Forums are back in action! ×

Software Engineers can be sexy too

THE BACKGROUND

I actually started with the latest six week challenge in November, but I decided I should get around to introducing myself to the community at large, I'm anxious about large forums even online sometimes, weird I know.

THE PROBLEM

Anywho, I used to be in really good shape in college, I could read, game, learn, AND go to the gym for 2 or 3 hours a day, that was the life, however now that i'm older and have responsibilities, I've begun to spread, and now by body looks like a certain iconic tuber based asteroid from everybody's favorite Sci-Fantasy about brave knights with swords of pure energy and a profound connection with universe. So I guess you could say I went all Dilbert and now I have a prime engineer's body.

THE PLAN

As it should be obvious I no longer want this. I'm going to hit up the challenges, do strength and cardio training, eat less crap (Chipotle burritos and foot long chili cheese dogs with chili cheese tots should be a rare treat, not a regular lunch), I've actually already gone from 220ish to ~209ish since the Nov. 11 challenge began, so it's looking good.

THE GOAL

Part of my motivation is purely vanity, get some good looking muscles on my currently flabby frame and have a wife that thinks I'm sexy (she claims she doesn't care what I look like, which may be kind of true, but what wife doesn't want a sexier husband?) I also just want to live long and healthy enough for someone to find that elusive solution for immortality, not jiggle when I brush my teeth, and also not wheeze when I walk up stairs.

BONUS: a few of my obsessions

Clearly I enjoy Star Wars and I'm trying to convince my wife we should do a couple cosplay, Han and Slave Leia (I'll even be Slave Leia I don't care)

I am an avid gamer, I've been playing since I was 5, I've dabbled in Tabletop when I was younger, and I think I would really like to get into it now

I am prototyping my first game as an Indie Game developer, I've gotten to a point where making them is as fun as playing them

Massive Otaku, a gem of mine is Martian Succesor Nadesico which took the Giant Robot/Space wars/goofy quasi Harem genre and then halfway through the series flipped the whole damn thing on it's head, the hook really got to me

BROWNCOAT although sometimes I have ennui over whether it was as good as it was, or whether it just ended before it got generic (although it was Whedon)
word nerd---guilty

attention span of a hyperactive gna oooooo look at the kitty!(it took me an hour to write this..can't focus)

science geek

ok, i've officially started rambling soooo i'll stop for now

• Like 2

Level 5 Tiefling Ranger/Assassin Hybrid

|STR:15 | DEX:5 | STA:9 | CON:6 | WIS:6 | CHA:4 |

My Current Challenge

Challenges: First | Second |Third | Fourth | Fifth |  Sixth

Facebook Anyone?

EMAIL!

Tiefling Ranger/Rogue Hybrid with ShadowDancer prestige, wolf companion, and Spiked Chain proficiency, BOOM my awesomeness just broke your campaign - Me

That was probably the most amazing description of Star Wars I have ever seen. Just want to get that out there. I'm in awe.

Hello and welcome! Congratulations on what you have already achieved, that is awesome :)

Nobody wants to jiggle when they brush their teeth, and I do believe you have the grounds to eliminate that :)

Good luck, and here's to your continued success!

That was probably the most amazing description of Star Wars I have ever seen. Just want to get that out there. I'm in awe.

Hello and welcome! Congratulations on what you have already achieved, that is awesome :)

Nobody wants to jiggle when they brush their teeth, and I do believe you have the grounds to eliminate that :)

Good luck, and here's to your continued success!

Thank you, I probably end up rewatching the original trilogy 3 times a year lol.

Thanks for the encouragement! yes, brush jiggling is especially bad, you can see the mirror :-p 

My Current Challenge

Facebook Anyone?

EMAIL!

Tiefling Ranger/Rogue Hybrid with ShadowDancer prestige, wolf companion, and Spiked Chain proficiency, BOOM my awesomeness just broke your campaign - Me

If you get comfortable enough with your own body to dress up as slave Leia, you know you have won :biggrin-new:

• Like 1

Vido Ardes (VEE-DOW ARR-DEZ)
Race: Roegadyn | Class: Ranger | Job: Mercenary | Stats: STR 4 DEX 3 STA 4 CON 2 WIS 0 CHA 1 | Level: 1
EXP to Level 2: Complete 3 sessions at gym per week, for the next 4 weeks | Progress: 3 / 4
Side Quest: Buy new gym clothes

My Battle Log | My Epic QuestMy Fitness Pal Food & Exercise Diary

"Strength without determination means nothing, and determination without strength is equally useless." - Godo Kisaragi (FFVII)

Welcome Snake!

If you do dress up in that slave Leia outfit, you will have to take pictures and post them on the forum! The force demands it! Just kidding. glad to have you in the rebellion!

rest assured if I'm in a Slave Leia outfit it will be all over the internet, for good or ill, either through my own doing or my wife's machinations lol

• Like 2

My Current Challenge

Facebook Anyone?

EMAIL!

Welcome Snake!

If you do dress up in that slave Leia outfit, you will have to take pictures and post them on the forum! The force demands it! Just kidding. glad to have you in the rebellion!

rest assured if I'm in a Slave Leia outfit it will be all over the internet, for good or ill, either through my own doing or my wife's machinations lol

SWEET!!!

and Hidey Ho new neighbor :) Welcome to the Greatest Forum on Earth (or Tattooine or Alderaan even)

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

An Otaku! Nice to meet you Snake. Good luck going forward!

P.S. What do you think about Gatchaman Crowds, if you've watched it?

I want to be as strong as I need to be. Physically, as well as mentally.

"Even a reject can surpass an elite, if he trains hard enough!" - Goku

I refuse to fail!

Ray, Lvl 2 Orc Monk

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 4|WIS 4|CHA 2

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge
Facebook / Twitter
^^FRIEND ME/FOLLOW ME^^

and Hidey Ho new neighbor :) Welcome to the Greatest Forum on Earth (or Tattooine or Alderaan even)

Nah, I heard about this awesome forum on Tatooine that's got everyone in the star system hooked! :D

• Like 1

I want to be as strong as I need to be. Physically, as well as mentally.

"Even a reject can surpass an elite, if he trains hard enough!" - Goku

I refuse to fail!

Ray, Lvl 2 Orc Monk

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 4|WIS 4|CHA 2

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge
Facebook / Twitter
^^FRIEND ME/FOLLOW ME^^

Good job on the intro snake! Nice to see another star wars nerd, wish I could get my wife interested in them.

Might have to wait until I can pull that Cosplay off myself.

Posting from mobile as:

Mangostrike

Stone Troll Ranger

Level 0

[ STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

Current Challenge:

Do something, anything...even if it's wrong!

Mangostrike
Race: Stone Troll | Class: Ranger
[Level: 3 | STR 6 | DEX 2.5 | STA 6.25 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 3.5 ]
Battle Log 1-First-Blood 2-Nerf-Herder 3-A-New-Hope 4-Get-Angry

If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

What do you think about Gatchaman Crowds, if you've watched it?

I think it looks like something I need to be watching....I'm watching Welcome to the NHK right now, if your tastes run for more than just actiony sci-fi/fantasy style stuff is a good little dark comedy

Good job on the intro snake! Nice to see another star wars nerd, wish I could get my wife interested in them.

As much as it pains me to say, maybe start with the new trilogy...that's how I got my wife on it all those flashy effects and angsty romance stuff I sai blegh, she said squee soooo yea

sadly...it's presence on Alderaan was cut short, I have felt a great disturbance in the force lol

My Current Challenge

Facebook Anyone?

EMAIL!