Forums are back in action! ×

Clash of Clans

Does a healer heal air units?

nvm stupid question...

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I look for AD that's close together, drop the balloons, then the hound, and once balloons start hitting things I drop a rage on em.... then follow them with some minions for clean up. I was using 24 balloons, 1 hound and 30 minions with 2 rage spells and 2 heal spells.

Had a pretty solid first try, gonna pratice one more time. I used 32 ballons and some witches. Witches were a bad idea without more cover, so I'm dropping them for 30 minions or so and trying again. My rec'd is 6, and I think I can get him for at least 2 stars if I can draw his cc first. How would you guy recommend doing that, a few balloons? A cc dragon, so that I have somehting that will survive against the right archer tower and wizard long enough to draw everything out? What have they been rocking in their ccs so far anway?

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Had a pretty solid first try, gonna pratice one more time. I used 32 ballons and some witches. Witches were a bad idea without more cover, so I'm dropping them for 30 minions or so and trying again. My rec'd is 6, and I think I can get him for at least 2 stars if I can draw his cc first. How would you guy recommend doing that, a few balloons? A cc dragon, so that I have somehting that will survive against the right archer tower and wizard long enough to draw everything out? What have they been rocking in their ccs so far anway?

To pull CCs I'd drop a balloon or 2, just gotta make sure you get a defense tower that's in range.

As for their CCs, I don't know... I haven't attacked yet.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Ive run into wizards on both my attacks in their CC.

Using a balloon is a good strategy to draw out the cc. As it will get past any outer buildings. I usually use hogs for that reason. 

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Air Attacks.  Big keys for me.

• Look at the Xbows.  Ground Xbows are prime for getting smoked by air attacks.
  • Try and take out the AQ.  AQs will just vaporize Balloon attacks since the Loons will just ignore her until all the Defenses are down. 
  • Pretty standard, but again, pull the CC troops.  Also, I tend to not like wasting a spell like Lightning on the CC troops, so if you can manage to clump the CC troops together, try and a drop a Loon right over the top of them.  When the Loon dies it should take out most of the CC troops.  Mop up the rest with Minions.
  • Also, if the AD are near the outside it can make things easier as you can take out all the AD with a few Loons on each.
  • At TH9, for spells, I'd go all Rage.  For TH10, I'd get some Freeze. 

You know... really... re-reading that, just watch this video.  He covers most of the stuff better then I could

Just popping in to say hello on NF. :) I have been trying to be more active in CoC, and now I need to be more active here (NF, not just this thread). I really need to get myself motivated to be healthier.

Glad to have you back! Now go woop some people up! And let us know if we can help (either in CoC or getting active). :)

• Like 1

friendly reminder i'll miss next war. (danielle719) :)

• Like 1

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Well, I'm in a pickle.  I got 2 stars on my first attack this war, which is awesome, but now, if I attack any of the villages left, I'm just wasting troops.  I'm not advanced enough to attack the top 20, and I don't think I could improve upon what others have done in the bottom 20.

I want to help the clan, but I'm not sure I'll be doing anything except throwing away troops.

Any suggestions out there?

• Like 1

Relax, don't worry, have a homebrew!

CRAP I forgot to attack this morning because I was running wicked late and my data plan is crappy so I can't do battle without a wifi connection (and the one at work blocks things so I can't connect to CoC). I will TRY to remember when I get off work that I need to attack. What time is the war over? Hopefully I'll be home in time, busy season is busy. :(

• Like 1

Well, I'm in a pickle.  I got 2 stars on my first attack this war, which is awesome, but now, if I attack any of the villages left, I'm just wasting troops.  I'm not advanced enough to attack the top 20, and I don't think I could improve upon what others have done in the bottom 20.

I want to help the clan, but I'm not sure I'll be doing anything except throwing away troops.

try going after the lowest guy, I attempted at first but failed misserably (I only got 13%) Definatly need to up myself and my troops for the next go around

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

I'm at work now, and will check when I get home, but I would suggest finding a base that you can at least get 1 star in (their TH), that way if we win the war you get a bigger loot bonus, which SHOULD more than offset the cost of the troops to you.

• Like 1

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

CRAP I forgot to attack this morning because I was running wicked late and my data plan is crappy so I can't do battle without a wifi connection (and the one at work blocks things so I can't connect to CoC). I will TRY to remember when I get off work that I need to attack. What time is the war over? Hopefully I'll be home in time, busy season is busy. :(

10:30 pm Eastern says my limited math skills, either that or sometime in June... <g>

• Like 1

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

54854227.jpg

Yeah...This is me right now.... only way I can win untill I up my troops more

• Like 2

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

I wouldn't stress out about it, PWallace. You're still pretty low level so just giving the attacks your best shot, having fun, and learning is great. I will get a lot easier as your troops level up and as you get a little more experience finding what works and what doesn't.

Level 1 Myrmidon Ranger

[ str 3 | dex 3 | sta 2 | con 2 | wis 3 | cha 2 ]

Fitocracy

Hasn't Texas beaten the "wicked" out of you yet?

54854227.jpg

Yeah...This is me right now.... only way I can win untill I up my troops more

I still prey exclusively on TH8s, and I'm almost (not really) ready to upgrade to TH10.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Took the advice given, and one starred #9.  Threw everything I had into that one square intentionally left open by the TH and dropped heal spells.  Every little bit helps, right?

ok... That was an entertaining replay...

*bink*

*bink*

*drops heals*

*OMGWTF CHAOS*

*silence*

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

I knew that they must have had bombs and teslas there, otherwise why leave the square open.  So, I dropped in barbs, drew out the bombs, and then EVERYTHING!!!!

Nothing else was available that I could have hit the TH, but this held *some* promise.  And it worked...

For the most part, you can overpower a small section like that... when you get higher up, it becomes more fun because you can actually take down a full base... :-)

My first challenge