Forums are back in action! ×

Clash of Clans

Camps, drills, barracks

My thought is why unlock higher tier dark barracks when you won't have the income to fund them

To me... collectors are a secondary source of income...a collector is hardly gonna fund an army. :-)

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Max de drills give me 1-2k de 1-2 times a day. More than enough for me.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

In case nobody noticed, I've opted out for tonight's war.

I'll still give attacking troops tomorrow night, but won't be able to stock war castles.

Good luck clan.

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

I had an idea- is it possible for leaders to opt everyone out of wars and ask that people only opt-in if they plan to attack? That way the people who aren't around enough to attack may not be around enough to opt back in and we should only get folks who really plan to participate.

Or do leaders not get to set opt-in/opt-out aside from when they're starting the war search?

Level 1 Myrmidon Ranger

[ str 3 | dex 3 | sta 2 | con 2 | wis 3 | cha 2 ]

Fitocracy

I had an idea- is it possible for leaders to opt everyone out of wars and ask that people only opt-in if they plan to attack? That way the people who aren't around enough to attack may not be around enough to opt back in and we should only get folks who really plan to participate.

Or do leaders not get to set opt-in/opt-out aside from when they're starting the war search?

This was my original plan, but it's not how it works. It's the later, and even then there are a limited number of opt outs. It's basically cutting your team to the threshhold you're at, or the next lowest one, which all come in multiples of 5 I believe. For example, if we're at 42, we can opt out either 2 or 7 people. It might be even more restricted based on how many people have volunarily opted out already, I don't know, schmopey has been doing the searches.

This is why I sent out the messege this morning about opting out if you're not going to attack. I'm going to start booting people who have themselves opted in but don't attack week after week. If you miss war on accident, that's fine, let us know and we won't boot you. It'll probably only be for repeat occurances anyway.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

We can select any number of players down to 10 (I think that's the minimum). The problem is that we have to do at search time. This past war, I included a couple of folks I was pretty sure would not show, because the number of opt outs made it such that it was that or randomly exclude folks who might want to take part.

I have since booted Kelly the Great and pyrorazor, as they did not attack and have no troop donation activity for this period.

• Like 1

Paladin Aspirant

Level 3

STR: 13   DEX: 3  STA: 9  CON: 9.33   WIS: 6.66   CHA: 6

MyFitnessPal

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth

I haven't been donating troops because 1) I have lower lever guys right now and 2) I always seem to miss the chance to donate. Have been attacking regularly, 1 star this time around then the wife attacked for my 2nd and failed miserably....

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

I haven't been donating troops because 1) I have lower lever guys right now and 2) I always seem to miss the chance to donate. Have been attacking regularly, 1 star this time around then the wife attacked for my 2nd and failed miserably....

Donate away, there's goals for donating, and I myself have no problem with you pursuing that by dumping troops in my castle..

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Donate away, there's goals for donating, and I myself have no problem with you pursuing that by dumping troops in my castle..

I agree. I have no problem using up other peoples troops. I believe most of us feel that way. We do tend to be very generous, so you do have to be quick to have a chance to donate often times.

• Like 1

Paladin Aspirant

Level 3

STR: 13   DEX: 3  STA: 9  CON: 9.33   WIS: 6.66   CHA: 6

MyFitnessPal

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth

I opted out because I was spending 750k + in elixir in wars without getting a war bonus to re-fill the coffers.

We had 16 unused attacks last war and 12 the war before that, until this improves (and progress is being made that I can see) I'll be still out.

I must admit, I do miss warring though.

• Like 1

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

I opted out because I was spending 750k + in elixir in wars without getting a war bonus to re-fill the coffers.

We had 16 unused attacks last war and 12 the war before that, until this improves (and progress is being made that I can see) I'll be still out.

I must admit, I do miss warring though.

Yeah, all the unused attacks is frustrating.

Well, I just started one inferno tower.  Just 5mil more until the second inferno tower is started and I opt back in.

• Like 1

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

Hi All I think ive missed two wars in a row now (SORRY!!!)

Been so busy at work and im even battling to log in once a day to collect resources  and ive opted out of tomorrow war coz I know I wont make it. Wars literally start while im sleeping and I always have to do my attacks while at work and tomorrow I have back to back meetings.

I know I will start participating more again soon but if there is anyone needing spots in the clan you can go ahead and boot me

• Like 1

Saw this the other day and got a kick. The girl pictured is Matty Rogers a talented young weightlifter. andy_anderson87 cleans up the comment thread with perspective for all the thirsty IG dudes. Ha. 

RIb6aP9.png

Eat. Sleep. High bar squat. | Strength is a skill, refine it.
Follow my Weightlifting team's antics: Instagram | Facebook | Youtube
Looking for a strength program? Check out The Danger Method and remember to do your damn abs

That;s awesome.

Also, I've now got all the fully upgraded weaponry of a town hall 9 baby. Traps, heroes, and walls are on their way *wink*.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I won't be able to do the spreadsheet this week because of camping... Does someone else want to step in and do it?https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-uOGeOpCWAp_sYHpkQ_8haLg7Wo6Gu-mOhrCwXzZjf4/edit?usp=docslist_api

And yeah, it's a bit of a mess still, but I have ideas. I just need to figure out the formulas I need. But not this week or next... March is busy 'round here.

According to that sheet, we've declared war on Christians, Japanese, and Koreans... I love it.

• Like 2

My first challenge

Crystal I...making the push to Master.  It's getting tough.

I found that putting a resource storage outside, and dropping your other resources down helps a lot. I had 1 elixir storage in the corner outside my base, and spent most of my gold and DE, and people would drop in, take the elixir, and leave... once my resources got back up, I swapped the storage with my TH until I spend it again...

• Like 1

My first challenge

I put all my collectors outside and made my DE and TH hard to get to. Coupled with keeping resources low, I wasn't worth it to hit except for collector raids, which pushed my trophy counts up. Beyond that, I just kept my target selection really strict, only attacking if I was sure of a 1 star at minimum. Totally ignored TH10s for example, as inferno towers always screw up my day.

500 / 330 / 625