Forums are back in action! ×

Wardrobe Miscalculations

It wasn't a wardrobe malfunction but I've been driving to work in my light gray and bright orange Vibrams and then changing into brown shoes.  Got to the parking lot yesterday and reached over for my brown shoes and they were not there.  Instead they were in my kitchen at home.  sThe staffing agency only allow tennis shoes on Fridays and will send you home if you are not in compliance with the dress code.  I managed to see 3 people who could have sent me home but no one said anything.

I don't think I'll drive to work in my Vibrams for a while.  It's hard to stay at your desk all day!

Anyone else have a wardrobe miscalculation to share - grabbed the wrong piece of clothing in a rush, etc?

Check out my still-fighting-it-battle-log 

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

The only real mishaps I have had was thinking I had packed my shoes in my gym bag and finding out I was wrong. All it made me do was have to run in my work boots instead. I am sure many people have done similar things as well.

What we are born with, we must make our own
Or it remains a mere appurtenance.
-Faust

Packing my "nice clothes" for a trip and then putting them on to find they don't fit! Which was a woohoo moment because they were too big and an oh crap moment because I had nothing else!

I know that feeling. I packed my stuff once to go home and packed the wrong pair of pants to go with my dress shirt. While most saw khaki and said oh that is nice. My cargo light khakis are far from my chino dark khakis. Not to mention they were too big for me anyways.

• Like 1

What we are born with, we must make our own
Or it remains a mere appurtenance.
-Faust

:hopelessness:

Worst miscalculation I've committed is forgetting to pack a regular bra to change into after a morning workout. Got out of the shower at the gym, frantically dug through my bag... It's happened twice in the past 2 years. First time, home was 5 minutes away so no problem. Second time, home was out of reach but luckily I'd packed a work shirt that hid the sports bra! 

• Like 1

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

brought everything but clean underwear to do a quick shower and change- and no towel. It was like the worst pre-planned idea I ever had.

leaving sports bras socks and shoes is the worst. 

I've driven to work in my boots of flip flops and realized I had a nice dress on and no shoes- I keep spare everything at work now b/c of it. 

Worst I think was a dance gig- and I forgot a skirt- I had one set for one performance- but not for the second- so embarrassed.

I got one of the nerd fitness shirts and put it on to go to the gym. Only to find out it's completely transparent under the bright lights they have there.. 

LEVEL 3 Human Scout - obsessive smiley user 

"That's the best part, the outside is new, but now it reflects what's already in you" - Legally blonde the musical

Haha! I've done that! :D I went a whole day at work once and only noticed when I was locking up to go home that I had mis-matched shoes. Thankfully no one else noticed. Or at least, I don't think they did..... :o

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Was finding my brown buckle-up shoes for school one day (private Anglican school), but picked up my huge, lace-up hiking boots instead.

They were way more comfortable, anyway, and nobody seemed to notice, so I took it as a win in the end... I mean, the school uniform requirements only listed 'brown' and 'lace-up or buckles'...

Still not sure 'hiking boots' was what they meant to go with the stockings, checkered skirt and blouse, though.

Previous challenges:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

This morning I got out of the shower at the gym, opened my bag, and found that my jeans weren't there. *sigh* back into stinky workout shorts, drive 25 minutes home, then the 35 minutes to work. So much for being in early this morning!

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

My usual one is not realising how short a skirt is. It's not such a problem now I work in an office where everyone wears mini-dresses and opaque tights, but was a bit of a problem when I used to work in an office full of guys.

I drive and walk into work from a parking lot almost 2/10 of a mile away- so I wear flats/boots then change when I get here. and I often don't realize how short something is till I put the wedges on and realize that while the dress is cute in flats/boots- it's wildly unacceptable at work in 4" wedges.

gets weird at meetings.

the weight gain isnt' helping- filling things out and making them much shorter. humph. 

Oh God! Epic wardrobe miscalculation in progress!

I'm wearing a long, belted jumper, it comes down to about mid-upper thigh and I'd normally team it up with a pair of skinny jeans. Well today is a bit miserable so I decided to wear a new pair of thick cabled leggings under the jumper instead (coz they're super soft and cosy).

Walking through the high street I caught sight of myself in a shop window. My bloody coat is the same length as my jumper. Not a problem normally coz I'd be wearing jeans but today... Oh no!

My legging just look like thick tights and it now it looks like I've forgotten to put on my skirt! :o

Crap! I still have to go to the supermarket before I can go home to change. Ugh! Walk of shame...

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I play touch rugby at work 1 lunch-time a week, one time I forgot to pack my base layer shorts, but I just thought that it'd be fine until I pulled on the rugby shorts I'd brought and realised they had a rather short cut....I tried to avoid doing much sliding/diving during the match...

I also once forgot my studs so thought I could play in trainers. I slid around like a crazy fool!

• Like 1

Oh God! Epic wardrobe miscalculation in progress!

I'm wearing a long, belted jumper, it comes down to about mid-upper thigh and I'd normally team it up with a pair of skinny jeans. Well today is a bit miserable so I decided to wear a new pair of thick cabled leggings under the jumper instead (coz they're super soft and cosy).

Walking through the high street I caught sight of myself in a shop window. My bloody coat is the same length as my jumper. Not a problem normally coz I'd be wearing jeans but today... Oh no!

My legging just look like thick tights and it now it looks like I've forgotten to put on my skirt! :o

Crap! I still have to go to the supermarket before I can go home to change. Ugh! Walk of shame...

I've done that- I don't' care- they don't need to know. ;) It happens. You'll live!

My issue is tights = cling. jeans not as bad.

So I'd take said coat off- and wind up with a skirt/dress clinging to my thighs/butt 10" higher than it's supposed to be. 

I've realized I had mismatched shoes on...as I was running on the treadmill wondering why my strides didn't sound right. 

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker