Forums are back in action! ×

Perhaps A Strange Kind of Woot

Okay, so I'm not gonna say much. And I'd appreciate it if you didn't ask questions, because it's still a bit hard to talk about, but today I celebrate. Why? Two years ago was when I almost decided to take my own life and didn't. Two years ago to the day. And that was also the day that I found my faith in God.

I've been growing ever since then. At first it was mostly recovery (as much as I could from what had happened) but a little more than a year ago the recovery switched wholly into pure personal growth. Today, I am stronger (emotionally, mentally, and spiritually) than I have every been. I would say that my personality is the most developed that it has ever been and I am the most confident that I have ever been in my life. (for one, a year ago at the one year anniversary, I would've never done something like this)

So... Woot :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  ;)

If anyone ever feels like they want to take their own life and they're here reading this, then I beg you not to. It doesn't fix anything. It is the hottest fires that will forge the strongest steels, and you can come out of the state you're in right now stronger than you could ever imagine. It happened to me and it's happened to some of my friends. Please. Decided to live.

• Like 7

Aegon

Race: Half-Elf Class: Adventurer Level:STR: 1 DEX: 2 STA: 1 CON: 1 WIS: 2 CHA: 3

Height: 5'11" Weight: 155.7 Lbs Body Fat: 17%

Check Out My Campaign Log

Current Quests:

1) Get to 145 Lbs (from 162.4 Lbs)

Current: 155.7 Lbs

38.50%
38.50%

(Updated: July 8th, 2014)

Current Challenge:

Starting My First Quest!

Mario Kart Bodyweight League

I haven't tried, but there are alternate universes where I wouldn't be here... if things had gone just a little bit wrong.

For me, in your woot there is a world of inspiration and courage and beauty and...

I have no words, but I want you to know that... Yeah, I guess you know :)

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker