Anime recommendations

Hi guys! So as you can guess from the title, I'd like to find more anime series that fit my taste. I'd be grateful for some recommendations! I love some serious, preferably realistic setting and a series aimed for mature audience with well-developed characters. My favourite anime: Black Lagoon, Monster, Banana Fish, Youjo Senki, Violet Evergarden, Erased, Nana, Paradise Kiss, Gangsta, Michiko & Hatchin, Black Butler, Yuuri on Ice!, Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom, Tokyo Ghoul, Parasyte Maxim. 

Veni, vidi, vici. 

I would say that Cowboy Bebop, if you haven't seen it already, ticks most of those boxes. I'm not sure how realistic the setting is, but it takes its setting seriously and the consequences of its ideas feel like they're examined in a realistic way. It's aimed at a mature audience with well-developed characters to boot.

For all that it's a giant robot series, Evangelion's a good one too. Again, not certain how realistic the setting is, but as before I feel like it presents the setting and then answers the questions of that setting well, and it's a notoriously heady series in terms of character studies and heavy themes. Personally, I'm a sucker for the Rebuild films, but that's because I like happy endings. :D

Another good one is Kado: The Right Answer. The series overall is actually pretty great, but it's wrecked by the final episode (not an unhappy ending, just badly done). Proceed with caution.

A Place Further Than the Universe is superb. It's a real-world setting, well-developed characters. Might be a little too WAFF-y depending on your tastes; I personally tend to describe it as the series Hallmark wishes it could make, because it's the kind of show I'd watch with my mom only, you know, good. Highly recommended.

Anyway, that's what I got. Hopefully these suit!

Ruroni Kenshin is a classic Samurai series

Berserk is a pretty intense anime

High Rise Invasion was an interesting thriller of an anime.

Let me know if these satisfy what you're looking for.

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

There's a bit of overlap with my favourite anime, so I'll chime in.

Have you seen Steins;Gate?

And you might like Princess Jellyfish is you liked Paradise Kiss...maybe.

My favourite anime is Nodame Contabile, but you might think it's too old.

Oh no, my favourite anime might be Eccentric Family! It's weird and sweet and funny it will make you want to go to Kyoto (again if you already have).

Here's a review https://kotaku.com/the-eccentric-family-is-a-truly-magical-anime-1447545821

That pretty much covers all the notification sounds on my phone.

Oh! Silver spoon. 

Phycho pass

Made in abyss ( it looks like its for children but i assure you its not, just keep watching)

Dorohedoro (its extremely weird but i loved it, and my ex did as well xD)+

Full metal alchemist brotherhood, but everyone interested in animes watched it already. If you didn't, well, its the best anime ever made :P

"A single spark of passion can change a man forever
A moment in a lifetime is all it takes to break it"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lpKBtgNBhB25X29RhKQVD5QgbYu0xAo3Bbfzpsj4YOc/edit#gid=0 - My Life Roadmap, updating :D