Forums are back in action! ×

Random Thoughts of Randomness

I thought about that Frosty, but she's given me pre-filled syringes so I don't have any empty ones to practice with, my first attempt will be on a live, squirming, wriggling rat. **gulp**

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

33 minutes ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Wait earthworm in toilet?? You use an outhouse? (which I have nothing against, I have a shovel and pack of biodegradable tp that I take with me when I go hiking) "Pooopin outside, poopin outside.....!!!"  

Back before my accident I used to enjoy hiking and camping, and a group of us used to regularly go bothying, camping out in a mountain shelter. The general rule about going to the toilet was that you would announce very loudly "I'm going for a shit" to the whole group so that no one would wander off out and accidentally come across you doing your business.  We would often go bothying in the winter when the weather wasn't suitable for camping.  

I remember one year when it was below freezing and Ally had announced his need to poop to the rest of us and wandered off to find a spot to do his business.  He came back a short while later with a look of horror on his face.  Apparently the ground had frozen solid and he couldn't get the shovel to break the earth so he decided just to lift a rock, "do his thang" in the hollow, and place the rock back down on top.  Only problem was that when he lifted the rock he found that someone else had already had that thought.  He was absolutely horrified at coming face to face with someone else's fecal matter, lol!  "A million fecking rocks out there and I have to lift the one rock with a shit under it!"   :D 

• Like 4

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

@JustCallMeAmber I hope you don't mind me asking, but what exactly is your profile picture? I just can't figure it out, all I can think is "is it a cat's butt." :D 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Close! It is actually my cat caught in full yawn. I guess he was bored with having his picture taken? ;)

Ah! I see it now! The bit that I thought was a tail is his front leg. :D

• Like 1

Right, @Miw_Sher and I are going to start up a Vegetable of the Week mini-challenge in the Rebels section during the next 4 Week Challenge.  I'm trying to see if there's any interest so if anyone wants to join in or could spread the word that would be great.   Obviously a lot of you won't be in the Rebels class but anyone could join in if they fancied it. :) 

• Like 3

On 2/5/2017 at 8:42 AM, Guzzi said:

Right, @Miw_Sher and I are going to start up a Vegetable of the Week mini-challenge in the Rebels section during the next 4 Week Challenge.  I'm trying to see if there's any interest so if anyone wants to join in or could spread the word that would be great.   Obviously a lot of you won't be in the Rebels class but anyone could join in if they fancied it. :) 

5898975de2723_2-6-201710-30-42AM.jpg.09c8ba5a72d4cd14cdd463ff552594b9.jpg

• Like 3

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

24 minutes ago, Captainfantastic said:

I'm totally down for a veggie of the week challenge, how would that work? @Guzzi

I will tag you or send a link once it's up and running. Probably tomorrow. :) 

• Like 1

I think when I go to the store this weekend I'm going to look for a veggie spiral cutter, which just turns zucchini and squash into noodles ; which I think will be more of an incentive to add more veggies if you aren't eating the same style of veggies all the time.

Anyone else get bored eating the same type of food all the time?  

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

20 hours ago, Captainfantastic said:

I'm totally down for a veggie of the week challenge, how would that work? @Guzzi

Here's the link for anyone who's interested in joining in. :) 

5 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

I think when I go to the store this weekend I'm going to look for a veggie spiral cutter, which just turns zucchini and squash into noodles ; which I think will be more of an incentive to add more veggies if you aren't eating the same style of veggies all the time.

Yes! So much yes! T fixes most of the evening meals here and his idea of a meal is meat (chicken, beef, or pork of some kind), steamed veggies (always the same ones and always steamed until they're nearly mush), and chips. Every once in awhile he'll make a stew of diced beef, chicken, or pork with veggies (the same ones as he always steams) and potatoes, "to add variety". It's so boring.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

2016 Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4 

Previous challenges:  New Year Challenge , Muir Does Stuff, :apple:    

Yea something we need to change in my family life, sorry your picky eaters but suck it up butter cup

Ok something I find stupid, if you shoot a commercial and in the original it was supposed to be a fart and you change the sound to a cell phone ringing but keep all the same faces; like the little old lady wiping a tear from her eye and everyone sniffing disgustedly it's not fooling anyone

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

On 08/02/2017 at 2:40 PM, Frost of the Gloaming said:

I missed this post earlier. It must have been hiding. :D  I got a spiraliser for Christmas which I still haven't tried out. I think this latest Veggie Chop Challenge might be the time and place to try it. 

Yea I've been exploring cooking as of late and have found that I enjoy it.

One thing I have been experimenting with is seasoning, I used to just buy taco season packs and while reading that ingredients I noticed that I pretty much had every single spice that they had listed minus all the bullshit to keep it fresh (additives, preservatives, coloring) so honestly it makes me feel better to serve it to my family plus we can also adjust the flavor

Taco Season

1 tbsp. chili powder

1/4 tsp. garlic powder

1/4 tsp. onion powder

1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes

1/4 tsp. dried oregano

1/2 tsp. paprika

1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin

1 tsp. sea salt

1 tsp. black pepper

• Like 2

Daily Mile

The other day, my 5 year old daughter Jitter Bug told me in all seriousness, "You shouldn't kiss strangers because when they turn around, they might be a bear".  I think this is how I know I am doing alright as a parent, right?

• Like 4

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge