Forums are back in action! ×

Hello fellow nerds!

Hello! My name is Jannit. Well, to be honest, it's not really but Jannit is a good internet sort of name, yes? Yes.

I've been a lurker on these forums for quite a while but only recently(ish) created an account.  It's a great community that you've got going on! 

Over the years my relationship with my health and my weight has been quite tumultuous. I make the distinction between the two as they haven't always been related. At one point, I was at my lowest adult weight but my health was pretty crappy.  I'd lost weight the "bad" way. Due to a bunch of emo stuff and the help of gallons of coffee and cartons of cigarettes, I'd dropped about 60 pounds in two months. While I looked good, my strength and endurance were atrocious.

Currently I'm at a relative low point in both areas.  While I can plan a routine and meal plan with the best of the, my motivation is the part that keeps throwing me off of track.  I've got some relatively concrete short and mid term goals in mind and I'm hoping that by joining this community in a more active manner, I'll be able to create the accountability I need to stay on track.

My most immediate goal is a 10km race that's coming up this Saturday! How did it get to be this Saturday already? O.o  This should be interesting as my health has been pretty crappy so my training has been sporadic at best.

After attending my first ComiCon this past weekend, I've been inspired to give Cosplay a try. My daughter is absolutely excited about the idea of creating costumes for next year's event. After some deliberation, I've decided that I'm going to go with She Hulk. As such, I'm going to be needing to drop a few pounds and start bulking up! So excited. I mean, who doesn't want to be green?!

If anyone is looking for someone to share stories with or help with motivation and accountability, I'd love to chat! 

In any case, I just wanted to say hello to all of you lovely people and share a bit about myself.  

Cheers,

Jannit

Welcome! 

Good that you recognize the difference between weight and health. It took me a long time to figure that out (and I still sometimes need reminded).

Good luck on your 10K!

Level 1  Wild Elf Druid
Introduction, Battle Log

Challenge #1,  Challenge #2,  

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." ~ Joss Whedon

"Only those who risk going too far, find out how far they can go." ~ Walter Bishop

I mean, who doesn't want to be green?!

You're soo right! Look at me! :-)

Welcome here amongst us starters. Good luck on your 10K, but don't try to set up a new world record.

Greets M.

Viking  Warrior Level 5

STR: 7.5 | DEX: 11 | STA: 12 | CON: 12 | WIS: 12 | CHA: 9