Forums are back in action! ×

No piercings, but three tats:

Right bicep: San Francisco 49ers logo

Left bicep: Sons of Anarchy style Reaper with "Rise Above This"

Left calf: Crucifix made of stakes and twine

Planning a back piece starting with either "Glorious Ruins" or "Iron Sharpens Iron" across my shoulders.

post-37774-0-69159800-1428429599_thumb.j

post-37774-0-79877100-1428429600_thumb.j

post-37774-0-78188000-1428429602_thumb.j

• Like 1

~~ VALHALLA, I AM COMING! ~~

Season 1 (2015): #0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

Season 2 (2016): #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12  #13 #14 #15 

Season 3 (2017): #16 #17 #18 

Woo! Just heard from my tattoo artist that she has finished a rough sketch for my next tattoo :D

A half-sleeve, Edgar Allan Poe's raven with Gormenghast's Tower of Flints in the background. Can't wait to have a look what she's done with it.

Sounds amazing!! When are you planning on getting started?

Starting: Weight 176lbs | Bodyfat ~19% | Current: Weight 184lbs | Bodyfat ~16.5% | Goal: Weight 190-200lbs | Bodyfat 6-10%

Level 2 Human Assassin

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3

First Challenge : Completed.

Second Challenge : In progress.

Tixnleeches Epic Quest (Life Goals) : In Progress

I'm waiting to make an appointment for my sleeve atm, though I have massive OT on this friday's check so maaaybe tattoo money? :)

• Like 1

Starting: Weight 176lbs | Bodyfat ~19% | Current: Weight 184lbs | Bodyfat ~16.5% | Goal: Weight 190-200lbs | Bodyfat 6-10%

Level 2 Human Assassin

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3

First Challenge : Completed.

Second Challenge : In progress.

Tixnleeches Epic Quest (Life Goals) : In Progress

I'm reviving this thread...

I have always liked tattoos but never had the guts to get one. I think it's time to change that. My problem is... I have no idea what I want. And honestly even if it was something simple like a small star, I'm cool with that. But it seems that lots of people have tattoos with meanings, or to remember certain incidents. I want mine to just remind me that I was brave once and did something cool. Would it be worthwhile to discuss this with a tattoo artist to let them kind of "free draw" knowing certain things I like and dislike, and where I want the tattoo? I was watching Miami Ink a while back and I saw Anthony Bourdain on there. He basically said that when he goes to a chef's restaurant, he lets the chef choose the food for him since that's their specialty. And he says he does the same with tattoos, brings in a vague idea and hashes the rest of it out with the artist. Thoughts?

• Like 3

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

I have always liked tattoos but never had the guts to get one. I think it's time to change that. My problem is... I have no idea what I want. And honestly even if it was something simple like a small star, I'm cool with that. But it seems that lots of people have tattoos with meanings, or to remember certain incidents. I want mine to just remind me that I was brave once and did something cool. Would it be worthwhile to discuss this with a tattoo artist to let them kind of "free draw" knowing certain things I like and dislike, and where I want the tattoo? I was watching Miami Ink a while back and I saw Anthony Bourdain on there. He basically said that when he goes to a chef's restaurant, he lets the chef choose the food for him since that's their specialty. And he says he does the same with tattoos, brings in a vague idea and hashes the rest of it out with the artist. Thoughts?

That's what I did with my dragon, I wanted it tearing through the skin (Not like it went in and it's coming out, but that it was in the whole time and is now coming out), but let the artist fill in the details and I think it looks awesome.

At the same time, if they do a mock-up, and there's details you want changed it's easy to do. I got the wings changed a bit on mine, and she just erased what was there and extended a "finger"

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

The only body mods that I currently have are two pairs of ear piercings: one 4g plug and one 6g plug in each ear. I had an eyebrow piercing back in high school, but I took that out just before my prom, mostly due to the fact that the university program I was attending had a dress code (hospitals, what can you do?). I've thought of eventually getting a few more piercings, but they can wait.

As for tattoos, it's a funny story. I come from a very tattooed family: my father has four (both biceps, both forearms), my sister has one (hip), and my mother has one (lower back); I am the only one who does not have one. Looking at my more extended family, the only ones who don't have ink are either the older ladies (grandmothers, maybe one aunt) or the minors - everyone else is inked at least once. Except me.

I won't lie, it's because I'm indecisive and kind of ADD (jokes aside, I actually do have ADD). I haven't found THE ONE yet. I bet you anything that after I get this elusive THE ONE, I'll just start getting whatever willy-nilly. But there is hope: there is a design that has been in my head for several years now, so I think I might have found it. My goal now is to actually lose enough weight that I can get this tattoo on my ribcage.

