Forums are back in action! ×

Best Workout Excuses.

What is your best excuses not to work out?  I found mine last night and this morning.

I had been out of town on training.  Our dogs stay in a small room in the back of the house.  Someone was letting them out and feeding them for us.  She called and said one of the dogs had an accident and she cleaned it up.  Apparently between the time that she put them back up and getting home all three dogs had unholy explosive diarrhea.  With the Jack Russell, not to bad.  Small dog = small poo.  Two lab mixes, its is a problem.  The floor was so coated that when I let the dogs out, one lost traction and fell.  Thus becoming an impromptu canine mop.  And for the record, dogs don't make good mops.  So after scraping the poo from the floor and walls (yes your read walls, poo was on the walls up to knee high), washing the walls, mopping the floor multiple times, washing the dogs, and finally taking a shower, it was late getting to bed, maybe it was early I didn't care enough to look at a clock.  Lets just say I didn't get up to walk this morning.

PS Vicks Vapor rub under the nose does wonders for helping you clean up nasties.

• Like 3

LOL Wow, that sounds like quite the evening! Hope your dogs are feeling better, and I officially grant you a "Good Excuse" pass. Just remember, it's only good for one incident - after that, it's expired and you have to get right back to your regularly scheduled activities. ;)

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

From the thread title I thought this was going to be excuses TO work out, like Clark Kent. "Pardon me just a moment, I've got to go smack Zod. I mean, fetch a latte."

• Like 2

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

The heat in my car doesn't work so all throughout winter if there was too much frost on the outside AND inside of my windshield I wouldn't drive to the gym because I was afraid I'd hit something (or someone). 

And poor puppies. I hope they feel better!

"If you die, you die. A man must constantly exceed his level." - Bruce Lee

The best excuse I ever had for not going to the gym was when my upstairs neighbor cut off his thumb and I had to take him to the hospital. Though I suppose hauling a hysterical 18 year old male weighing about 180 lbs around probably counts for something.

• Like 2

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

The best excuse I ever had for not going to the gym was when my upstairs neighbor cut off his thumb and I had to take him to the hospital. Though I suppose hauling a hysterical 18 year old male weighing about 180 lbs around probably counts for something.

My Grandfather cut off his thumb and then drove himself to the hospital.  Not because he was alone, no, the other guy... the one that was uninjured was too shaken up to drive him.

• Like 2

Did I offer advice in my post?  Please keep the following in mind:

• I am not a doctor nor any other kind of medical professional.
  • I am not a lawyer.
  • I am not a mental health provider
  • I am not a nutritionist
  • Your mileage may vary
  • I don't do anything in moderation
  • I have lots of injuries & if you train like me, you probably will too.

My Grandfather cut off his thumb and then drove himself to the hospital.  Not because he was alone, no, the other guy... the one that was uninjured was too shaken up to drive him.

I even made the nurse pause in the hospital when I pulled the severed finger out of my bra. Long story short, it was the middle of a skin melting summer and I was wearing a sundress with no pockets. I have emergency first aid training and had prepped the finger properly, I just had nothing to carry it in. So yeah, signed my neightbor in and said 'oh wait, I still have the finger' and yanked it out of my bra.

• Like 4

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

Like a boss!

• Like 1

Did I offer advice in my post?  Please keep the following in mind:

• I am not a doctor nor any other kind of medical professional.
  • I am not a lawyer.
  • I am not a mental health provider
  • I am not a nutritionist
  • Your mileage may vary
  • I don't do anything in moderation
  • I have lots of injuries & if you train like me, you probably will too.

Waaaaaah, I bet that was the gossip of the week at the hospital! Those people see everything, but pulling someone else's severed body part from your bra is quite a doozy.

Did he get his thumb reattached?

Waaaaaah, I bet that was the gossip of the week at the hospital! Those people see everything, but pulling someone else's severed body part from your bra is quite a doozy.

Did he get his thumb reattached?

Yep. And he cracked jokes about how sad it was that he got a finger in my bra but it wasn't even attached to it anymore.

