Forums are back in action! ×

Will you stop clowning around and do something!?

JokerHands.gif

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

tumblr_lmazhr68ZI1qafrh6.gif

I'm trying to figure out what to do next. 

I got nothing.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

tumblr_n13y3hHwwz1rj305uo1_500.gif

If wishing made it so

Level 2 Warforged Druid

flipping-table-gif.gif

Just got word that half my team is getting laid off end of the month.  The company had done poorly over the past few months and we're not getting sales as quickly as management would like.  Never mind that we closed half of the month previous in a week and a half...  and were rewarded for it.  Still not sure if I will be part of that half or not, but it sure brings the day down a bit.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Yeah, this place could give Sybil a run for her money...

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Thanks.  I've been looking and applying.  Nothing so far, but I am still out there. 

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Normally, I would agree with you, Hatter.  This place defies logic.  I wasn't supposed to find out that part of my team is supposed to be laid off, but I did.  And really, it wouldn't be the worst motivator for me to double up my efforts for finding a new job.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

This morning, I went out to the garage to jump, fully expecting snow on the ground from our latest winter storm.  I was let down.  Not a single flake had fallen over night.  It's supposed to hit today around 11, but we'll see what really happens...  Got a lift in yesterday and feel really good today.  Sore = good in my new world.  

I am contemplating a 15k in April.  Thoughts?  It would be doubling what I am running next month, but I think I can do it.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

And a good thought.  I wanted to increase my run distance this year from 5ks, but not quite up to half marathons yet, so it would be within my limits, but I'm not sure about it.  It would be early in the season (for MN at least) and I wouldn't have another race for 3 months after it, but you're right, if I push too hard, I might not come back from it.  It's still very tempting.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

This morning, I went out to the garage to jump, fully expecting snow on the ground from our latest winter storm.  I was let down.  Not a single flake had fallen over night.  It's supposed to hit today around 11, but we'll see what really happens...  Got a lift in yesterday and feel really good today.  Sore = good in my new world.

Yeah I was a bit surprised as well. Although with these 2 days of warm weather, I will admit, this snow storm is getting me a bit depressed. Ready for a week or so in the 40's.

I am contemplating a 15k in April.  Thoughts?  It would be doubling what I am running next month, but I think I can do it.

Personally, once you get to the point where you feel comfortable doing 5k runs (like they aren't too much of a challenge), you could do a 15k. It's just a matter of pacing at that point. You shouldn't even need to train at a 15k distance. I'd maybe do 1 or 2 8-10k runs a few weeks before the race, but overall shouldn't be too bad. But again, I guess that's my take where when I do races, I'm not concerned about time at all, more just concerned about finishing.

Most marathoners that I know don't ever train at 26 miles.  They do 1 or 2 13 milers and maybe a 20 miler, but most of their runs are much shorter then you'd expect.  Just trying to increase the pace at shorter distances will build your lungs up to the point where you can handle the long stuff, least IMO.  Makes sense to me, specially thinking back to my wrestling days.  We used to do nothing but sprints basically, but yet, after doing all that sprinting, I could run for hours, literally.  One time, when I had to cut weight, I just jogged on a treadmill for 90 minutes straight without even thinking about it.  Wasn't even tired when I was done.  Those were the days... 

NRTIFLDTMOMNBART

February 20th, 20XX: She Hates Me - Puddle of Mudd.  Oh man.  My buddy J had a hell of a dating life in school.  Then we get out into the real world and he (eventually) gets married.  Then divorced.  The women he has been attracted to just don't seem to be the type of women he really wants.  He is more Nerdcore than I am, especially when it comes to his video games.  This was his jam since it came out.  One bit of advice I can administer to everyone: If you're in a relationship that seems toxic or just not going anywhere, get out.  Friendships, romantic relationships, it doesn't matter.  There's no reason to sacrifice your happiness.  Seek out relationships that make you happy.  One friend of mine just got back from a trip to Cali.  She posted something about how she's been back for a couple of hours and someone's already bad mouthing her.  I asked her quite plainly why she hangs out with this person.  She didn't have an answer.  Why hurt yourself with other people's negativity when you can walk away?  It can be hard, but it will be worth the good feelings you can find when they're not around.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

And thank you guys for the input.  I think I am going to sign up for it.  It means my juggling meet up will be in the afternoon, rather than the late morning, but it will be a good time.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I need more people jumping out of windows in my daily life.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid