Forums are back in action! ×

Your Favorite, Guilty, Holiday Treats

Cookies. Give meh all your damn cookies and no one gets hurt. I've never met a cookie that I didn't like, although most cookies don't reciprocate the sentiment. 

• Like 2

"Being split in two halves is no theory with me, Doctor. I have a human half, you see, as well as an alien half, submerged, constantly at war with each other. Personal experience, Doctor. I survive it because my intelligence wins out over both, makes them live together." -- S'chn T'gai Spock 

New Year's is coming, and I am NOT READY.

My weaknesses:

Homemade apple dumplings...

6906_1316963439_0.jpg

Pryaniki.....

prya.jpg

Not to mention the boxes upon boxes of this stuff.......................

zurich-half-day-tour-including-the-lindt

And that's all after the five courses that will likely come before..............

THERE IS NOT ENOUGH ZUMBA ON THE PLANET.

• Like 3

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Ugh, oh, oh, oh, and little French bread open-faced "sandwiches" with butter and red caviar:

sandwich-with-red-caviar.jpg

I could eat these like candy.

• Like 2

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Oh god Maaya all those damn treats look amazing!  Homemade dumplings?!!  YES!!

• Like 1

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Oh god Maaya all those damn treats look amazing!  Homemade dumplings?!!  YES!!

We have this family friend in her 70s who's been making them on the same old family recipe for, you know, twice as long as I've been alive.  And everyone has tried to duplicate her recipe, but the results are not ever comparable.  But every big holiday party, she comes with THREE OR FOUR TRAYS OF APPLE DUMPLINGS.  And in the past I have been known to devour half a dozen in one sitting.

Ughhhhhhhhh I want one.  Or six.

• Like 2

?current challenge?

instagram | goodreads

Egg nog, alcoholic or non-alcoholic - it doesn't matter as long as it has eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and powdered sugar. I used to make my own, but it started to become an every day habit sooooo.... *sigh*. I <3 Eggnog. I need a sweater that says that.

• Like 1

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

Pecan pie - must be made with Lyle's Golden Syrup and bourbon

Homemade marshmallows (as amazing as the store bought ones are gross) dipped in dark chocolate and sprinkled with crushed candy canes

My mother's Bailey's balls (a tweaked rum ball recipie with Irish cream instead of rum)

A new discovery this year: eggnog pie

Thank goodness most of the sweets are now gone from my house!

• Like 1

Pecan pie - must be made with Lyle's Golden Syrup and bourbon

Homemade marshmallows (as amazing as the store bought ones are gross) dipped in dark chocolate and sprinkled with crushed candy canes

My mother's Bailey's balls (a tweaked rum ball recipie with Irish cream instead of rum)

A new discovery this year: eggnog pie

Thank goodness most of the sweets are now gone from my house!

What is that deliciously unholy concoction?!  eGGNOG... + pie!?

Spoiler

---

---

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Btw: Hosting a new years game/movie party tomorrow...which means coquito take two!  I do not have coconut rum...I could not find the right one anywhere...so Tweaking the recipe and using Don Q Cristol!

Spoiler

---

---

---

What is that deliciously unholy concoction?!  eGGNOG... + pie!?

Crazy, right? Basically it's vanilla pudding made with the pie filling directions, add nutmeg and substitute eggnog for milk. Pour into a grahm cracker pie crust and refrigerate for a few hours. It is amazingly good. I did use the light eggnog and it was plenty rich. Definitely not clean nor paleo, but sooooooo good.

• Like 1

Crazy, right? Basically it's vanilla pudding made with the pie filling directions, add nutmeg and substitute eggnog for milk. Pour into a grahm cracker pie crust and refrigerate for a few hours. It is amazingly good. I did use the light eggnog and it was plenty rich. Definitely not clean nor paleo, but sooooooo good.

So.  I have this crazy notion of replacing eggnog with coquito to make basically an coconut eggnog pie and top it with ground cinnamon and toasted coconut flakes (Weirdly, I don't like coconut flakes.  Odd texture to me.  But would make a fancy looking topping).

• Like 1

Spoiler

---

---

---

So.  I have this crazy notion of replacing eggnog with coquito to make basically an coconut eggnog pie and top it with ground cinnamon and toasted coconut flakes (Weirdly, I don't like coconut flakes.  Odd texture to me.  But would make a fancy looking topping).

Mmmmmmmm. If you do make it, let me know how it turns out. I would devour it, but unfortunately Mr. Trembriele hates coconut.

• Like 1