Forums are back in action! ×

NF Star Wars Fans (Force Awakens spoilers inside)

I do not want to see Hayden Christiansen in this movie.  I wanted to punch him every time he came on screen in the previous movies.  I don't know if the problem was acting or script, but the character came off to me as whiny, self centered, angsty, useless, incredibly stupid, and not even good looking.  Seriously, Hollywood, if you're going to have such a shitty character, he at least better be worth looking at.  Anakin just failed all the way around.  If they're going to insist on annoying me by putting him in the new movie, I hope they give him better dialogue.  And a haircut.

Maybe Anakin is better in "The Clone Wars," I wouldn't know.  Someone tell me if he is, so I can decide whether to spend time watching it?

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

I do not want to see Hayden Christiansen in this movie.  I wanted to punch him every time he came on screen in the previous movies.  I don't know if the problem was acting or script, but the character came off to me as whiny, self centered, angsty, useless, incredibly stupid, and not even good looking.  Seriously, Hollywood, if you're going to have such a shitty character, he at least better be worth looking at.  Anakin just failed all the way around.  If they're going to insist on annoying me by putting him in the new movie, I hope they give him better dialogue.  And a haircut.

Maybe Anakin is better in "The Clone Wars," I wouldn't know.  Someone tell me if he is, so I can decide whether to spend time watching it?

Was not a fan of Hayden Christiansens ANNIE either, it was like the great character he played in Life as a House carried over to the new Trilogy which IMHO was sad.  I thought he was great in Life as a House but turns our he is just a whiney teenager cast in one of the biggest roles ever.  The Anakin character in the Clone Wars was much better and more balanced.  Some of the episodes are kinda meh but the almost 3 seasons we watched have been pretty good.

The Reel Godfather, level 5 Ranger STR 10|DEX 7|STA 12|CON 12|WIS 8|CHA 6 My Respawn story

Waited until the little guy got up this morning and we watched it as a family 5 or 6 times plus the previous 2 a couple times.  I am pretty stoked.  We talked it over and decided to pull the trigger on our family Christmas gift and all go see the 7 movie marathon on the 17th.  Pretty excited about sharing them with the entire family on the big screen.

• Like 1

The Reel Godfather, level 5 Ranger STR 10|DEX 7|STA 12|CON 12|WIS 8|CHA 6 My Respawn story

I just bought 8 tickets. For the 16th. Yeah! It opens on the 16th in Norway! Now which 7 of my friends and family gets one? 

Luckily neither my brother nor sister can go then, so I can see it once more (at least) when I drive to town to pick up my sister from the airport.

Level 4 Human Assassin/Monk
Str 11 | Dex 10 | Sta 2 | Con 6 | Wis 8 | Cha 4
Intro - Challenges: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

They're really playing up the "join the legion" feel, I noticed that with the first trailer too.  The unspoken hint is: you, too, can be a Jedi.

I predict a large uptick in the attendance at real-life Jedi/Force temples and websites, with attendant Drama.

Got tickets for the 17th as well. Wanted to do the marathon, but buddy looked and said nobody near us was doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I think I peed myself a little when I saw the trailer.  I don't know if I've ever been this excited about a movie since... I don't really know when.   At least with this, I don't have a whole lot in the way of preconceived ideas about how things should go.  I just want that feeling of being 8, watching A New Hope with my toy X-Wing and TIE Fighter and my dad.  That whole nostalgia thing.

• Like 3

Nosce te ipsum, es tu ipsum

I know that we're talking about the trailer and all, but I just wanted to share this.

I am huge into the MAKE movement and things like that (currently working on a Mando kit for myself), so to see this is pretty freaggin' awesome. And will probably make everyone here wish they were a little kid right now (literally).

I mean, they could honestly take it a step further and remodel the pieces for more durability and strength using those plastic pieces as reference! >.<

• Like 1

That's pretty amazing! It's only really a matter of time before some enterprising 501st Legion group or other hobbyist comes up with a good durable set to sell or DIY.  Still though, well done.

Does anybody play SWTOR?  (The MMO) I've only picked it up recently, and I'm already a huge fan.  Anybody else kind of stoked about the new expansion?

• Like 2

That's pretty amazing! It's only really a matter of time before some enterprising 501st Legion group or other hobbyist comes up with a good durable set to sell or DIY.  Still though, well done.

Does anybody play SWTOR?  (The MMO) I've only picked it up recently, and I'm already a huge fan.  Anybody else kind of stoked about the new expansion?

I know that ANOVOS has finished their helmet sculpt. There were several suits made for Celebration in April, and I believe a few of them were 501st. I know that they have the means now and are working on them currently (I tend to keep up with them, as joining their ranks is a goal of mine).

I used to play, but haven't in a good while. I might pick it back up and check it out again. 

That's pretty amazing! It's only really a matter of time before some enterprising 501st Legion group or other hobbyist comes up with a good durable set to sell or DIY. Still though, well done.

Does anybody play SWTOR? (The MMO) I've only picked it up recently, and I'm already a huge fan. Anybody else kind of stoked about the new expansion?

It's a really nicr game, IMO. Really enjoyed the quests and the class storylines. However I havent reached a high level character because I want to try them all. Lol

Sent from a Jedi Holocron

Level 3

STR 5.25 DEX  3.5 STA 10 CON 6 WIS 4 CHA 0
Cycling challenge

So, I've become a bit over-stimulated with a bunch of things in my life at the moment. 

Part of it is the meta I've recently discovered about TFA. Here are some interesting articles about the lack of Luke Skywalker, which had me scratching my head as well. This has me now regretting not reading Aftermath and dragging my feet to pick up my copies of Shattered Empire. I've been trying to avoid spoilers, but at the same time, I'm missing out on some awesome speculation and theory crafting, something I was huge into during the prequels. >.<

Must visit the comic book store this weekend!

I know that ANOVOS has finished their helmet sculpt. There were several suits made for Celebration in April, and I believe a few of them were 501st. I know that they have the means now and are working on them currently (I tend to keep up with them, as joining their ranks is a goal of mine).

I used to play, but haven't in a good while. I might pick it back up and check it out again. 

Mine too! That's one of my personal rewards once I hit certain fitness goals.  I absolutely love everything I read or see about them, I feel like that's something I'd like to be apart of.

It's a really nicr game, IMO. Really enjoyed the quests and the class storylines. However I havent reached a high level character because I want to try them all. Lol

Sent from a Jedi Holocron

Right? I'm playing through with a Sith Marauder (mostly because they're metal AF and I love it).  Still resisting the temptation to start a new character.   Really want to start a Smuggler (I mean, who DOESN'T want to be Han Solo)

They did take a page from the Blizzard play-book it seems.  When the new expansion drops, you can start with a level 60 character and play.  And it looks like they tweaked a lot of the game to where you can play solo just as well with a group (something I personally found WoW was lacking...  I don't play well with others)

Just got kindle versions of Aftermath and Shattered Empire I, going to finish Nick Offerman's book today or tomorrow then start in. Read Lost Stars, which was solid even if it didn't reveal anything new. I just feel like we'll never see the characters from it again.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I've been playing SWTOR since pre-launch and am amped up for the 4.0 expansion.  I play on the Ebon Hawk server.  I only moved my main character into the new expansion but I love the fact that datacrons are now part of your legacy.  It was such a pain in the @$$ hunting them all down with 12 characters.

For my free level 60 I finally made a Vanguard so I have all 8 Republic advanced classes at 60 and 4 Imperials at 60.

PolishRifle

Level 3 Jedi Knight

STR: 1 DEX: 1 STA: 5 CON: 4  WIS: 7 CHA: 5

"Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us.  Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
Reduce Body weight from 230lbs to 180lbs (lose 50 lbs) Currently 214lbs

32%
32%

I caved and bought advance tickets.  I will go see Star Wars at the crack of dawn on the day of release, with someone I love.  I figure it's a rare cultural somethingorother, and I don't wanna miss it if there really is some magic.

None of my friends believe this movie is going to be magic. They all got jaded by The Phantom Menace, and it's hard to blame them.  But I decided to believe in it.

I can't believe I just now saw this thread!!  I suppose it's for the best though.  Just glancing through the posts, it looks like there's a couple TFA spoilers out there, which I'm trying to avoid at all costs.  

(to be clear, when I say spoilers, I mean anything that isn't the official trailers)

Picked up my ticket too!!  10pm on the 17th.  

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I caved and bought advance tickets.  I will go see Star Wars at the crack of dawn on the day of release, with someone I love.  I figure it's a rare cultural somethingorother, and I don't wanna miss it if there really is some magic.

None of my friends believe this movie is going to be magic. They all got jaded by The Phantom Menace, and it's hard to blame them.  But I decided to believe in it.

Mark Hamill said it himself in an interview, which is something I tend to believe here. TPM died before it was even released because of all the hype and excitement. I think it's a matter of finding a balance between being excited to see Star Wars back and still having realistic expectations. We all want this to be good, but over-hype does tend to kill things.

That aside, I'm always too optimistic for my own good. :D I love Star Wars and have a good deal of hope for its future and can't wait to see what's in store for us!

I can't believe I just now saw this thread!!  I suppose it's for the best though.  Just glancing through the posts, it looks like there's a couple TFA spoilers out there, which I'm trying to avoid at all costs.  

(to be clear, when I say spoilers, I mean anything that isn't the official trailers)

Picked up my ticket too!!  10pm on the 17th.  

YEA! I'm leaving work early that day, as my tickets are for a 7:30pm showing. 

I've only just been able to watch the trailer, bloody hell. I'm just gonna jump aboard the hype train now.. No one can stop me from going full fanboy

• Like 1

Level 19 Jedi/Assassin in-training. 

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 16 | 17 | 18 |

"Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not." - Uncle Iroh