Forums are back in action! ×

Hi :) Technophobe looking for advice

Hi all.

I came here looking for info on the Paleo Diet and found that great introductory article, so dug a bit further and signed up.

My main first aim is to adjust my diet practically so that I can lose some weight round my gut, and trim the man boobs a bit too, whilst also eating enough to repair my mid-30's body from resistance training (3 sets per body part as part of a 1 on, 2 off routine), and keep it fueled for yoga practice for around twice per week also.

At the moment my typical daily diet consists of:

Breakfast

1 x tin of Ocean rise sardines for breakfast

1 x 200g mixed nuts & raisins

Lunch

1 x Chicken & Bacon cob/bap

Tea

2 x Egg or Bacon or Banana Sandwhiches

Supper

2 x Egg or Bacon or Banana Sandwhiches

Snacks

Raw Broccoli

Mini Chocolate Bar

Sunday lunch always consiasts of a full Sunday Roast (Chicken/Beff, Mashed Potatoes, Runner Beans, Roast Potatoes, Yorkshire Pud, Gravey, Carrots, Brussels)

I was wondering if anyone could help with this, and essentially help me build a practical daily diet? (e.g. whatever I eat in the morning has to be instantly avaialble)

I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the guild stuff and a lot of stuff on here in general, but at the same time very intruiged by it too. Where do I go from here?

Your daily diet is looking a bit slim, but if you are happy with eating light all week and feasting on Sunday, you probably don't need a major adjustment.  Maybe add more variety, especially with the veggies.

If you like cold hard-boiled eggs, they can be prepared ahead of time for grab-and-go breakfasts.  It's awesome that one of your breakfast meals is a tin of sardines.  One of my favorite breakfasts is leftover supper.  Part of that is knowing how much you like to eat, and perhaps packing it for the next day when you serve yourself dinner.

• Like 1

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

You might want to replace some of those sandwiches with meat and veggies perhaps?  A bit less bread and a few more green things.... ^_^

I love hard boiled eggs for breakfast too, I make them in batches.  I'll do soy or miso marinade to give them some flavor.  Add fresh fruit and done!

As for what to do next, you can make some goals and join the next 6 week challenge (it starts the 15th, I believe!) with the level 1 rebels.  You'll meet people from various guilds (ambassadors and the like) as you go through the process and hopefully by the end you'll have leveled up your fitness and figured out what path you'd like to take, guild-wise!

• Like 1

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Your daily diet is looking a bit slim, but if you are happy with eating light all week and feasting on Sunday, you probably don't need a major adjustment.  Maybe add more variety, especially with the veggies.

If you like cold hard-boiled eggs, they can be prepared ahead of time for grab-and-go breakfasts.  It's awesome that one of your breakfast meals is a tin of sardines.  One of my favorite breakfasts is leftover supper.  Part of that is knowing how much you like to eat, and perhaps packing it for the next day when you serve yourself dinner.

Brilliant, thanks! :) It's things like hard boiled eggs which totally slip my mind, I love the things too lol. Thanks with the sardines too, I thrive on them them, but it stinks the office out a bit so others do complain lol.

I'm not exercising at the mo, other than doing the odd yoga routine a few times a week, so will probably add to it if I start training again.

You might want to replace some of those sandwiches with meat and veggies perhaps?  A bit less bread and a few more green things.... ^_^

I love hard boiled eggs for breakfast too, I make them in batches.  I'll do soy or miso marinade to give them some flavor.  Add fresh fruit and done!

As for what to do next, you can make some goals and join the next 6 week challenge (it starts the 15th, I believe!) with the level 1 rebels.  You'll meet people from various guilds (ambassadors and the like) as you go through the process and hopefully by the end you'll have leveled up your fitness and figured out what path you'd like to take, guild-wise!

Nice on, thanks :) I thrive on the raw broccoli as a snack, so may get some raw carrots and suchlike.  Eggs are definitely going on the menu!

