Forums are back in action! ×

Will you stop clowning around and do something!?

Thank you all for the kind words.  I can't wait to frame and install this thing.  It will free up a lot of my table space...

Jitters Countdown to Christmas! Dec 4th

Little St. Nick - The Muppets
This was one of my favorites off the Christmas Together album.  Just a nice upbeat song.  My 3 year old enjoys being Animal during this song.  Especially at the end.  It's always a dance party when this song hits the speakers in our house.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I did not.  I haven't decided on my races next year yet.  I've still got time

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Thank you.  I don't necessarily aim to be an inspiration, but I've learned to live with it.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Thank you. I don't necessarily aim to be an inspiration, but I've learned to live with it.

Even the most humble can grow accustomed to their multitudes of admirers! ;)

Sent from Tapatalk, all errors are the app's fault! ;-)

• Like 1

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Don't get me wrong, I still think I'm awesome, I just don't aim to be an inspiration.  I don't think that I am the best person to lead by example.  I am no leader.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Jitters Countdown to Christmas! Dec 5th
Christmas Don't Be Late - Alvin and the Chipmunks.

I never wanted a hula hoop until I heard this song.  All the times I've heard this song (and it's a LOT) and it never gets old for me.  Both of my kids have asked for hula hoops this year because we sing this one a lot.  We all take our parts (I'm usually Dave) and it's such fun, especially when Jitter Bug takes Alvin's part.  She does the not paying attention like she's not paying attention...  wait a minute...   :D  
http://www.popmodal.com/video/662/Alvin--the-Chipmunks-Christmas-Dont-Be-Late-original-TV

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Jitters Countdown to Christmas! Dec 8th <-- Holy crap when did that happen!?
12 Days of Christmas - Straight No Chaser

Seriously, take the time and listen to this song.  You'll be glad you did.  Both my kids got into a lot of their stuff this year.  Good vocal groups are a lot of fun, so to have them sound good and have fun with a song was even better. JJ now thinks we need to have a sing along with the family where we can do this one.  He might be on to something.   

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I don't think you get to choose to be a leader. If you're awesome people will follow.

Maybe not, but I still don't think people should follow me.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I may be in for a name change soon.  The group I clown with might become a member short at the end of the month and I don't know if I'll carry the name if I leave.  Lots to decide.  I've been up literally all night with this.  I am exceptionally tired today and I'm just not feeling it.  Might wander over to Caribou and grab something caffeinated and really bad for me.  

W8b1F9W.gif

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Thanks.  Honestly, it scares the crap out of me.  It's become such a big part of my identity that I'm not sure how the transition is going to go.  I still don't know how I'm going to tell my kids.  Maybe it is time I start a kids clowning school here in the twin cities.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Any particular reason for the decision to leave? Is it just time, was there a disagreement, or don't you have the same interest anymore? I know you know yourself very well. Trust your judgement. You've got a good head on your shoulders for decision making.

Level 24 Frost Archer ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Current Challenge: thekatisalie is back :: no seriously this time

MyFitnessPal || Strava || SmashRun || Twitch

I Instagram. I tweet. I cosplay

It's hard to explain completely.  Part of it is because we're not getting any new members and the same 4 guys are doing everything while the old guard comes and eats the free food.  There's also a lot less...  enthusiasm from other members for clowning.  Something as simple as posing for a quick picture while on our way to lunch is a huge annoyance for a lot of them.  You're at the circus, for the love of all that's wacky!  I can see it if you're under dressed (we have a min. standard for posed pictures), but there's a group of us, all fully dressed, take the 2 minutes out of your lunch time.  

Stuff like that.  And it takes a lot of my time, both active and passive.  I just can't handle it anymore, and I'm done.  I haven't decided if I'm going so far as to demit on my Lodge as well, but it's a consideration.  I am staying on with the school board.  

Maybe I give up on things too easily, but I constantly give until I have nothing left.  This year, I am going to be more selfish and take the time for what I want to do.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I feel you on the giving. You can't drain yourself like that if it is taking away from the important things in life (real passion, family, etc). You're taking a scary step, but the time you gain to spend with those you love doing things you REALLY enjoy will be priceless.

• Like 1

Level 24 Frost Archer ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Current Challenge: thekatisalie is back :: no seriously this time

MyFitnessPal || Strava || SmashRun || Twitch

I Instagram. I tweet. I cosplay

I feel you on the giving. You can't drain yourself like that if it is taking away from the important things in life (real passion, family, etc). You're taking a scary step, but the time you gain to spend with those you love doing things you REALLY enjoy will be priceless.

therealkat is completely right. If giving and getting fall harshly out of whack, it's definitely time to re-evaluate for the sake of your well-being. Stop at nothing to arrange yourself where you do want to be.

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

I think it's the giving and not having what I give go to whom I wish it to.  I want a more direct influence on what happens.  

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

This year, I am going to be more selfish and take the time for what I want to do.  

do this.

It was a hard corner for me to turn but I'm so happy I did. The realization that you have AT MOST 18 hours a day and that you need to use those hours to feed an clothe yourself and loved ones, you need to bring happiness to yourself and the world in your own way and you need to love your loved ones was super important in getting me over a lot of stuff, making me a better human and better spouse.

• Like 4

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

I think it's the giving and not having what I give go to whom I wish it to.  

Life's too short. The only question is what's next. 

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

This year, I am going to be more selfish and take the time for what I want to do.

Do it, you are such a wonderful, loving, and giving person, but you have to take care of you first before everything else, if you aren't happy, then decide what will make you happy and do that.

Big hugs for you my friend :wub:

Sent from Tapatalk, all errors are the app's fault! ;-)

• Like 1

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Thanks.  Honestly, it scares the crap out of me.  It's become such a big part of my identity that I'm not sure how the transition is going to go.  I still don't know how I'm going to tell my kids.  Maybe it is time I start a kids clowning school here in the twin cities.

Before reading all the rest of this...I thought you starting a clown school for kids would be AWESOME :D (and I still do, I just think maybe the time is not now) 

Take care of you hon. Giving is good, and it makes people love you and smile and be happy when you give, but if that giving in turn stops making you happy and smiley, then it's time to let the giving go, and only do things that make them happy and you happy too...so the first part of that has to be doing what makes YOU happy. 

If you had to not worry about money, and responsibilities, and family and you were all you had, and anything you did had zero repercussions on anyone else, what would you do? Take the answer to that question, and do it....then fit everything else in around it as you are able or need to. 

It is SO hard to do, and I haven't gotten there yet myself even, but I KNOW that it's the best thing for all of us, is to do what we love, at least as much as we are able because we do have other things to consider...but take whatever time/money/energy you can, and do what makes you happy. Your family and friends and future clown school kids, will love you all the more for taking care of you first :wub: 

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn