Forums are back in action! ×

Extra Life 2016 - FOR THE KIDS!

Hello Nerd Fitness Friends!

Extra-Life is on a mission to save kids through gaming, and we need your help. Each of us has chosen our local Children's Miracle Network Hospital where thousands of children are treated each year, regardless of their family's ability to pay. These kids are facing scary stuff like cancer, cystic fibrosis, and injuries from accidents to name just a few.

We'll be part of a huge international celebration of the social impact of gamers with Extra Life and it's our sincere hope that you'll find it in your heart to support us with a monthly pledge or one-time gift that will go directly to that team member's chosen hospital. Your donation is tax-deductible and ALL PROCEEDS go to help kids. Last year, Extra Life raised more than $8 million dollars to save kids, but in 2016 our goals, just like the needs of the kids we serve, are much, much higher.

http://www.extra-life.org/team/RobinGamersFTK

http://www.extra-life.org/participant/JediNickD

Gameday is November 5th.  I am organizing a 24 hour gaming marathon at my house for all local Robin Gamers to come, play, and support a great cause.  In 24 hours, we'll play just about everything from Cosmic Encounter and Manhattan Project to Star Wars: Battlefront on XBox One and Halo 3 on XBox 360 to Super Mario Bros. on NES and Mutant League Hockey on Sega Genesis to Dungeon Crawl RPG and Magic The Gathering.  We'll have kids games going to, where I'll run a custom kids RPG at one point. 

We'll setup a YouTube or Facebook stream for those who can't make it to be able to check in to see what is going on.  I'm not super experienced with streaming so that may be a mess, but documenting the experience with pictures and video is a must!   

Also, you can search around your area for other events to participate or donate to.  The game store in Aberdeen called Xpanding Universe is hosting an Extra Life 24 hour event on Oct 29th starting at 11am.  Other game stores will likely have similar events.  Go find one!

Keep in mind, your donation to Extra Life is tax-deductible and ALL PROCEEDS go to help kids.

We can't do this without your help. Donating online is safe and easy! To make an online donation please click one of the links I provided above.  On the team page, click on the "Roster" tab, then on a participant's name and then click the "Donate" button on their page. Thank you for caring for our kids!

Also, if you are already an Extra Life Member, then post your fundraising page for others to support you!

• Like 1

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2023 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 4.5]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

Game Day is SATURDAY!  Are there any other Extra Lifers out there?  I'll be doing some "Retro" gaming online with Halo 3 on Xbox 360 if anyone is interested in joining.  Send me a message and we can exchange gamertags. 

I'll also get on H1Z1 or Hawken on PC at some point during the day.  Let me know if you play those!

World 6 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2023 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

Extra Life Gameday went really well.  I raised $600 meeting my goal.  I played games from 6am to 4am (turning the clock back before bed), so I owe 2 hours of gaming, but I was falling asleep between plays in Madden earning a few delay of game penalties.  I might make it up with a stream of my Cosmic Encounter birthday party on Saturday.  I think my favorite part was the second half of the kids mermaid RPG when my adult friend Marc stepped in for my 6 year old's character to finish an adventure.  He was hilarious in doing the mermaid voice.  I got to do some funny voices for a blacksmith, weaponsmith, and pet store owner, which my 8 year old got a real kick out of.  My stream during those parts had the most viewers, so I hammed it up as best I could.  The night capped off with Halo 4 Spartan Ops online with an old friend.  It was a riot. 

Spoiler