Those small tweaks make a difference already.

Breakfast

Lunch

Tea

4 x Hard Boiled Eggs + Veg & Fruit

Supper

Fruit an/or beef+vegetable soup

And thanks for the guild tips. I've no idea how it all works, but I'm sure I'll find out!

Brilliant, thanks! :) It's things like hard boiled eggs which totally slip my mind, I love the things too lol. Thanks with the sardines too, I thrive on them them, but it stinks the office out a bit so others do complain lol.

I'm not exercising at the mo, other than doing the odd yoga routine a few times a week, so will probably add to it if I start training again.

Nice on, thanks :) I thrive on the raw broccoli as a snack, so may get some raw carrots and suchlike.  Eggs are definitely going on the menu!

Those small tweaks make a difference already.

Breakfast

Lunch

Tea

4 x Hard Boiled Eggs + Veg & Fruit

Supper

Fruit an/or beef+vegetable soup

And thanks for the guild tips. I've no idea how it all works, but I'm sure I'll find out!

Awesome, seems like you're doing great!

I think the guilds are best explained here, but in a nutshell:

• Warriors focus primarily on strength training, usually with weights
  • Scouts focus primarily on endurance sports (running, biking, swimming, etc)
  • Rangers value strength and endurance about equally (there are a lot of cross-fitters)
  • Assassins are primarily into bodyweight training; areas of focus may include circus arts, parkour, dance, climbing... the list goes on
  • Monks focus primarily on the martial arts
  • Druids focus primarily on mind/body disciplines such as yoga or tai chi
  • Adventurers are fitness newbies or people with a lot of varied interests.  Many people in this guild focus on dietary goals as well

So, in a nutshell, you complete your first challenge in the Level 1 Rebels group.  The next one starts on Monday and the boards should be up soon!  Ambassadors from various guilds will visit your thread to offer help and advice and you'll meet lots of newbies, too!  By the end of the challenge, you will graduate as a level 2 to whatever guild strikes your fancy.  You get to set your own goals, of course, so you pick how easy or difficult your challenge will be!  There's more info on level 1 challenges here.

If you ever want to chat about any of this in more detail, you're always free to shoot me a PM!  I'd love to help. ^_^

• Like 1

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Awesome, seems like you're doing great!

I think the guilds are best explained here, but in a nutshell:

• Warriors focus primarily on strength training, usually with weights
  • Scouts focus primarily on endurance sports (running, biking, swimming, etc)
  • Rangers value strength and endurance about equally (there are a lot of cross-fitters)
  • Assassins are primarily into bodyweight training; areas of focus may include circus arts, parkour, dance, climbing... the list goes on
  • Monks focus primarily on the martial arts
  • Druids focus primarily on mind/body disciplines such as yoga or tai chi
  • Adventurers are fitness newbies or people with a lot of varied interests.  Many people in this guild focus on dietary goals as well

So, in a nutshell, you complete your first challenge in the Level 1 Rebels group.  The next one starts on Monday and the boards should be up soon!  Ambassadors from various guilds will visit your thread to offer help and advice and you'll meet lots of newbies, too!  By the end of the challenge, you will graduate as a level 2 to whatever guild strikes your fancy.  You get to set your own goals, of course, so you pick how easy or difficult your challenge will be!  There's more info on level 1 challenges here.

If you ever want to chat about any of this in more detail, you're always free to shoot me a PM!  I'd love to help. ^_^

Brilliant and thanks for the explanation :) I wasn't aware than any of this even existed :lol:

From those descriptions sounds as if I'd drop into the "Druid" bracket, possibly a bit of Warrior & Monk but we'll see! :)

Good luck!  The new challenge cycle is up, so you can go and set your challenge up right here. ^_^.  If you mention in your challenge thread that you're interested in the Druids, one of their ambassadors will come by and give you lots more information!

?current challenge?

instagram | goodreads