Forums are back in action! ×

ELEVEN WEEKS = FIFTY TWO POUNDS!!!

I have been avoiding the scale, but I finally stepped on it after I went and bought some new clothes today.  HOLY COW EXCITED!  *I took the first picture my first day joining NF, after my first attempt at the BBWC in a 2XL shirt and shorts that won't even stay up on me anymore., 2nd one was just minutes ago, in a regular large shirt and size 36 waste jeans.

IMG_20131201_144029_340_zps539b4ea0.jpg

IMG_20140217_244235_044_zps5914c544.jpg

• Like 9

I haven't made a goal, I have made a lifestyle change.

I am not where I want to be, but I am closer than I was yesterday.

It was hard to make changes at first, I will never go back.

The only person that was standing in my way was me.

Now that I have gotten out of my way, nothing can stop me!

Level 4: Burger-Flipping Ass Kicking Ogre Ranger:  STR:7 DEX:8 STA:11 CON:2 WIS:5 CHA:12

Challenges -(1),(2),(3), Current

OK, whatcha do, how yah do it?

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I ate 99.99999% Paleo, had some great help earlier on in my journey from fellow rebels (I wasn't eating anywhere NEAR enough at the start, once I did the weight just started falling off).

Did the BBWC 3 days a week, and did interval training the other 3 days (with a full day of rest of course!)

About week 7 I finally got lucky and scored a weight set of craigslist for a measly 50 bucks, and immediately started lifting, which pushed me passed a plateau I was at.

So, essentially, I followed the guides laid out in NF, stuck to my guns, and exercised the right way.   I'm pretty excited to see what I can do!

• Like 6

Level 4: Burger-Flipping Ass Kicking Ogre Ranger:  STR:7 DEX:8 STA:11 CON:2 WIS:5 CHA:12

That's awesome Goofyfoot! What was the calorie change (before and after levels)? I'm starting a very similar plan as to what you did (almost all paleo, 3 lifting days, 3 HIIT days) and am reading various things for caloric intake.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Before I was eating one big meal a day at mickey d's, and then I would drink soda all day *probably around 1800 calories or so*  and right now I am eating about 3000 calories a day

• Like 1

Absolutley freaking awesome man! For sure copying your routine for my next challenge wow just wow.. you gave me the motovation I needed this week great job. Can I ask what your starting weight was?

• Like 1

Level: 2 Half Orc Class: Adventurer  STR: 3 DEX: 3 STA: 3 CON: 3 WIS: 2 CHA: 1

My Daily Battle

"Do or do not, there is no try" - Yoda

You will never be free until you free yourself from the prison of your own false thoughts.

My starting weight was 312 pounds, and I just recently tipped the scales at 260.  Over halfway to my target weight of 210. :D

• Like 3

My starting weight was 312 pounds, and I just recently tipped the scales at 260.  Over halfway to my target weight of 210. :D

Man that is great! Really a motivator for me, I was at least 315 pounds in Dec 2012 (I say at least cause when I saw 315 at the Dr. I quit checking)  got down to 275 last year and fell of the wagon. Joined NF at 295 now 273 this place rocks! And my goal weight is very close to yours (195 I'm only 5'10" so I think that's good). I'm going to add you on here if that's cool? And I love your sig. I really need to adopt that way of thinking.

• Like 1

Level: 2 Half Orc Class: Adventurer  STR: 3 DEX: 3 STA: 3 CON: 3 WIS: 2 CHA: 1

My Daily Battle

"Do or do not, there is no try" - Yoda

You will never be free until you free yourself from the prison of your own false thoughts.