Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smile today?

How do you verify? By registering. The same way anyone gets verified to vote.  Talk to Oregon, they seem to have figured it out pretty easily. 

"Oregon will mail a ballot to any citizen with a driver's license"

Sounds like you need an ID there too.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

... ok, no-one has EVER said you don't need ID.  Like, ever. Why does that keep coming up in discussions?

That's the main issue here in the U.S. regarding voting, a big argument you hear against it is that requiring I.D. is racist because poor people who wouldn't be able to get an ID are predominately black.

I initially brought up the ID thing, in the first post about voting.

Y'know, our founding fathers may have been on to something when they put restrictions on who could choose our leaders

I'm a fan of the idea of having to own property. Period... end of sentence, before anyone tries to take that and turn it into white people that own property.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Just to address one small problem with that... so nobody who lives in an apartment, townhome, condominium, strata, mobile home or co-op would be allowed to vote?  Nobody who rents a home or property would be allowed to vote? No-one who still has a mortgage would be allowed to vote?

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Just to address one small problem with that... so nobody who lives in an apartment, townhome, condominium, strata, mobile home or co-op would be allowed to vote?  Nobody who rents a home or property would be allowed to vote? No-one who still has a mortgage would be allowed to vote?

If you rent from someone, no... you don't truly have a vested interest in that land. If things go south you can just up and leave without much of a punishment. Mortgage would be considered owning since you can't just up and leave without taking a major financial blow.

Owning land is like owning stock, you have a small piece of a bigger object and you'd want that bigger object to do better and increase the value on your chunk.

My first challenge

If you rent from someone, no... you don't truly have a vested interest in that land. If things go south you can just up and leave without much of a punishment. Mortgage would be considered owning since you can't just up and leave without taking a major financial blow.

Owning land is like owning stock, you have a small piece of a bigger object and you'd want that bigger object to do better and increase the value on your chunk.

So it's not the land that's important, it's the debt.  A sufficiently large debt to the government or bank would suffice.

So it's not the land that's important, it's the debt.  A sufficiently large debt to the government or bank would suffice.

No, having a stake in the country's success. You can own land outright and have no debt.

Renting, you don't truly have a stake since you can just up and move.

To prevent further derailment we can go to another thread, or PMs.

My first challenge

Follow me on snapchat or instagram @ catintherack

Squat: 115kg

Bench: 77.5kg

Deadlift: 130kg

Total: 322.5kg

Weight: 68kg

My mother sent me a text message today :) She's never had a cell phone before and her first messages were to me and my big brother :D She lives on the other side of the country and with my work schedule being really wacky for being able to talk to anyone on the phone the fact that I can text her is kind of epic :D

Also I woke up to my cat climbing up into my bed for the sole purpose of flopping against me for snuggles ^_~

One of the people in my office was kidnapped, stuck on a plane, and FORCED (possibly at gunpoint) to drink copious amounts of alcohol at sporting events all weekend.

He's a little... tender, today. :D

• Like 1

My daughter returned to MMA.  There has been a lot of emotional turmoil lately, and she quit it rather spectacularly a couple weeks ago...

... but tonight, she came back, talked to her former-friend current-enemy now-friend-again, and we discussed motivation and self-determination and how everyone has that voice in the back of their head that says you suck and you can't do anything right, and how everyone has ways, their own super special secret ways, to punch that voice in the crotch.

• Like 3

I am attending a "Friendly together"-event by the Finnish Assosiation for Mental Health.

A group of people meet, and see what's going to come of it - basically that's all I know of it.

I don't know what is going to happen, but at least it's guaranteed to be something different :)

• Like 2

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

Douglas Hofstadter: "Which statement seems more true: (1) I have a brain. (2) I am a brain."

I DON'T KNOW!

I am a brain.... It's the brain that's thinking it, and it's the brain that's sending the commands to say it... so the brain is vocalizing by taking control of a creature.

• Like 1

My first challenge