Forums are back in action! ×

Clash of Clans

Well, I was going to try and do it using AVERAGE(), AVERAGEIF(), and IF() statements in Google Docs, but quickly ran into roadblocks.  So we (meaning Gremlin cause he's a stud at programming) coded it up in JavaScript as Google Docs has a handy Script Editor.  Basically, it just expects an array of values passed in like [[1,3,2,4]].  Then we just do if statements for the special cases of "Not Used", "-", "Out", and if the cell contains 2 values.  I can post it up if you want to see the JavaScript.

• Like 1

Well, I was going to try and do it using AVERAGE(), AVERAGEIF(), and IF() statements in Google Docs, but quickly ran into roadblocks.  So we (meaning Gremlin cause he's a stud at programming) coded it up JavaScript as Google Docs has handy Script Editor.  Basically, it just expects an array of values passed in like [[1,3,2,4]].  Then we just do if statements for the special cases of "Not Used", "-", "Out", and if the cell contains 2 values.  I can post it up if you want to see the JavaScript.

Nope, that explains it. Thanks!

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Well, I was going to try and do it using AVERAGE(), AVERAGEIF(), and IF() statements in Google Docs, but quickly ran into roadblocks.  So we (meaning Gremlin cause he's a stud at programming) coded it up JavaScript as Google Docs has handy Script Editor.  Basically, it just expects an array of values passed in like [[1,3,2,4]].  Then we just do if statements for the special cases of "Not Used", "-", "Out", and if the cell contains 2 values.  I can post it up if you want to see the JavaScript.

I should be interested in seeing the code as I have a bachelors in computer science... but I hate computers now... sooo....

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I suppose this is true of any most updates on any popular game, but lots of complaining over on the SuperCell forums.  Biggest ones I've seen so far are TH8s complaining about taking away Elixir Wall upgrade (very stupid in my opinion because as of 6 months ago, they couldn't do it anyway), Barchers screaming bloody murder (again, stupid, because anyone with a brain could see that SuperCell was trying to make Barching obsolete with the last couple updates), and TH9s complaining that  L7 Giants are going to make TH10s too overpowered (Again, stupid IMO, as TH10s should be able to wipe TH9s). 

A bit funny to read.  Its a bit sad that Barching isn't nearly as feasible anymore, but it's fun.  I've been doing a bit of research and experiments with my attacks.  Forgot how fun it was trying to make armies work after months of literally using the same farming composition. 

• Like 1

I suppose this is true of any most updates on any popular game, but lots of complaining over on the SuperCell forums.  Biggest ones I've seen so far are TH8s complaining about taking away Elixir Wall upgrade (very stupid in my opinion because as of 6 months ago, they couldn't do it anyway), Barchers screaming bloody murder (again, stupid, because anyone with a brain could see that SuperCell was trying to make Barching obsolete with the last couple upgrades), and TH9s complaining that  L7 Giants are going to make TH10s too overpowered (Again, stupid IMO, as TH10s should be able to wipe TH9s). 

A bit funny to read.  Its a bit sad that Barching isn't nearly as feasible anymore, but it's fun.  I've been doing a bit of research and experiments with my attacks.  Forgot how fun it was trying to make armies work after months of literally using the same farming composition. 

I like all the updates. Elixer was so non-existant due to cheap wall upgrades that bases I would attack got cut by over 50% because I wouldn't get anywhere close to getting paid back for my army. It got to the point where I would attack any base with a somewhat respectable amount of gold or DE as long as my army got paid back, instead of looking for good targets. By holding off on the elixer wall upgrades until they are 1M, it means the bases are raidable and will have around 100k raidable elixer by the point they save enough to upgrade, which is around the cost of most standard armies (that aren't barching or gobarching). I'm very down with this.

The BARCHers complaining don't realize the game isn't supposed to be about farming collectors that people haven't gotten to in 6-12 hours, or just getting enough to 1 star. It's supposed to be about going after the banks while people are saving up, or going after the TH. BARCHing only got real popular because there are so many damn abandoned bases to hit that it's just easier. I'd like Supercell to do something to weed those out faster.

I'm down with higher level giants, though I think they probably should have been held off until TH11. I have pretty upgraded defenses at TH9, and the L6 giant hordes can walk through it for a damn long time already. We'll see how that one plays out, but I can understand the complaint. I also don't have my single shot towers upgraded as much, doing all my AOE first, so that could really be the route of the problem since AOE is more for small troops.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

My issue with the statement that th 10 should be able to wipe th 9 is that people shouldn't be able to easily wipe. I'm sick of th10/11 wiping my base when I'm saving up. It's easy for them. And sure there's a penalty to how much they can get, but when ive got over 5 mil of one resource they are going to take a nice chunk. Luckily I have found that if you hover in the low gold range the farmers are less likely. Where every time I got hit before it was a wipe now it's maybe 1 every 2 days.

I am hoping that the loss of barching may help people stay in appropriate ranges

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I can still do pretty well barching with lvl6 barbs and archers. The increased rate of fire for ATs mean that it takes a lvl13 AT to one-shot a lvl6 archer; at lvl11, the lvl6 archer will be left with 1 hp. It will be nice to be able to plunder elixir again, even if I switch back to a more expensive army.

• Like 1

Paladin Aspirant

Level 3

STR: 13   DEX: 3  STA: 9  CON: 9.33   WIS: 6.66   CHA: 6

MyFitnessPal

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth

Yeah.  I love this update, even as a person who strictly Barched.  I have a feeling they were seeing a drastic decrease in the amount of elixir in the economy so removal of the Elixir Wall upgrade (least prior to endgame walls) is great IMO.  And I get the feeling the L7 Giants was more about "Let's give the end gamers a new toy" then about trying to balance TH10s over TH9.  You have to keep releasing new end game content otherwise, a lot of those TH10s that have been that way for awhile will probably start to get bored.  I mean you can only farm 4M Gold/Elixir for 1 Wall segment for so long before it's just downright mind numbing.  :tongue:

That said, I've never been a fan of the argument "It's not how the game was meant to be played."  The game point of the game is getting resources and building your village anyway you can, whether that's building big armys to crush people, building small armies to sneak resources away from people, or just spending $10k (in real money) and getting an instant TH10.  If people can viably find resources and "Win" battles (with a 50%) off only looting inactives with Barch, it's a means of playing the game and succeeding at it.  If it's something that the game developers don't want, they should do something about it, which in this case, they did.  Game mechanics define how a game should be played, not some arbitrary rules.  Least that's my take. 

• Like 2

I'm coming to the realization that I don't take this game as seriously as others do. This is really the first game I've ever played for a significant amount of time.

I really need to learn how to attack better so I can help with wars, and this update is forcing me to do that.

• Like 1

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

If it's something that the game developers don't want, they should do something about it, which in this case, they did. Game mechanics define how a game should be played, not some arbitrary rules.  Least that's my take. 

Yeah, I agree, and that's really what I was trying to say. The developers want it played a certain way, but some of the things they did caused a misbalancing in which people could abuse the BARCH, so they're trying to tip it back the other way a bit aas they should.

500 / 330 / 625

I'm coming to the realization that I don't take this game as seriously as others do. This is really the first game I've ever played for a significant amount of time.

I really need to learn how to attack better so I can help with wars, and this update is forcing me to do that.

My basic strategy for raiding is drop giants to distract, keep them healed with angels, support with archers and wizards to do the actual destruction while the things are firing at the giants. For wars, spring traps and better air defense locations (due to not protecting storages) ruins that for me since the giants get trampolined out or the angels die and the giants can't stay healed. Due to that, I've gone to the piggy tactic. Once I get all my elixer upgrades done, I'll be experimenting more with PEKKAs again.

• Like 2

500 / 330 / 625

Sorry about not participating in the past few wars...I've been a bit too busy with school to do enough winning attacks to get out of being in the bottom of our lineup to get out of being a spectator...I should be able to be in next week's war...

Sent front phone. Any mistakes are its fault.

• Like 1

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,

With the latest round of boots, we are down to 41, so we are only going to have 1 person sitting next week.  Should be interesting....

