Forums are back in action! ×

Ladywildross, you are hands down awesome!

Doing push-ups every day… wow. 

Congratulations on the re-alignment in your lower cervical spine - I just love stories about healing that don't involve surgery. 

You're an inspiration, and reading your woot thread is a huge encouragement to stick to the plan. Thank you for sharing!

• Like 1

FLUCTUAT  NEC  MERGITUR

FUELED BY PALEO

well, because of that quidditch pushup game, I have continued with my pushups.

I did 51 counter pushups in a row...then realized I needed 9 more for my daily offering - and finished the 60!

I can do 10 knee pushups every other day prettty regularly...that 1 standard is still quite shaky...but, it's coming.

And, without a boot on my left foot - I walked almost 2 miles (over several hours) yesterday...the strength is coming back.

And - I'm doing ART again...

Posted Image

next up - spelling!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

I am the proud owner of two PINK 5# kettle bells! With the compromise in one cervical disc, I need to start very low... but my warrior husband has given me the go ahead to on up! Color me excited! I LOVE kettle bells!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Adventurer by choice

KETTLEBELLS <3

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

I was going to talk about my wall pushups pr on the glass wall over looking the ocean, here:

Posted Image

But then, I realized that yesterday, I earned my first fitbit 10,000 step walk! And today, I was at 8000!

I'm getting my move on!

• Like 3

Adventurer by choice

I just realized that less than 6 weeks ago I wad in a boot for a broken bone in my foot and strained tendon.

What's the point?

I WALKED TWO MILES STRAIGHT TODAY! I'm back on my way to a 5k... the last one wad the day I hurt my foot!

• Like 3

Adventurer by choice

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Your hoofing all the way to Kingdom Come.  :onthego:

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

This may not sound like much, but I have been traveling for a week, and with these two, and another two Grandbabies, walking and twisting and lifTing. .. and with all the pains I go to bed with, I wake up able to go again the next day. I used to Live on pain pills. ..not any more. I used to sit and wish I could play, today I have done overhead presses with one, tickle twists with another, and carrying all at one time or another. I thank God for functional fitness!

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 2

Adventurer by choice

New woots - June 19, 2014

about two months ago, I was in a boot for broken bone and sprained tendon in my left foot.

Today - 

I WALKED 2.47 MILES - IN 57:29 MINUTES!

The past weeks - I've been working up from 1 mile...and if I had eaten breakfast before I went out - I may have finished a 5k.

In addition to the increased distance(endurance) I am also rehabbing my right hip - I have realized that my right foot tend to want to flip in, and pull my hip to the inside - which in years past has put strain on my IT band - which has exacerbated my lower back issues.  By taking the time to pay attention to my foot - keeping it forward, and under my hip, opening up the hip toward the outside, I have almost eliminated ALL of the hip pain that has kept me immobilized for YEARS!  I'm not going to need any more injections!

I know that not too many folks look at this...but I hope that those that do are inspired to tackle their own pains by research, and putting in the time and energy.

I know that not all pains can be eliminated by exercise - I will be having neck surgery at some point - but, exercise prepares the body for surgery and helps to heal the body from surgery and can help medications work better in our bodies.

Just DO it!

• Like 7

Adventurer by choice

New woots - June 19, 2014

about two months ago, I was in a boot for broken bone and sprained tendon in my left foot.

Today - 

I WALKED 2.47 MILES - IN 57:29 MINUTES!

The past weeks - I've been working up from 1 mile...and if I had eaten breakfast before I went out - I may have finished a 5k.

In addition to the increased distance(endurance) I am also rehabbing my right hip - I have realized that my right foot tend to want to flip in, and pull my hip to the inside - which in years past has put strain on my IT band - which has exacerbated my lower back issues.  By taking the time to pay attention to my foot - keeping it forward, and under my hip, opening up the hip toward the outside, I have almost eliminated ALL of the hip pain that has kept me immobilized for YEARS!  I'm not going to need any more injections!

I know that not too many folks look at this...but I hope that those that do are inspired to tackle their own pains by research, and putting in the time and energy.

I know that not all pains can be eliminated by exercise - I will be having neck surgery at some point - but, exercise prepares the body for surgery and helps to heal the body from surgery and can help medications work better in our bodies.

Just DO it!

that's awesome!!! 

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

The real woot! is not the result itself, like weight, fat%. 

The real woot is you are improving daily life, and mind at work to keep pushing to better yourself.

Congrats.

• Like 2

Racquet wielding rock gnome: Ranger - L6 - STR: 13, DEX: 8, STA: 13.5, CON: 12, WIS: 14, CHA: 11

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition…
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.†– Steve Jobs, Stanford University, 2005

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take. -- Wayne Gretzky

6Wks Challenges: #9, #8, #7, #6, #5#4#3, #2.5#2, #1

Match records MyFitnesspal Fitbit Runtastic Strava

Dear sister, you have done miracles on your own body. You are amazing!

5km woot, carrying grandies woot, fixing hip problem woot. 

You are Awesome.

• Like 1