Forums are back in action! ×

Out of the Ashes of Bad Decisions

You remember that scene in Harry Potter, when Fawkes the phoenix bursts into flame and then ends up looking like an awkward, featherless baby bird? Yeah, that's me. Scrawny, weak, and timid. Also with a lot of phoenix baby fat. 

Years ago I was healthy. I loved to exercise, and for about thirty seconds managed to get down to a perfectly respectable 105 pounds (I'm 4'10, so that was a good, average weight for me). But then I let life derail me. Work, school, boyfriends, delicious, delicious tacos and pizza. The usual.

I've reached that point where I can't take it anymore: the lack of fitness, the excess weight I've put on, the general feeling of ick. I lack energy when I used to be a tiny ball of unlimited energy. I eat crap (that french fry and cheese pizza vegetarian? That's me.) There's no good happening here. I just feel disconnected from my body, and it's reached the breaking point.

I tried to do the January 5th 6-week challenge and, well, let's just say that some things are best forgotten. Forgotten and buried in the desert where no amount of digging will unearth them. But I can't give up. I have to believe that I can figure this out. I have to believe that somewhere in those ashes lie the building blocks of who I was and who I can be again: the tiny terror who used to outrun all the guys in my division in the Navy, who would workout to near failure and leave the gym sweaty, smiling, and exhausted, who loved eating healthy because it was fuel (and delicious fuel, at that).

I will be that bad-ass again. Like rawr and sh*t.

• Like 3

STR 1::STA.5::DEX 0::WIS 1::CON 1::CHA 0

Previous challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/60781-the-wee-terror-heads-into-battle/

Sounds like you've ready to ignite your fire and rise from your ashes! For me sometimes the best motivation is to just put on my shoes and go to the gym. I Pick three days during the week and then just go, absolutely no excuses, and even if its only for 10 min, I just lace up my shoes and make myself head to the gym anyway. Then once I'm there I end up doing my workout anyway. It also helps for me to pre-plan my workouts, I keep them all in an old fashioned composition note book and keep it in my gym bag. 

There is ember that burns within us all, and you have the power to spark that flame and become the Phoenix you were born to be! I'll be taking part in the next 6 week challenge, hopefully you will be too I look forward to read all about your progress! Good luck & flame on! 

• Like 2

Half-Elf: Ranger/Assassin

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Old Battle Logs [2017] New Battle Log 2018: Reforged

DragonForging My Life: Epic Quests [Google D] Epic Quests [NF]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

Ryuu1011, I am queen of excuses. My goal to get around this is train myself to get up early and exercise before work so I can't talk myself out of it as the day goes on. Like you, getting there is the hardest part. Once I'm there I'm happy.

Rachtheweevil, just need to switch it up so it's baked sweet potato fries and homemade veggie pizza.

STR 1::STA.5::DEX 0::WIS 1::CON 1::CHA 0

Previous challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/60781-the-wee-terror-heads-into-battle/

Ryuu1011, I am queen of excuses. My goal to get around this is train myself to get up early and exercise before work so I can't talk myself out of it as the day goes on. Like you, getting there is the hardest part. Once I'm there I'm happy.

WordNerd42, I completely understand that. Another good motivational tool that I like to use is to get a 2015 calender (or print one out) and put an "X" over every day that you workout/ do some-kind of physical activity/ move slightly closer to your goal. The first "X" will feel awesome, the second like your actually making progress, and soon you'll amass a huge line of "X's" and its great for motivation! Plus don't worry if you slip up one day, just record your best "X" streak and then just work up to trying to beat it :) I've been doing that for the better part of 2 months now and it's very helpful. 

Half-Elf: Ranger/Assassin

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Old Battle Logs [2017] New Battle Log 2018: Reforged

DragonForging My Life: Epic Quests [Google D] Epic Quests [NF]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

Duuude, you can do it.  Your brain clearly knows it's time, so nothing left but to get back up and kick some ass!! :D

Whenever you feel like not working out or eating crappy crap (wow redundancy, ha), just remember the version of you that you are striving for and decide to do good for yourself instead!!!

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65