Forums are back in action! ×

So i decided to give this a go after finding out about NF sometime around in October.

At the moment I am 71 kg at 173 cm, which is mediocre at best I guess. My main problem is that I keep yo-yo dieting. I lost a ton of weight before christmas, only to regain it until march after effing about majorly (even though I was exercising like crazy I was also eating a lot of sweets). Which is my main issue as I believe I am a sugar-addict. I have been going on and off sugar, sometimes being able to completely resist anything that has processed sugar from white bread to proper treats for weeks (usually thats when I lose weight) until some holiday that I decide to let loose. and then it all goes downhill from there since I kinda get reminded of how good fatty food tastes.

so anyway, at the moment I have been off sugary stuff for a good 5 -6 days (until today which I had a couple of flapjacks; couldnt resist.... T___T).

but in anycase joining the forums has been on my mind for a few days and I wanted to go at it when I had the time. I have heard that joining an online community helps so....thats what I am doing I guess.

I am a major gym freak, I work out a lot so I can provide *some* advice I guess based on what I have read around. But I am here to learn too.

Diet-wise, when I am not binging on empty calories, its a 80/20 paleo diet with the 20% percent being Greek fat-free strained yoghurt and the minimal milk one puts in their coffee (one cup a day strictly).

So, thats all I guess. Nice to meet ya all !

• Like 6

So glad that you took the first step and joined the forums. You have come to a fabulous place that I have no doubt will help you achieve those goals.  :)

Sugar addict, yeah, I get that. Mine would be in the form of chocolate and Starbuck's, lol. And some of your fellow Brigade members are also fighting the sugar monsters this challenge. So you are not alone.

Big greek yogurt fan myself!

You can do this magma! :triumphant:

• Like 1

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

So glad that you took the first step and joined the forums. You have come to a fabulous place that I have no doubt will help you achieve those goals.  :)

Sugar addict, yeah, I get that. Mine would be in the form of chocolate and Starbuck's, lol. And some of your fellow Brigade members are also fighting the sugar monsters this challenge. So you are not alone.

Big greek yogurt fan myself!

You can do this magma! :triumphant:

greek yoghurt is awesome, its a blessing of sorts that there's sth that tastes that good that can be so nutritiously healthy as well. It has always been my saving grace, kinda like "at least I can STILL have that with no guilt", lol

• Like 1

greek yoghurt is awesome, its a blessing of sorts that there's sth that tastes that good that can be so nutritiously healthy as well. It has always been my saving grace, kinda like "at least I can STILL have that with no guilt", lol

Lol, yeah pretty much exactly how I feel about it too.  ;)

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

I love chocolate and cakes and biscuits.  YUM YUM!

Luckily I am a calorie counter so I can have them, just in super small portions.

It is tougher when you say a total no, my brain is a rebel-douche-canoe, and doesn't like being told what to do!

M x

Xanjra - Level 3 - Human

STR - 1 / DEX - 1 / STA - 8 / CON - 9 / WIS - 6 / CHA - 4

Challenge - 1 (Rebel) Challenge - 2 (Adventurer) Challenge - 3 (Adventurer)

Spoiler

Battle Log 2014

UK Support Group

Long Term Goals Support

'Rule #1 - Cardio.  Zombies lead a very active life style; so should you.'  Zombieland.

Sugar is definitely a killer. I never thought I was addicted to anything untill I stood back and noticed how much junk I put in my body, but at least you already like working out, that's something in your favor, just need to get the diet to stick.

• Like 1

Life Level 0 Half Orc

Exp to Next Level

0%
0%

Fit Level 0 Adventurer

| STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 |

Upcoming Challange: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/48060-allen-titan-less-allen-more-titan/

"They need something to look up to. Having something nice to look at is just a bonus"

I love chocolate and cakes and biscuits.  YUM YUM!

Luckily I am a calorie counter so I can have them, just in super small portions.

It is tougher when you say a total no, my brain is a rebel-douche-canoe, and doesn't like being told what to do!

M x

that never works for me, it feels like a tease, y know ? i count calories too, not as frantically as i used to, but exactly because of my (eff'd up) mentality when it comes to sugar my mind goes blank and i dont even bother.

so i find its better to just stay away from it completely than give myself a bit every week, for example, as it feels that the reward is much greater that way.  both when you have them (eventually) and when you dont.....

Sugar is definitely a killer. I never thought I was addicted to anything untill I stood back and noticed how much junk I put in my body, but at least you already like working out, that's something in your favor, just need to get the diet to stick.

i know, man. are you off it completely or do you allow yourself a treat every once in a while ?

Sadly I'm just starting. I'm already going threw withdraws and bargaining (What's the harm in a couple packs of Twizzlers?)

The thing I did try and cut out is Soda. I doubt the juice and stuff I'm using as a replacement are to much better but I drink probably about 8 liters of soda a month, that's how I found out I'm a bit addicted since I can't even remember the last time I drank plain water.

• Like 1

Life Level 0 Half Orc

Exp to Next Level

0%
0%

Fit Level 0 Adventurer

Upcoming Challange: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/48060-allen-titan-less-allen-more-titan/

"They need something to look up to. Having something nice to look at is just a bonus"

If you are looking to cut completely, might I suggest you find a healthy substitute 'feel good' treat?

Perhaps a certain fruit you like?

Or maybe an activity, download yourself a sudoku app and do a quick puzzle or two every time you crave sweets?

When I quit smoking I turned to knitting.  It worked.  Although you might not feel very manly doing it!

M x

• Like 1

Xanjra - Level 3 - Human

STR - 1 / DEX - 1 / STA - 8 / CON - 9 / WIS - 6 / CHA - 4

Challenge - 1 (Rebel) Challenge - 2 (Adventurer) Challenge - 3 (Adventurer)

Spoiler

Battle Log 2014

UK Support Group

Long Term Goals Support

'Rule #1 - Cardio.  Zombies lead a very active life style; so should you.'  Zombieland.

If you are looking to cut completely, might I suggest you find a healthy substitute 'feel good' treat?

Or maybe an activity, download yourself a sudoku app and do a quick puzzle or two every time you crave sweets?

When I quit smoking I turned to knitting.  It worked.  Although you might not feel very manly doing it!

M x

Hah, knitting is actually a part of the long long long long LONG list of stuff I wanna do that men "Shouldn't" (I'm going to be a body building belly dancer some day just you watch >:U ) There is an orange juice at the grocery store by my house that is 100% freshly squeezed, it's really sweet, but it's all fruit sugar which may not be that different but it gets me threw sugar cravings that I would normally grab gummy candies for. I also have an almond milk my friend suggested that tastes like melted icecream and I end up doing whatever I saw for the day, for example my brother was playing assassin's creed Black Flag so I said I'm a Pirate now and started climbing stuff and another friend challenged me to Just Dance 4 (That game KICKED MY ASS) I guess it's easier to ignore if I'm not staying still for to long.

• Like 1

Life Level 0 Half Orc

Exp to Next Level

0%
0%

Fit Level 0 Adventurer

M x

the problem is usually the first few weeks. after i get through that first slope (about 3 weeks), the urges go away...... its a matter of psychology though as well as peer pressure. mainly from relatives and my parents. so for instance, i was off sugar completely for 12 weeks then christmas holidays arrive, i return to my parent's house to spend the holidays with them and my mother has made a mountain of mince pies, christmas cake etc etc etc. it kinda is hard to resist when they are shoved in front of you and when you feel like its a tradition to overindulge.

still that wouldnt be much of an issue since the holidays are actually only 2 weeks long. the problem was going back to healthy eating. i havent managed to keep away for like 5 months now (!). i do stop for a few weeks when things just go out of control, drop a few pounds until the next holiday and then i m back to destroying myself.

i m just seriously thinking of cutting completely and not allowing myself having anything even during holidays. i guess its the only way.

Hah, knitting is actually a part of the long long long long LONG list of stuff I wanna do that men "Shouldn't" (I'm going to be a body building belly dancer some day just you watch >:U ) There is an orange juice at the grocery store by my house that is 100% freshly squeezed, it's really sweet, but it's all fruit sugar which may not be that different but it gets me threw sugar cravings that I would normally grab gummy candies for. I also have an almond milk my friend suggested that tastes like melted icecream and I end up doing whatever I saw for the day, for example my brother was playing assassin's creed Black Flag so I said I'm a Pirate now and started climbing stuff and another friend challenged me to Just Dance 4 (That game KICKED MY ASS) I guess it's easier to ignore if I'm not staying still for to long.

i m not into knitting, like i said i do have stuff to keep me occupied. sometimes reaching for LOADS of sweets works as an escape from work-related stress; if i eat a lot, i feel sleepy and then i have an excuse to stop working :P. i know the theory but battling these issues practically isnt very easy.......

if its 100% freshly squized then it shouldnt be THAT sweet..... but regardless, i have had almond milk before but i m not such a big fan. maybe i should try it again though, its meant to be a low-calorie alternative.....