Forums are back in action! ×

I can't believe it: full push ups

After years of not feeling good about my (lack of) athletic ability, and of feeling like shit because I couldn't do full push ups in gym class, I have just done 3 reps of 10 full push ups during BBWW for the first time. They're a little shallow, but goddamnit they're the real deal. I was so happy when I did it that I burst into tears and am still crying. Finishing my workout while crying happy tears is really cathartic.

I've been doing BBWW every other day consistently sonce January 12th. It took me a month and a half to get here. If my gym teachers and classmates all those years ago had been supportive rather than making me feel incapable, years of self esteem issues might have been lessened or avoided. If push ups are a thing elementary school kids are expected to do, then train them to do it, because apparently it doesn't necessarily take that much.

I'm so fucking proud of myself right now.

• Like 6

Great work! Next stop, one armed push ups!! ;)

• Like 1

Level 1 - assassin

STR: 3, DEX: 2, STA: 2, CON: 2, WIS: 3, CHA: 3

Current Challenge: maenumania learns the secrets of spiderman

Battle Log: We are the hero of our story!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge Archive: #1 - Let's kill those rats and spider!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember nothing is true.
Where other men are limited, by morality or law, remember everything is permitted.
We work in the dark to serve the light. We are the Assassins.

Woot!  That is awesome!  Keep it up and you will be doing pull-ups in no time.   You make a fantastic point about they way they go about fitness in school.  I never even tried because they made other people feel like shit when they weren't in the top 10% of the best performing students.  I am so fucking proud of you too :)

• Like 2

- Level 0 - Mountain Troll -

STR| DEX0| STA0| CON| WIS| CHA0

Starting Weight 293 - Current Weight 291

My Current Challenge

My Epic Quest

"Has it ever struck you that there’s a thin man inside every fat man, just as they say there’s a statue inside every block of stone?" - From Coming up for Air  (George Orwell) 1939

This is fantastic!! I don't even remember the last time I tried full push-ups. You are officially a badass in my book.

• Like 1

Aisha
Half-Giant Warrior, Level 5

STR: 7 || DEX: 6 || STA: 8 || CON: 7.5 || WIS: 12.5 || CHA: 5

Challenges: 5 4 3 2 1

If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time.

But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine,

then let us work together. -Lilla Watson

In the Navy - in 1978 - the women did knee pushups - women's pushups. Other than that, I had never done pushups.

Because of some of these PvP's I'm learning...I know that pushups aren't the simple drop down and do 'em kind of thing...at least notfor us women...we have to build those muscles that guys seem to get naturally - BUT WE CAN DO IT!

My standard is pretty shallow - but I'm getting more and more counter pushups added on top of themselves...I can't even imagine the handstands and one armed pushups that you are talking about - but your WOOT gives me the inspiration - do it, do it - do it - and it will happen.

I'm looking foward to your handstand woots, too!

Thanks for the inspiration @Twilight!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice