Forums are back in action! ×

Random Thoughts of Randomness

51 minutes ago, PhysicsObeysMe said:

How much space is the average persona going to take? How wide are each of the tables?

I remember being posed a question really similar to this back in my college days; I don't recall if they gave us the dimensions for the tables, etc, but even if they did I don't think that mattered. It was one of those strange, tricky questions... I just don't remember what the answer was! :huh:

Stella   ::   Sprightly Elf   ::   Level 1

Me!      ::    Battle log       ::   Challenge

1 hour ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

shits and giggles lets see if any nerds can solve this problem (will try to write it as a common core problem)

Judge Wopner wants to fit 50 people around a square, you have two 8ft tables, two 6ft tables, and two 4ft press tables. How do you set up the tables and chairs; Rules you can not put anyone into the middle of the square, everyone at the tables must be able to see each other and no one can sit on each others laps.

And for the people that are like me and will try to figure this out, just remember how big your butt is.

I imagine it has something to do with nothing in the rules stating the tables have to touch each other.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

It's a trick question because it can't be done. Yes the tables can be arranged in a squarish rectangle, you just can't fit 50 people around that little of a space; 36 ft of space to fit 50 people, so unless you are less than 9 inches across it isn't possible.

Ok so real world answer, we were able to fit 40 people using the smaller wooden chairs so we lined up 10 more chairs along the walls for the other people to sit at. You can only do so much

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

17 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

shits and giggles lets see if any nerds can solve this problem (will try to write it as a common core problem)

Judge Wopner wants to fit 50 people around a square, you have two 8ft tables, two 6ft tables, and two 4ft press tables. How do you set up the tables and chairs; Rules you can not put anyone into the middle of the square, everyone at the tables must be able to see each other and no one can sit on each others laps.

And for the people that are like me and will try to figure this out, just remember how big your butt is.

Sit people 2 or 3 deep and mirror the walls. That way everybody will be able to see each other.

• Like 2

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

The width of the tables would add seating because people can sit at the ends (or the "corners" if the tables are arranged in a rectangle).  Also, does it say they can't space the tables and have people sit between them?

(nb: in actual courtrooms 50 people don't sit in a square, the jury and spectators sit in rows because they don't all need to see each other.)

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Define strange.......

When I say wet I mean when you go to pick it up you end up with sauce running down your hand; dry is seasoned meat without sauce; same flavor no mess.

To borrow a line "Winter is coming"; Time to pick a plan of attack for the upcoming year.

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

I put on my beloved wool trenchcoat for the first time this season last night.  Yup, fall's here.

Tacos should be street style: meat with sauce already on it, a light application of tart and spicy condiments, served fresh and steaming hot.  Hurhurhur.

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

My Undead hoodie is still in the closet, I have a feeling that I will be breaking it out this weekend when we go apple picking

I made dry taco's the other night, which means I dry rubbed the beef before cooking it down; and both people said the meat tasted good it just wasn't saucey, I told them they were weird

Going to start a battle log for my next challenge, I have a half marathon coming up in three weeks that I am completely winging (my longest run of the summer was a hilly 7.5 miler) and there is another half marathon on New Years, my goal is to not wing the New Years and see if I can beat my time 

Daily Mile

Well, I once followed invisible lines up to the ceiling because it felt completely natural.

Does that count? :P

Also, sheesh this stuff is adorable!

*dances*

• Like 1

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

2 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Define strange.......

Sounds like this would be interesting to hear more about .......

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

I really don't have anything

however if you want to have a similar experience of what I go through, watch this "video" with headphones on and meditate to the picture, eventually it will start to shift on you (or it could just be me; and no I don't believe in the hippie crap it's trying to sell but I do know that meditating to it is nice, so take it as you will)

• Like 1

Daily Mile

12 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

I really don't have anything

however if you want to have a similar experience of what I go through, watch this "video" with headphones on and meditate to the picture, eventually it will start to shift on you (or it could just be me; and no I don't believe in the hippie crap it's trying to sell but I do know that meditating to it is nice, so take it as you will)

This is great. It's like the eye of Sauron if Sauron was a Zen Buddhist cuttlefish.

• Like 1
On 9/20/2016 at 11:41 AM, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Taco's, wet or dry?

Fajitas.

• Like 1

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

On 21/09/2016 at 0:37 AM, ThisMissisup2nogood said:

Head colds cause me to hallucinate.

Since 2014 I've been seeing a small black cat with no face dart in and out of my peripheral vision that visits whenever I'm congested.

Anybody here have experience with strange hallucinations?

A friend of mine has something almost exactly like that; he sees cats where there are none. Perfectly mentally sound man, par that. Very clever. Happy. But he sees imaginary cats. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

Stella   ::   Sprightly Elf   ::   Level 1

Me!      ::    Battle log       ::   Challenge