Forums are back in action! ×

feeling sexy and free

Ok ..... as per my new challenge starting on the 5th I have chosen my Side quest "To feel sexy and free" - to be honest I am not even sure what this entails, But ...  driving home the other day Jessie J was on the radio and the opening lyrics were "I'm feeling sexy and free" .... now I want to feel sexy and free, but;

(A) I dont know what it involves

( B) - there is no B because it keeps turning into a smiley :mad-new: oh and C becomes © and D is a happy face

(E) I dont even know if its possible for a man to feel sexy and free; free seems to be a word that gets bounded around by the female of the species, so perhaps its a woman thing ? ..... either way .... side quest is to figure out how to feel sexy and free ... and to achieve it !

Anyone got any ideas on what the feck feeling "free" or "sexy" would entail .... for a straight vanilla man ???

Ladies, Men - feel free to give me your opinions on how you might achieve this, because I am at a complete loss other than the overwhelming desire to feel sexy AND free ... I dont know what I want, but I know I want it !

Human | Ranger

Level 3 | STR: 8 | DEX: 2 | STA: 8 | CON: 5 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 7

Current Challenge / Second Challenge, /  My First Challenge

Sexy is easy, imo.  Look in the mirror.  Do you like what you see?  If you like what you see, boom, you've got sexy covered.  

Free is a little more abstract.  For me, free means having time and money, and people to share it with.  That's one major reason I'm involved in the business that I am.  I want my freedom.  That being said, "free" could mean something totally different to you.  It's really a personal thing.  

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Sexy is easy, imo.  Look in the mirror.  Do you like what you see?  If you like what you see, boom, you've got sexy covered.  

Free is a little more abstract.  For me, free means having time and money, and people to share it with.  That's one major reason I'm involved in the business that I am.  I want my freedom.  That being said, "free" could mean something totally different to you.  It's really a personal thing.  

Gotta second Oramac on the sexy deal.  Look in the mirror, strike a pose, some pose you feel makes you look good too.  Power poses or even doing silly 'sexy' poses help my confidence, even when I'm not in my 'I Look AWESOME' mood.  As a woman, buying some risqué dresses and feeling like I look hot in them helps too.

I tend to feel free when I can travel or go on a vacation somewhere not...not home.  The farther away, the more free I tend to feel.  It can be uncomfortable after a while (I am a bit of a homebody), and requires time + money, but for that while that I am gone, its' nice.  Skiing (SUCCESSFULLY) helps with that free feeling (adding adrelanine can do that too).

• Like 1

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

For sexy you must feel confidence in yourself, you must love yourself and don't be afraid to show others how much you do. If you don't than fake it until you make it
For free...hm...it very subjective, I think that to be free you have to have full control over your life. Yeah, I know, sounds like paradox, but think about it. If you are only one that have control of what happens to you, of what will you do, are you not free? Become boss of your life, start to be more organized and less lazy :)

• Like 1

Nice input, thanks nerds .... I might possibly manage sexy in 6 weeks once I have undone the Christmas damage

Going to really struggle with free though .... 1x 3 year old daughter and a job with more red tape than the government .... Liking the organised and not lazy approach

• Like 1

Human | Ranger

For sexy, wear a suit, or dress shirt with a tie. OMG that's sexy... Well groomed is the other thing. 

For free, give yourself permission to do something you have been putting off.  Learn a skill, pursue a hobby, hike, take pictures, smiling at small things, etc.  You don't need money, just confidence.

• Like 1

Level 9 Tiefling Ranger/Scout

STR 9 DEX 16 CON 15 INT 10 WIS 13

Current challenge

Mordor: Hobbiton -> Rivendell (238/458 miles)

Water advice  Join the Circus!

hmmmm, just came across this quote from the dude that wrote dont sweat the small stuff

...when you let go of your expectations, when you accept life as it is, you're free.To hold on is to be serious and uptight. To let go is to lighten up.â€

• Like 1

Human | Ranger

i feel like being "sexy and free" comes down to just being yourself. it sounds dumb, and i dont think it's something you can do all day every day. more like, finding that thing that just pulls you out of the bullshit in your life and lets you be you. for me this is drumming (particularly on stage in front of an audience with my band). sitting there smashing away, completely lost in the moment. i dont give two shits how i look, its all about riding that wave of adrenaline and dopamine.  

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

I know many have used the word before me in this thread, but I think that sexy and free are sides of the same coin... CONFIDENCE.

One does not have to have a 6 pack ab (guys) or be a supermodel (girls) to be sexy. Sexy can be in the confidence one shows to others (at least that is how I perceive it).

I feel like freedom it isn't about doing anything, but about doing anything you want within the limits that you have. I might not make a lot of sense, but there is a huge difference between both options. I mean, sure, life throws you a lot of random cards, but you play them by your rules. You have a 3 year old? true, that might limit some of your options in some respects but it also opens an infinite numbers of possibilities on how you want to handle your parenthood. You are most definitely free to decide how to be a kickass dad for your daughter, for example. Same with the job. It might suck, but you are working there of your own volition, maybe it's the money or the road you chose to pursue towards your ideal job or something, but it was your choice, and one you could change at any time (with consequences mind you, but the freedom is there). Just be more assertive about the choices you've made. Again... confidence.

If you are your own man's man, being confident in what you do without second guessing yourself... you can accomplish anything, and really isn't that what freedom is all about? 

• Like 1

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

Just came across this, realize it's been quiet for a while...

Sexy and free for a 41yo dad.  I was that once, I think.

Not sure what your relationship status is.  That plays a role in this.

But either way, get a night out without kids once a week or so, and realize that you will not attain your previous level of "free" until the kids are older

• Like 1

Working out regularly since November 2014.  Scoliosis with 100 degree curve in lower back reduces height from 6-4 to 6-1.  245 pounds

Working weights in pounds (7-10 reps)

Overhead press . 80

Bench press. . . 135

Squats . . . . . 185

Deadlift . . . . 295 (x5)

Lat pulldown . . 160

yeah ... its gone quiet ..... I am not feeling sexy and as for free ?? .... pfffffft.

I have effectively given up on the 1st challenge of the year .... I pulled a muscle in my right pec meaning, today was the first time I could work out since starting the challenge ... 2 1/2 weeks late.

So much for it all being about Power and speed .. I cant even run without it hurting  !!!!

so ... I have postponed the challenge until March ... instead I am concentrating on recovery

I "could" have kept on with the sexy and free ... but not being able to work out kinda killed my motivation somewhat so all my energy has been put into staying away from the Cheetos and Coke !

Respond in 3wks time !!!!

Human | Ranger

ow, being hurt sucks. hope you heal soon. In the meantime, you can focus on diet, even if you don't do exercises.

I'd say modify your goals and do a 3 week long mini challenge. No reason to abandon completely! 3 weeks (and half) is better than nothing. And it is enough (by their rules) to earn your level 1 and some stat points (if the gaming aspect motivates you) so not everything is lost. I hope you'll stay, but good luck regardless.

• Like 1

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft