Forums are back in action! ×

hi, I'm 25, I was an art major (but due to financial difficulties, I was unable to finish my senior year). I have been doing multiple dead end jobs to make ends meet. But I really want more in my life, so I love to travel and I want to get a degree I can actually use to get a stable job. Thus my conclusion is to join the navy. So I need to loose the weight I gained in college and crappy jobs so I can get through boot camp. I'm 5'9 200lbs and I need to be 160lbs at least. unfortunately I gain muscle very easily but loose fat slowly so its going to be fun weighing in. I love to read books so getting me out of my chair when I'm in middle earth or trying not to get assassinated in King's Landing, is hard. I have already cut back on my caloric intake and have been walking ( haven't gotten up the steam to run) 4 miles everyday. I think its a good start. 40lbs is my goal I a want to reach it by June of next year. Glad to be here hopefully I can make it through the holidays without crashing and burning to bad. Winter is coming!

• Like 1

Welcome, Tigerlilly!

Have you checked out the RPG sections of Nerd Fitness? It's really cool, and helps with those of us caught up in Fantasy novels. Just wanting to level up and be a better Ranger gets me out of bed and exercising every day! Check it out:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/05/10/real-life-role-playing-what-is-your-profession/

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/rebel-updates/real-life-roleplaying-attribute-points-and-th-r14

Have fun!

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

Very happy you're here! Your sister (LostOne) is certainly delighted, too!

She's thinking about doing the Whole30 program for the next challenge. You might want to consider joining her. I've offered to loan her a Kindle version of the book that explains in detail how it works. I've been trying to lose weight for years, and the Whole30 program really explains why nothing I've done has helped for more than a short time.

My mother was in the Navy during World War II. Some of the best years of her life, I think.

• Like 2

Human Ranger, Level 10
Long-term Goal: Hike WA section of Pacific Crest Trail, August 2014

Current Challenge | Facebook (personal & locavore) | Blog | Twitter

"You stand at the verge, and you could become anything." - Dan Chaon

Welcome!

Getting out of the chair seems impossible sometimes. There are several ways to combat the 'sittzies' so you can become move active. Your 4 mile walks are a fabulous start. You can plan it out, reward systems, and/or just recognizing that when you're asking yourself to get up and do something, it won't be forever. Exercising isn't going to take forever, fixing a better meal won't give you a migraine (hopefully  :playful: ), and playing games doesn't mean losing your place - unless you're doing multiplayer.

What does all this rambling mean?

Getting healthy is doable AND you can do it.

Give yourself time, experiment with different ways, and be compassionate with yourself on tough days and weeks.

YOU DESERVE THE BEST OF YOUR OWN EFFORT.

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Getting healthy is doable AND you can do it.

Give yourself time, experiment with different ways, and be compassionate with yourself on tough days and weeks.

YOU DESERVE THE BEST OF YOUR OWN EFFORT.

Words to live by, there! Thanks for sharing that mindset!

• Like 1

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG