Forums are back in action! ×

cn3wton, Battle log of Ages

Things have been continuing on in a fairly good pace. I am starting to settle into better habits and feeling really good about the direction my nutrition is taking!

• Like 4

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Things have been progressing slowly. Working with a coach on my diet and exercise and keeping apositive outlook. Just keep working i guess.

• Like 3

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

On 10/19/2017 at 12:38 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Good to see you around again!

Trying to at least check in some!

I went to the gym at 5am this morning. Feel pretty good! Get it done before work and go on with my day. Also noticed that all of the regulars from 5am are in good shape. I don't think thats a coincidence. if you can come to the 5 am class every morning youve gotta have pretty decent  commitment!

• Like 4

Found you! Good to see you on the forums again :) 

• Like 1

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Journey to the Mountain of Knowledge - Chapter One: A Pocketful of hope (current challenge)

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30 A Bold New Year   Rhovaniel forges herself anew 

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

Another quick update today.

Got up at 4am to go to the gym, hit snooze a bunch because still sore from the last few days workouts. Woke up and made it jsut in time to get there at 5:30. Currently working out with someone who is paying for personal training. She was my partner in our failed nutrition challenge, and was kind enough to let me jump in. I see that it also benefits her, as she has a tendency to wander off and get unfocused during training. 

The workouts are pretty good, she had knee surgery a few months ago and can't do the classes. Just like my knee suregery over 10 years ago. So its helping me build that strength back up and get some good cardio in.

Nutrition, I wont sugar coat it, is shit. I have the drive to go back to the gym again. But I just can't make myself eat better. I know how to fix it, I have to actually prep again. But I keep wasting time on Shadows Of War. Don't get me wrong its a good game and I don't want to do something crazy like never play games again. But I need to get my self control back with that stuff.

My new job is going amazing. Just had another review and raise yesterday, which feels great! Said I am doing a great job and to keep it up. So happy with that aspect of my life.

In general a lot of my good habits are returning, so I'm staying optimistic. I just need to not be a dumb shit and eat better.

I have been running D&D for some friends (who are new to the game) and playing in a weekly game. So I am still getting personal time to do "fun" things, which is great. Which has got me thinking. I would love to try and get a small adventure together and every so often, maybe like once or so a month I could get some of us together for a game of D&D on roll20? Just a 2-3 hour affair, would be an awesome oppurtinity for us all to talk! So if anybodys interested let me know. It's going to be a while for me to set up (never used roll20 before) and it wont be a super long fleshed out campaign (unless we just want to run a pre established campaign). But more of a series of fun dungeon crawls with no big overaching theme except loot and good times. Let me know if your interested!

• Like 5

I would love to join your roll20 group, but I think the time zone difference would be highly impractical.

• Like 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

On 10/28/2017 at 1:51 AM, WhiteGhost said:

I would love to join your roll20 group, but I think the time zone difference would be highly impractical.

On 10/29/2017 at 6:14 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

This^

I'm somewhat familiar with roll20 though, so feel free to ask for help or tips.

If its like once a month I don't mind being up at like 1 am if it means I get to hang out with you guys!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, cn3wton said:

If its like once a month I don't mind being up at like 1 am if it means I get to hang out with you guys!

If you are serious about it, I could be available between 10am-1pm (New York time) most days

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

16 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

If you are serious about it, I could be available between 10am-1pm (New York time) most days

I live in New York, is that where you live?  It would have to be a weekend for that as I work during the day. We should see if we can get a few more people involved! I've never done anything with Roll 20 but i can do my best!

1 hour ago, cn3wton said:

I live in New York, is that where you live?  It would have to be a weekend for that as I work during the day. We should see if we can get a few more people involved! I've never done anything with Roll 20 but i can do my best!

No, I live in Beijing. I just used NY time as a reference because it is exactly 12 hours off from me so it is easy to calculate the time difference :)

• Like 2

Level 2 Ninja

20 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

No, I live in Beijing. I just used NY time as a reference because it is exactly 12 hours off from me so it is easy to calculate the time difference :)

Beijing! That's awesome! I am working on switching one of my groups to roll 20 so I will probably reuse the stuff from there. Once I get closer to being ready to run it I will def make a post trying to get people together who are interested!

Gym was a killer this morning, nearly vomited and have had a headdache all day. Definitely pushed it a bit too hard today...

• Like 1

Not much good progress this past weekend. My grandfather tragically passed away in an accident in the woods this past friday. Everything has kind of been put on hold the last few days...

• Sad 2

Thanks everyone. It's been quite a rough week or two. He lived a full life and passed doing what he loved, but its still been pretty tough. As expected working out and diet has been a secondary thought since all this went down.

• Like 1

Whats this place? Huh.

So here I am again. Quite a bit has changed since my last post. Figured I'd just jot it down here and see where we go. I'm not looking for a big to do. I've tried that, and it always just ends with me feeling obligated to do things. Something I just don't handle well apparently.

The loss of my grandfather was a big change in my life. I have moved into the apartment attached to my grandmothers garage, keeping an eye on her and helping her as much as I can. 

Since my last post I lost my furniture engineering job, which was something that really sucked. I loved that job and the people I worked with. Good news is I now work at another furniture company, doing work that I love EVEN MORE than what I was doing before. So that's a great plus!

I continue to struggle with getting my ass back into the gym. But for the last 2 weeks I have made a solid effort. In no small part to the awesome owner of the gym and the friends I have made there. After a friend started crossfit recently; a friend who it should be noted has never worked out a day in his life and was 360 pounds; kicked my ass in a workout I realized I have no more excuses. I have to get back. So I did, going every day last week and every day I can this week.

I also got a puppy! He is now about 6months old. A wiemaraner named Ryker. He's definitely changed my life in more ways that I can explain in a short synopsis of my current life state. I am certain to speak more about that in the future.

So here I am. Not quite sure what I am going to do or say. As much as I would like to have all these grand plans I need to take it slow, and actually stick with it. The support here always has been a great influence in my life fitness wise. I hope to get back to that level some day. But honestly, I am not in a rush. I love where my life is right now, and as long as I continue steadily towards my fitness goals it will only continue to get better.

• Like 7

The once-ranger walked the path, kicking stick and stone with shuffling feet. Miles away from camp. The air hung heavy, a storm brewing not far away. But this did not bother the man one bit. His teeth shine from within his scraggly in a large grin. With every step his body ached for rest, pleading for a moments reprieve. He was not here for himself, but for another.

He let loose a long piercing whistle. Brush began to quiver and shake, erupting with a dark gray flash. Crouching down with arms opened wide the blur slammed into the mans chest. Assaulted by a barrage of licks to his face he could not help but laugh. He seized the sides of his eager companions head between his scruffy hands, gazing into his eyes. Hind quarters swinging wide despite the animals front end being held firm. Reaching his scarred right hand into a pouch he produced a scrap of chicken. Movement ceased. Light amber eyes focused intently on their prize. The man chuckled and presented the treat, along with a "Good boy" and generous pat on the rump.

Waving the dog away with a chuckle, the loyal beast rushed once again off the beaten path. Sniffing the ground as he went. The man found it fascinating. He had lived his life relying on his eyes to navigate; his furred friend's nose had brought a new appreciation of the world. Often he would get down on all fours and sniff what the dog had found. Rarely did he find this hidden treasure as appealing as it was to his companion. But the excitement this elicited was enough for the man.

The rain began to fall, striking the trees above, showering uncovered areas with a cascade of chill water. Cautiously the dog approached one such opening. Ears back with body held low, sniffing. Without pause the man strode into the torrent, laughing and raising hands to the sky. Sitting now, the canines head tilted to one side. Surely thinking that his master had lost his mind, but trusting him completely. The dog broke into the curtain of rain to join him. Tail wagging as he circled excitedly around the man.

"Good boy" said the once-ranger, stooping low to scratch behind the ears. This was a reminder to the man. His companion, still a pup, looked to him for guidance. Recoiling from the rain would have ensured a life long caution, or even worse, fear of it in the dog. Over the past months the man had learned just how closely his new charge watched him. Holding himself in certain ways would telegraph feelings to the dog. It was a primal form of communication that fascinated him. 

A renewed respect of nature had welled up in the mans chest. Being deep in the wood with the dog brought more joy to him than any drink or game found in all the taverns of the world. Moving to the trunk of a large tree he sat, watching as his companion playfully pranced through the puddles along the path. 

He was content, he was happy. 

• Like 3