Forums are back in action! ×

Kingdom Wars

So back in the day, like elementary school to high school, I used to play an uber nerdy MUD called Dark and Shattered Lands. Despite the fact that it is only a text based game, it is still to this day the most fun game I've ever played. They had different systems that you could participate in like PvP and non-PvP. The PvP section was called "clans" and the non-PvP social system was called "kingdoms." It's kind of complicated, but from what I recall there were Kingdom Wars where the players didn't actually fight each other one on one, but they would do things and their stats could be added up and put into a giant dice rolling machine to choose a winner. Clans on the other hand were always at war, and they could battle for control of keeps that gave them bonuses and glory.

Obviously this doesn't directly correlate to NF, but I think it would be cool to have some kind of intra-guild competition where guilds could compete and see who is the strongest. I don't know how it would work exactly, but it would be awesome if the work we did improving ourselves somehow added to our guilds strength. That way the little things we did every day to better ourselves also helped us fight for a bigger cause. Just a thought...

Level Two, Half-Drow Ranger

My 6-Week Challenge!      Zombie Outbreak Survivors!

“There is a wide world out there, full of pain, but filled with joy as well.

The former keeps you on the path of growth and the latter makes the journey tolerable.†
― R.A. Salvatore, Sojourn

A few challenges ago the guilds participated in mini-challenges that pitted guilds against each other. 

I remember one week we had Warriors vs. Scouts, with Warriors adding up pounds lifted and Scouts adding up miles run, and some fancy math to make the totals comparable.  It was fun. 

The focus on these mini-challenges seems to have purposefully waned recently, since it seems that a lot of people were spending more effort on the mini-challenges that they lost track of their primary goals.

That's just my perception as a semi-regular poster.  A moderator has a deeper view, I am sure.

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Oh that makes sense thanks for the info! That does sound like it was really fun. Hopefully they bring something like it back :)

Level Two, Half-Drow Ranger

My 6-Week Challenge!      Zombie Outbreak Survivors!

“There is a wide world out there, full of pain, but filled with joy as well.

The former keeps you on the path of growth and the latter makes the journey tolerable.†
― R.A. Salvatore, Sojourn