Forums are back in action! ×

NF Star Wars Fans (Force Awakens spoilers inside)

Might be a bit out of topic here -

Anyone loving Rebels? There were some nice episodes, and the 2nd season just came out. Kanan is a really cool Jedi (I think), and he has some comic books out.

Sent from a Jedi Holocron

I've been really enjoying Rebels so far. Love the banter in the first season, and it definitely gets better over time (like the Clone Wars, which I loved). I have the comics, I just haven't had the chance to read/catch up on them yet. >.<

I'm enjoying Rebels so far, it definitely has had some cringeworthy moments, but the second season is shaping up really well.

Also - bloody Japenese trailer with loads of unseen footage!!

The shot of the Tie Fighters in the sunrise(set?) was amazing.

Level 19 Jedi/Assassin in-training. 

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 16 | 17 | 18 |

"Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not." - Uncle Iroh

New international trailer!

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/06/star-wars-force-awakens-international-trailer

Nothing really new, but a couple of great new shots.  If nothing else, the cinematography looks amazing for this movie.

The new shots/scenes were awesome, wonder what other surprises are forth coming?

The Reel Godfather, level 5 Ranger STR 10|DEX 7|STA 12|CON 12|WIS 8|CHA 6 My Respawn story

I haven't watched Rebels because I want to wathc it in order. Maybe the other binge I have this weekend...

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Haven't started the 2nd season, but will do this weekend + will watch the whole series with my youngest sister, she's really interested and wants to watch them all before Episode VII.

The comic books are pretty good, feeds my Jedi hunger for the new republic. Most Jedi stories that I've read are from the Old Republic.

Sent from a Jedi Holocron

Level 3

STR 5.25 DEX  3.5 STA 10 CON 6 WIS 4 CHA 0
Cycling challenge

Has anyone read "Aftermath" - I just finished last night and wondered if anyone might want to discuss it outside the forum (don't want to spoil anything for those who are running silent until the movie comes out).  

Reading it now, about a quarter of the way thru, its OK so far, guess I was expecting Zahn goodness, would love to discuss but not there yet.

The Reel Godfather, level 5 Ranger STR 10|DEX 7|STA 12|CON 12|WIS 8|CHA 6 My Respawn story

Just finished it. Feel free to PM me. We can add people to the PM as the finish, just post here and one of us will invite you.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I tried finding some books and all I could come up with out of the basement was Darth Bane: Rule of Two.  Interesting in some aspects but not the greatest.  The problem is having boxes and boxes of books. :(

ebooks are available from, uh, a variety of distributors.  Just sayin'.  You can even get a bundle of all 200 or so existing SW books (not counting comics) as of summer 2015.  At least, I saw one around the interwebs soooomewhere...

I'm carefully staying away from new continuity anything until I see the movie, so thanks for minimizing spoilage, my friends ;)

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

The new books reveal almost nothing about what is going to happen in the movie. They're all just up to a year or two after VI. There's like 20 more years between them and the next movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

500 / 330 / 625

ebooks are available from, uh, a variety of distributors.  Just sayin'.  You can even get a bundle of all 200 or so existing SW books (not counting comics) as of summer 2015.  At least, I saw one around the interwebs soooomewhere...

I'm carefully staying away from new continuity anything until I see the movie, so thanks for minimizing spoilage, my friends ;)

I just can't do e-books.  I know, I'm old.

"For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm."

Just remember that Scooty Puff jr sucks!

I just can't do e-books.  I know, I'm old.

yeah, I have trouble with them myself (and I'm not old).  They work better for "snacking" books than for deep literature (fortunately tie-in novels tend to be the former).  E-ink screens are definitely the way to go, those don't hurt your eyes like a lit screen does.  I have a very old kindle which I keep it just for ebooks.  It isn't as good as paperbacks, but it's way cheaper (esp if you mooch a free device when its former owner upgrades ;) )  and doesn't take up as much space.  I still have two well-fed bookshelves, but for books I'm only going to consume once, digital is okay to get my "fix."

there's something kinda meta about reading science fiction on a 21st-century device.  It's interesting to see in the SW books how things like "HoloNet" and "datapads" become more ubiquitous in the later books, as do their real-life counterparts ... oh for the days when the Death Star plans were only on one droid, and it never occurred to anyone that they might be, you know, copied.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Suddenly there's less than a week to go! Got my tickets for the 17th at 9PM. Probably going to go on an internet blackout after the world premier - no spoilers for me, thank you very much.

• Like 2

Level 19 Jedi/Assassin in-training. 

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 16 | 17 | 18 |

"Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not." - Uncle Iroh

Suddenly there's less than a week to go! Got my tickets for the 17th at 9PM. Probably going to go on an internet blackout after the world premier - no spoilers for me, thank you very much.

I'm already on a blackout!  haha.  Pretty much just looking at NF (very selectively) and a couple other sites I know won't have anything Star Wars related on the,.  

No spoilers indeed.  

65641539.jpg

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Here too. Luckily I'm seeing it at 7 pm on Thursday, which is the first showing at my local Theater, so I should be able to avoid spoilers.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625

That said, when is the first showing anywhere (other than tonight's premiere) so I know at which point to totally stay away form the interwebs?

500 / 330 / 625

I am a big fan, although any individual movie or book or RPG may or may not be to my taste.  

With no movie theater in this town, I'm going to have to wait a while to see the new flick, but I can live with spoilers.  It's going to be epic either way.

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)