If I ever manage to get it done, I'll make sure to post a pic.

• Like 1

Race - Ambiguously Human | Guild - None

Level - 0 | STR - ? | DEX - ? | STA - ? | CON - ? | WIS - ? | CHA - ?

I had a couple friends die in the last month and a half so I have been contemplating a memorial type tattoo. Maybe like a Valknut between Valkyrie wings or something. 

In brightest day, In blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight, Let those who worship evils might, beware my power, GREEN LANTERNS LIGHT!

I don't have any tattoos (yet) but I do have eight holes in my ears -- the last one I got was to celebrate coming through a tough time period, and it was the hardest piercing I've ever had to heal.   I got that one (a rook piercing) done in July of 2013, and as of March 2015 it finally seems to be healed enough to support a jewelry change.   I knew it was a long-term healing piercing because the cartilage is so thick, but oh my god I thought it would never end...

• Like 2

:: wanderbound ::

Level 2 Gryffindor half-elf assassin & rider in The Wild Hunt

STR: 4 |  DEX: 2  |  STA: 2  |  CON: 0  |  WIS: 4  |  CHA: 1 

..... current (2nd) challenge! ..... epic quest! .....

“When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better, too.†― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

if you want to get something just because you like the way it looks, thats all that matters. its your body, your ink, get whatever the hell you want. this song is one of my favorites, and also sums up how I feel about tattoos in general. it was also the inspiration for a part of one of my tattoos (which I had decided to be a rose for my grandfather before I even heard the song)

I don't have any tattoos (yet) but I do have eight holes in my ears -- the last one I got was to celebrate coming through a tough time period, and it was the hardest piercing I've ever had to heal.   I got that one (a rook piercing) done in July of 2013, and as of March 2015 it finally seems to be healed enough to support a jewelry change.   I knew it was a long-term healing piercing because the cartilage is so thick, but oh my god I thought it would never end...

I've been thinking about getting a snug and rook on my right ear to balance my industrial in my left. my industrial took about a year to heal, and still occasionally gets sore, but I think thats more from sleeping on it and wearing headphones. and my hair likes to randomly twist around my bar right under the top ball which is a hassle to unwind sometimes. any tips for a rook? or anything I should consider about it? (other than the healing time)

My Epic Quest

Follow me on Duolingo

I have two regular earlobe piercings on each lobe, and a helix on my right ear. I've had the helix for a little under a year, and it's just now getting to the point where it doesn't hurt all the time. It only hurts now if I sleep on it funny. For which I am very grateful... man, it hurt for so long. :P

I'd love to get some ink eventually, too, but I'm a lot like you, WillToPower, I have to find THE ONE before I spend the money and pain to make it a permanent fixture of my body. :P I have several designs floating around my head, I just can't decide whether I'd be happy with them long term.

I just caught up but couldn't see most of the pictures. I'll try to remember to post mine when I get home! I used to have a nose piercing, removed for military service, and I have 3 tattoos and no ideas for more even though I do want more. Peacock (=renewal) from right hip then up across my back and ending on my left side, directly underneath are lyrics in Icelandic (in the artist's handwriting) that translate to "The best thing God has created is a new day", and the album cover/name (  ) on the front of my left hip area

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

This is actually 2 tattoos.  The first was incorporated into it. Can you guess what was already there and what was added?

DTOM-Final.png

This is so I'll never lose my way (in a very nerdy way)

Stargate-Final.jpg

This is a tribute to a childhood memory with my mom.  I just got it a few weeks ago - I'm showing it to her tomorrow :)

Dancing-Final.jpg

• Like 3

Level 6 Satedan Assassin

DFTBA!

This is so I'll never lose my way (in a very nerdy way)....

AHH!  Is that the SG-1 dialing code for earth?!  FREAKING AWESOME!  The others are lovely too, but that one made me squee!!!

• Like 4

“When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better, too.†― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

That is Earth's address indeed (Teal'c pun intended) :)

Oh man, I love love love it.   Excellent choice!!

• Like 1

I love tattoos..I don't have as many as I want (cause, you know, money) but I have a few: a Phoenix, guitar (it was my first one and is all torn up and mangy now), geisha, the Little Dipper (Hubbs has the big dips), a bow and arrow, matching bows on my chest..and I have piercings- my

Septum, nips, and tongue..I keep thinking that one of these days I should get my ears pierced

🌀🌀💣

That is Earth's address indeed (Teal'c pun intended) :)

Oh man, I love love love it.   Excellent choice!!

• Like 1