Yep. And he cracked jokes about how sad it was that he got a finger in my bra but it wasn't even attached to it anymore.

I would think getting your thumb cut off would be a lot sadder than that... the world is full of boobs but he only has two thumbs!

oh well, I suppose skewed priorities is probably how he got his thumb cut off in the first place.

• Like 1

I would think getting your thumb cut off would be a lot sadder than that... the world is full of boobs but he only has two thumbs!

oh well, I suppose skewed priorities is probably how he got his thumb cut off in the first place.

The jokes came after his finger was reattached.

My best excuse not to lift weights (back when I lifted with a group of friends)

"Sorry guys, girlfriend just texted saying she was horny. Gotta go take care of that." True excuse, though they thought I was lying haha. I did get a workout though :playful:

These are the ones I tend to be my "go-to" excuses.

"I'm too tired to workout." (Sometimes valid, but usually me lying to myself.)

"I have too much to do today." (Like watching Netflix...)

"I can workout tomorrow" (Usually followed by 2-3 weeks off from the gym.)

I've been pretty good with going and not using excuses though!

Starting: Weight 176lbs | Bodyfat ~19% | Current: Weight 184lbs | Bodyfat ~16.5% | Goal: Weight 190-200lbs | Bodyfat 6-10%

Level 2 Human Assassin

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3

First Challenge : Completed.

Second Challenge : In progress.

Tixnleeches Epic Quest (Life Goals) : In Progress

*walk in to teach fitness class*

Trainer of class before me: "Hey, how's it going?"

Me: "Not too bad.  I threw my back out on Sat."

Other trainer: "Oh my God!  Are you okay??"

Me: "Sure!  I just did 3 sets of my usual routine (pullups, pistol squats, pushups, reverse crunches) instead of 5 before class today."

Trainer: "But....why??  Shouldn't you be resting?  Do you need me to teach your class for you?"

Me: "Nah!  I'll be good!"

Not even letting injury slow me down.  I am icing it & taking meds & getting extra sleep, though, so I'm not totally clueless!  Just stubborn.  Very, very stubborn.

High Elf-Rakshasa Assassin | LVL 16 | STR: 18 | DEX: 11 | STA: 13 | CON: 6 | WIS: 18 | CHA: 19

Ha ha!  Some of these sound like valid excuses to me.  You need to go easy on yourself after cleaning up a room full of dog crap!  And yeah, anything to do with severed limbs, hospital visits, etc, are pretty good reasons not to work out!

My excuses used to be really poor:

• It's raining (I have a car and the gym is obviously an indoor activity!)
  • I don't have £1 for the locker (now keep one permanently in my gym bag)
  • There's something on telly I want to watch (isn't that what my Tivo is for?!)
  • I've just eaten/need to eat

All of those were used fairly regularly!  I'm getting better now though (most of time!).

*walk in to teach fitness class*

Trainer of class before me: "Hey, how's it going?"

Me: "Not too bad.  I threw my back out on Sat."

Other trainer: "Oh my God!  Are you okay??"

Me: "Sure!  I just did 3 sets of my usual routine (pullups, pistol squats, pushups, reverse crunches) instead of 5 before class today."

Trainer: "But....why??  Shouldn't you be resting?  Do you need me to teach your class for you?"

Me: "Nah!  I'll be good!"

Not even letting injury slow me down.  I am icing it & taking meds & getting extra sleep, though, so I'm not totally clueless!  Just stubborn.  Very, very stubborn.

This sounds exactly like me :P This year alone I've injured my back (quite severely, couldn't sleep for a few nights it was so bad), fallen off a horse and damaged my wrist and broken my nose, had various problems with my asthma, and have had a never ending cold. I've only taken one week off from the gym. My trainer thinks I'm mad, I had to promise him numerous times that I was making sure I took care of myself!!

I'm basically a walking injury so I'm used to it after 23 years ;)

level 1 half-elf (half-hobbit) adventurer.

(wannabe ranger).

full time awesome.

str 3 . dex 2 . sta 0 . con 2 . wis 0 . cha 1
challenges: 1