpg

Level 2 Warforged Druid

2012-01-30-1-ralph-waldo-emerson-make-th

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

NRTIFLDTMOMNBART

February 12th, 20XX: Big Time - Big & Rich.  Two days in a row for B&R.  Pretty cool.  This song got me home from Canada and then to Detroit to see a PM5K show.  I was up in Canada with some friends fishing (okay, I was driving the boat, I don't really fish) for a week.  I was coming back solo and realized about an hour into it that I had left my CDs up there.  I had this single in my car still and I played that on repeat the whole ride back.  I got home, slept for 3 hours and was back on the road to Detroit for a concert.  Again, I forgot to pack my back up CDs, so it was Big & Rich to the rescue.  I did have radio, but by and large, I rocked this one out.  It was during a time where I was trying to think more positively, so the message of "I don't have it all, but what I have is pretty great" was huge for me.  And I still think that while I don't have it all, nor do I have it all figured out, I am still pretty damned lucky for what I do have.  Do I strive for something more?  Of course, it's human nature.  But I will not be held back because I am lacking something.  I feel truly blessed and I will not let anything tell me otherwise.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid