Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smile today?

I was texting the bf today and since it's less than two weeks (yippee!) until I get the all clear from the surgeon, <-positive thinking in action, I was thinking about my plans for recovery.

There's a waiting list to get approved as a member of the gym here and it can take a few months before there's room for any more members so I thought "why not put my name down now so that I get approved in time". I floated this to the bf and got this back -

Don't try to run or deadlift before you can walk.

The man thinks he's a comedian. 

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I woke up indoors, in one piece, and had enough to eat.  Not thinking up anything else real smiley today.  Still, it's a start.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

5 minutes ago, RandMart said:

A friend of mine used to say "Alive is a great way to start the day. Take it from there"

He passed away very suddenly in 2009

19766984980_954bd9c2f9.jpg

Does the shirt say "What would Pre do?"

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

3 hours ago, RandMart said:

The supreme narcissistic attention seeking media whore Mike Rossi.

If he has two feet and a heart beat, does he has the makings of a Presidetial candidate? ;)

I shouldn't make fun, our country can't even vote in a Govt, after elections..........

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/election-2016-does-australia-even-need-a-government-20160704-gpy3vp.html

Wait! What............?

5 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

If he has two feet and a heart beat, does he has the makings of a Presidetial candidate? ;)

I shouldn't make fun, our country can't even vote in a Govt, after elections..........

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/election-2016-does-australia-even-need-a-government-20160704-gpy3vp.html

Hahaha! Better than our country where people don't bother to vote but then throw a hissy fit and petition to have another fucking referendum so they can vote this time! Or say "I didn't understand what I was voting for". It's a fucking yes/no decision. Fuckwits. 

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

So I'm working in a flea market right now. Think a bunch of garages under one roof with people selling things.

A lady was walking down the aisle pushing a stroller with her,  I'm assuming, her son. He was sticking his leg out trying to touch things as they passed, amd she was keeping him away while giving him a hard time, in a playful manner.

So as he passed me, I stuck my foot out and gave him a foot to foot low five...his grin went from ear to ear. :-)

• Like 5

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Lol. Isn't voting mandatory in Australia?  In my country we're lucky to get half the voters to turn up at the polls, because they're too busy whining about the options to make a choice.  And then the people they elect sit on their hands and refuse to legislate because the bills before them aren't EXACTLY what they wanted to sign.  Help, my democracy is run by toddlers.

• Like 1

Oh wow, look at that! I can upload videos with tapatalk too. Woohoo! :D

Here is the scrotum stealing my snack bar. It was just too cute, I had to let her.

https://vimeo.com/174029323

Hands up who tilted their head to try and see under the tunnel? :P

• Like 1

Flipping through magazines at the supermarket on my lunch break.  The greeting cards are right across the aisle.  A woman and man stood nearby, loudly gossiping.  Apparently they now have same-sex wedding congratulation cards for sale, and the woman was telling all about a friend of hers who had a boyfriend, broke up, fell off the radar for a while, then came back with a ring on her finger.  She'd gotten married ... to a girl.

• Like 2

I had a really great moment yesterday. It was the final two days of our master's degree, so to celebrate, the program gives us two days of physical education/adventure camp in the woods-- kind of an educational reward for everything we've done over the past year and a half. Anyway, my husband came to pick me up, and the professor asked that he stay for a few hours to help us play a particular sport with which he has a lot of experience. The thing is, I was so scared to tell my classmates that he was my husband! I had no idea what to say. I mean, we wear identical rings and enough people in the program know we're gay that probably everyone knows, but it was bizarre. I honestly didn't think I had any internalized fear/shame until that moment.

One of the women in the program had brought her husband and young kids for the weekend. When her 4 year old asked who the new person was, my husband went over, kneeled down, shook her hand, and said, "Hi there! My name is ____, and I'm ____'s friend. It's very nice to meet you!"

The mom leaned over and said to her daughter, "Sweetheart, no. This is not his friend, it's his husband. And they're two of the happiest, most loving people you will ever meet. You're very lucky to know them."

My heart melted. I was so scared-- I had no idea what to do-- and then she just obliterated it with an outpouring of love and acceptance and-- Ugh! YES!!!

• Like 5

@Kage this is awesome! :love_heart: 

My bf has three kids and son no. 2 is a little "theatrical" and dramatic, he also shows no interest in girls.  Neither of these things necessarily mean ANYTHING but we were talking and my bf said "I do have concerns for him..." 

At this point my hackles rose and I reprimanded him "Wrong choice of words there darling" (the "darling" bit wasn't friendly in the least), but he responded with:

"I do have concerns for him. It's not as if I'm going to love him any less or feel embarrassed of him or anything if it turns out that he's gay, but I have concerns about how the rest of the world will treat him. Like it or not, anyone who is "different" will always considered to be weird by the majority. You don't need to be gay for that to happen but gay people still face discrimination and have a hard time. Obviously I don't want my son to go through that." 

Consider me  told off! 

I wish that there were more people in the world like your lady friend. Hopefully our children will face less discrimination when they grow up. Regardless of any orientation, sexual, religious, anything. 

• Like 4

New Netflix show of four good friends who decided to share a flat. We follow our heroes through their everyday life, from finding a new job, dealing with the ill-bred collage kids from next door as well and overcoming there inner demons like PTSD, Aquaphobia, depression (based on unrealistic beauty standards) and the constant feeling of not fitting in. Come with us and meet Dracula, Freddy, Vader and Jason in the Nightbours.

481+-+animated+Darth_Vader+Dracula+Fredd
  • Like 3
On July 10, 2016 at 7:29 PM, Kage said:

I had a really great moment yesterday. It was the final two days of our master's degree, so to celebrate, the program gives us two days of physical education/adventure camp in the woods-- kind of an educational reward for everything we've done over the past year and a half. Anyway, my husband came to pick me up, and the professor asked that he stay for a few hours to help us play a particular sport with which he has a lot of experience. The thing is, I was so scared to tell my classmates that he was my husband! I had no idea what to say. I mean, we wear identical rings and enough people in the program know we're gay that probably everyone knows, but it was bizarre. I honestly didn't think I had any internalized fear/shame until that moment.

One of the women in the program had brought her husband and young kids for the weekend. When her 4 year old asked who the new person was, my husband went over, kneeled down, shook her hand, and said, "Hi there! My name is ____, and I'm ____'s friend. It's very nice to meet you!"

The mom leaned over and said to her daughter, "Sweetheart, no. This is not his friend, it's his husband. And they're two of the happiest, most loving people you will ever meet. You're very lucky to know them."

My heart melted. I was so scared-- I had no idea what to do-- and then she just obliterated it with an outpouring of love and acceptance and-- Ugh! YES!!!

Wow that is so lovely! It made me smile, too!!

• Like 2

I found out this evening that I passed my licensing exam to be a  PTA! I haven't stopped grinning yet. 

Also, the bike shop down the road from my  job has Wednesday night no-drop group cycles, and the super nice owner invited me to join them when I pick up my (newly tuned up) bike next Wednesday! I feel so happy. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, x Valkyrie x said:

Also, the bike shop down the road from my  job has Wednesday night no-drop group cycles, and the super nice owner invited me to join them when I pick up my (newly tuned up) bike next Wednesday! I feel so happy. 

I think the saying "You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike – and that's pretty close" goes for buying bike parts too :)

3 hours ago, Bearded_Dragon said:

I have that same fridge! 

Well...not the same one, that would be a difficult sharing situation...

What! With the drawings and everything!!! Wowzers! :D 

• Like 1