I've taken it upon myself to "recruit" in the profile "update" section of the forums page, maybe several of us could do this and thus gain some active NF members?

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Just an FYI for you people at TH9 and above (said this in the game chat as well), but it appears there was a pretty blatant bug with Xbows in the last release.  I still not sure if it's as simple as the settings are switched, but if you have your Xbows on Air/Ground, it appears they won't attack Air troops.  I've got my set on Ground Only now and we'll wait and see if they actually attack Air Troops now.  I only bring it up because SuperCell apparently won't be fixing until the next patch (whenever that might be).  Must be something pretty major in the code to not fix core functionality of one of the more powerful defensive structures. 

Also, it appears this might not be affecting everyone.  I am definitely affected.

Link to Forum thread at Supercell

• Like 1

Hey people with Xbows!  Wondering if you can provide me some information.  So in discussions over on the SuperCell forums, the current theory is that the Xbow bug has something to do with the saved layouts.  My current idea is that your Xbows use the setting from Layout #1 regardless of what Layout you are using.

For example, I was using Layout #3 which had Xbows set at A/G, but Layout #1 and Layout #2 had both Xbows set to Ground only.  In turn, my Xbows were firing at Ground only.

I've now setup my base to be the following:

• Layout #1: Both Xbows set at A/G.
  • Layout #2: One at A/G, one at G
  • [Active] Layout #3: Both set at G.

So my question for you.  Have you noticed that you are affected by the Xbow bug?  What layout are using (i.e. #1, #2, or #3)?  And what are you other layouts set at (if you have other layouts)? 

I'm wondering about this because I'm curious if this can be taken advantage of by setting your Xbows as Ground only in your #2 or #3 layout, then doing A/G in the layout that actually affects them. 

• Like 1

Hey people with Xbows!  Wondering if you can provide me some information.  So in discussions over on the SuperCell forums, the current theory is that the Xbow bug has something to do with the saved layouts.  My current idea is that your Xbows use the setting from Layout #1 regardless of what Layout you are using.

For example, I was using Layout #3 which had Xbows set at A/G, but Layout #1 and Layout #2 had both Xbows set to Ground only.  In turn, my Xbows were firing at Ground only.

I've now setup my base to be the following:

• Layout #1: Both Xbows set at A/G.
  • Layout #2: One at A/G, one at G
  • [Active] Layout #3: Both set at G.

So my question for you.  Have you noticed that you are affected by the Xbow bug?  What layout are using (i.e. #1, #2, or #3)?  And what are you other layouts set at (if you have other layouts)? 

I'm wondering about this because I'm curious if this can be taken advantage of by setting your Xbows as Ground only in your #2 or #3 layout, then doing A/G in the layout that actually affects them. 

I've only got one layout and haven't had an issue with this bug the entire time... just a little more evidence supporting the layout theory.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Hey Rooks,

I'm not affected by the bug because no matter what layout I'm using I always use Air/Ground setting. Hope that helps.

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Just a quick update in case you didn't notice, the boost has changed from just Elixir Collectors and Troop based buildings to all buildings now (i.e. Gold Mines and DE Drills as well).  Get out there and get your cheap boosts!

Also, confirmed straight from Anoushka from SuperCell on the Xbow issue.

Posting this here again for those who just landed. The X-Bow stays in the mode set in layout1 even if a different mode is set in the active village. This issue is going to be fixed in the next update. We apologize for this inconvenience.

• Like 2

Hey everyone, new to the game only been playign for roughly 5-6 days now.

THlvl 3

walls lvl2

3x Gold Mines lvl 3, lvl 3, lvl4

Gold storage lvl 3

3x elixer collectors lvl3, lvl3, lvl 4

Elixer Storage lvl 3

2xCannon lvl2

Archer Tower lvl2

2x barracks lvl5, lvl 4 (both are updating right now

2x Army Camp lvl 4, lvl 4

Clan Castle lvl 1

Any suggestions or concerns that you see please let me know. As soon as I upgrade everything else to the highest then the Town Hall will be upgraded aswell

My game name is djpwallace I believe

• Like 2

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs