Forums are back in action! ×

"You are carrying too much to be able to run"

ã¿ã‚“ãªã•ã‚“ã€ã“ã‚“ã«ã¡ã¯ï¼

I'm a 28 year old mom of two who's still carrying around that baby weight, hovering right around 160 pounds with little to no muscle strength.  We live in Japan right now, the land of effortlessly thin people, and after the third person in two weeks asked me if I'm pregnant (and rubbed my stomach!!), I decided to jump back on the wagon.  I was heading to all the normal websites, full of hot jocks with the bodies of the Schwarzenegger, when I randomly decided to search for body weight exercises.  And fate did arrange for us to meet.  Nerd Fitness was one of my top results, and it was love at first sight.  I can do this without trying to join a Japanese gym?  I can do what I enjoy and leave what I don't?  Steve is a Boston fan?  The site is run by nerds so it actually looks good?  Normal people can get fit, too?

I'm all in.  But not in my typical gung-ho-two-week-blast-before-failure-way.  After spending hours in the depths of the site, I feel genuinely prepared to make a life change, one small quest at a time, for good.  How exciting is that?

A little about me:

• The Elder Scrolls are my game of choice.  I never thought I liked video games until my husband begged convinced me to buy a PS3 and Elder Scrolls.  Come to think of it, that's about the time I gained all that weight...
  • I grew up thinking that milkshakes were a normal part of everyone's balanced breakfast.
  • I've lived in Japan for a total of 2 years and 9 months now.  My youngest was born here.  I love it.
  • Chocolate is my downfall.
  • I asked my 5 year old daughter what she would do if she ever got lost.  She told me, "I would call to the Gundam and I would hop inside him so he could bring me back to you."  Winning.
  • Like 2

Well meet sarabamanda,

I'm pretty new here myself (about three weeks), though have been reading the blog's for a couple months.

Everybody has been warm and welcoming to me, so I thought I would pass the sentiment along! 

I encourage you to check out the Level 1 Rebels thread (newbies) and consider joining the new challenge that starts in a couple of weeks. You can check out other people's stories and their goals, hoping giving you some ideas.

Looking forward to seeing your journey.

Peter

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

aw man elder scrolls is so awesome! lol i actually started a bit of a routine where every time i fast travel i have to do some kind of bodyweight exercise for a set or two :D. might as well, not much going on during those loading screens.

you should also check out the help section. lots of great info and advice for starting out.

• Like 1

Welcome!!  I dread that message in Skyrim.  It usually means I need to go sell some stuff.

I'm one of the ambassadors on the site - so if you have questions, please let me know.  You can post them here or email me (the envelope at the upper right of the page). 

We're all nerds here.  And I'm a mom of a great 24-y.o. grad student .... and I'm getting back in shape AGAIN.  But for good this time.  Look around and have fun getting healthy!!

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Haha, not at all, I'll totally admit that I feel super cool living here.  (But first, reala728, that is a great idea for filling fast travel time!)  (And Chris Tien-Jinn, I ALWAYS forget where to sell my stuff!)

Japan is such an incredible mix of old and new, traditional and progressive.  Just last month we had the sakura season, and during cherry-blossom viewing picnics we'd watch older generations dance in their traditional garb, and the next second Spiderman or an entire cosplay guild would sit down next to us.  And it all just flows together to make Japan.  I haven't made my way down to Harajuku on a Sunday night yet, but my 3 and 5 year old daughters are dying to go in some of their own costumes.

I just started my Daily Battle Log here, so feel free to join me over there as well!  Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!

• Like 3

ignore them!!

I am still like 80ish pounds overweight and I run ;)

you can do it!!

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

You're closer to Tokyo, yes? I'm up in Misawa-shi and we had our Sakura Festival in Hirosaki at the end of April. It's weird finding another person wandering around Japan here! It's Awesome! I live in a small farming town, so I really don't know a lot about the cities here. Been to Tokyo once so far and it was... different... But then again, the guy I went with was really into the Shinjuku area and I totally was not after the third American catcalled me.

So do you live in the city and what's it like?

Level 1 Half Dwarf Adventurer

Stats: 10 points to use (Yes, I'm an Exp hoarder)

"Cut through the heart, cold and clear... Strike for love and strike for fear... There's beauty and there's danger here...Split the ice apart...
Beware the frozen heart"

-"Frozen Heart" from the Movie "Frozen"

Wow, you are way up there!  We're not technically within the city limits, but we're just across the Edo-gawa.  There are pros and cons... It is definitely a pro to be within an hour of an Outback Steakhouse, for when we really just need American food.  On the other hand, I really, really miss grass.  The city is full and busy, but knowing how safe and clean (most of) it is makes me a more pleasant experience than the few times I've been to cities in the States.  We've been where we are for nearly 2 years now, though, and I think I can safely say that I'm ready to move back to the country.  Quiet is underrated.