Forums are back in action! ×

Will you stop clowning around and do something!?

Nice 70 second plank! Do you do the regular one? There are many fun ones you can do if you ever get bored. And thanks for reminding me I should also work on planks. How is it that there are always more things to work on than I can spend time/energy on? (I mean in theory I have the time, but I also want to do other things like being lazy and watching series :o

I do the regular planks.  I didn't really know there were other kinds.  I mean, I've done side planks, but that's about it.  Enlighten me.

And I hear you about wanting to do other things.  So many other things I want to do.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Okay well you have the regular plank on your hands/wrists.

You can also do them on your forearms, then you're closer to the ground. 

You can do either regular or forearm one while edging back and forth, by pressing with your toes. 

You can do the same thing but go side to side, while keeping your body very straight. 

You can go side to side, but dip your hip lower, so you do a slight rotation and making it look more like a wiggle. In fact you can keep at it and dip down A lot. 

You can do up/down planks, which go both arms straight as regular plank, then one arm down on forearm, then other arm down on forearm, then one arm back up, then two arms back up. That is CRAZY for the abs. 

You can use gymballs, tennisballs, anything to challenge your balance either for your feet or for your hands. 

You can do reverse plank so your belly is actually facing the air. 

You can do weighted planks, by someone gently pressing into you or putting a soft weight on you. 

I can probably think of more. Oh, if you don't understand some of them, or all, tell me which are the offenders and I'll try my best to find a video or something :D 

• Like 1

This is going to keep me busy. Thanks!

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I find knee planks easier on my back, because they are easier in general, (on knees and forearms) but I also couple them with bridges, on my back, knees bent, with my glutes tight and hips up in the air, I find when I alternate both, I'm using front and back parts of my core and it's a bit more balanced. Bridges look ridiculous, but they keep me going sometimes when nothing else does!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

This is going to keep me busy. Thanks!

Happy to be of service! I find normal planks very challenging already, but you've apparently been working on them a lot and you can already hold the regular one long so I hoped you'd like to spice it up <3 Let us know how it goes!

You're evil. I may have to try this.

Haha! We have a gymball (those huge bouncy balls) and it is so hard. My boyfriend has to hold the ball a bit because otherwise I fall straight off. :D

Nice 70 second plank! Do you do the regular one? There are many fun ones you can do if you ever get bored. And thanks for reminding me I should also work on planks. How is it that there are always more things to work on than I can spend time/energy on? (I mean in theory I have the time, but I also want to do other things like being lazy and watching series :o

Assassins.  Shiny objects.

Jitters!!!!! You are awesome.  That is all.

Love as thou wilt.

So, here I am finishing up my minute and twenty second plank, feeling pretty good
thor1.gif

when Jitters Junior asks me to time him on his plank.  
5791896.gif

Kid goes for a minute and 40 seconds.  I tell him that's impressive and he tells me he's pretty good at things like that
giphy.gif

That's my boy.  

Got my Day 8 squats in.  26, 12, 12.  Went 16 on the second set because math is hard...
115d87a9-0b17-4d1f-9549-ad625c8783cc.inl

Designing a commissioned piece and things are coming together nicely.  The diamonds just aren't working out though.  I did the math and it should have worked out.  
youre-wrong-gif.gif

Wrong sized diamonds.  The ones I need have a different angle and my local shops don't carry what I need, nor will they order it in.  I have to order from Delphi Glass in MI and shipping is sucky.  I order the 8 I need, it's $21.  I order 20 and have some extras to play around with, it's $31.  Sold.  My new budget (Oh yeah, I have a budget now!) starts on Sunday, so I can spend the money then.  Problem solved and it won't slow down the rest of my pieces.  Rambling on now.  Wee!

Have a great day everyone!

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Minute thirty last night.  Holy crap was that exponentially harder than the minute 20.  Now I make weird noises at the end of my planks.  Those are cries of pain, I assure you.  
Squats were 30, 10, 10 last night.  Before I got to my set, my over tired Jitter Bug asked if she could do squats too.  I told her to go right ahead.  JJ was trying to teach her proper form (this kid), but she was too bouncy for that.   Pretty bouncy night overall.  They don't have school today, so they get to rest and recover and prep for tomorrow's festivities.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Or absolutely terrifying for any who may hear it.  :P

So this is today:

giphy.gif

Cranked up and ready to take on Friday.

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Friday went well.  Minute and 40 second plank.  Easy set of squats and started learning guitar.  All between 10pm and midnight.  

tumblr_m6lew5DiJT1ry6vowo1_500.gif

Saturday.  Halloween.  Fun night.  Our first stop was the fire station.  Full size candy bars.  Which the kids decided to eat between there and my brother's house.  Gotta hype up for the night, I guess.  Brother's house had the fire, the candy and the Jell-O shots for the parents.  I guess he got around 150 kids stop by.  After that, went to visit my grandma and the kids got their fill of old folks saying how cute they looked...  They do enjoy the attention.  Then we went to my sister-in-law's house for the trick or treating.  Planned on walking with them, but my niece and her friend took the kids and they went on their own.  So we opened a bottle of wine and had a lot of really good smoked wings.  A lot of wings.  Got home around 10pm and got the kids to bed.  Then my wife reminded me that I still had a plank and squat sets to do... so many wings eaten, so tired...
ive-made-a-huge-mistake.gif

Well, I rocked the minute and 50 second plank and a pretty intense squat set.  Well, rocked it may be overstating it a bit.  A lot.  Okay, I finished them, but I was grumbling the whole time.  I felt like throwing up after, but powered through.  

Last night, I didn't eat as much and had my son time me for my 2 minute plank.  I almost didn't make it.  He was the reason I did finish it.  Kept calling out the time every 15 seconds and told me things like "you got this dad" and "you're making funny noises, dad".  Such a helper.
anigif_enhanced-30512-1395866777-14.gif

Saved the squats till after the kids were sleeping.  Had to help with homework and get them to bed.  Got the squats done while watching Hawaii Five-0.  Felt really good afterwards.  

Hope everyone has a great week.  A lot of you are starting new challenges.  Happy fitnessing everyone.  

tumblr_lqwcwu0EfY1r1rvcno1_500.gif

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

My daughter's squat routine is something special.  I wish I got it on video.  :D

Just nailed a presentation at work today.  It's our company welcome video and I've spent the past 6 weeks working on it.  Presented to my supervisor, the sales manager and the CEO.  It was met with approval from all three.  Feeling pretty good right now.

Gangsta.gif

• Like 5

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Two minute and 10 second plank.  This is getting tough.  And I'm aiming for 5 minutes?
baddecision.gif

I will not be deterred, however.  I will prevail.  I hope.  
Squats were a 40/14/14 set.  Holy underwear that was intense.  I got through the 40 okay, but then after my 60 second rest, the first 14 was killer.  I almost fell over.  Amusing enough, but it's only going to get more difficult.  I have to keep in mind why I'm doing this; that squat butt
tumblr_lzbainW1hZ1rp59qko1_500.gif

And, you know, general health and fitness...  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I had to put off today's workouts until tomorrow.  Gave plasma and it kicked me square in the butt.  I'll resume tomorrow with day 14.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

It just seems daunting to me.  I'm pretty sure I'm stubborn enough to see this through.  Today will be my new 14.  I will have to look at what I did differently yesterday and why plasma kicked my butt so hard.  I've been giving for a while and haven't had a problem.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid