Forums are back in action! ×

2020 - 60 day challenge

The final day for our work weight loss challenge is 28th Feb so I weighed in a little early:

Weigh in: 90.5kg

down 7.5kg and closing in on my target of sub 90 for this challenge! 

Another C25K run done this morning. 

Heading to my friend's farm tomorrow morning to help do some fencing after our wild weather here recently. I am planning to drink tomorrow, but I found a no-carb beer so hopefully I can stay in Ketosis. 

BHwDraught.png?lossy=0&strip=1&webp=1

• Like 2

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

23 Feb: 89.0kg / 39.75"

Woohoo hit my sub 90 goal :) next target is sub 80. Thinking i'll have a rest week and then carry on. 

Still 1 week to go, I'm currently leading the weight loss challenge by a long way so should be safe there. 

Keeping up with my Couch to 5k, 7 weeks done, 2 weeks to go. 

Have not been doing the headspace app, want to get back into that. 

• Like 3

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

On 2/22/2020 at 7:15 AM, Endor said:

Keeping up with my Couch to 5k, 7 weeks done, 2 weeks to go. 

Well done! Kind of want to get back in to running/jogging myself. Whenever I've tried even the shortest jog the last few months though, my knees has told me to f* off! :P  So something slow and gentle like C25k is probably the way I'll need to go about it.

• Like 1
On 2/28/2020 at 5:42 PM, Tobbe said:

Well done! Kind of want to get back in to running/jogging myself. Whenever I've tried even the shortest jog the last few months though, my knees has told me to f* off! :P  So something slow and gentle like C25k is probably the way I'll need to go about it.

Highly recommend it, I've struggled with injury/pain from running in the past and the slow gradual build up of C25K gets you running safely. 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Well the 60 days are over...how did I do?

Goals:

# Drop 8.1 kilos to be below 90kg.

> Weight loss challenge with 3 work colleagues, runs in line with this challenge. Last place buys a lunch up to $50 each for the other 3. 

> Alcohol free February (mostly)

> Avoid bread and sugar

I won the weight loss challenge and finished up at 86.9kg for a loss of 11.1kg. 

# Lust for life, build energy and enthusiasm

> Be active for an hour a day. This can be anything, walking, lifting, working in the yard, DIY in the house, whatever. 

> Do one job a week for the house. 

A lot of running and walking, hit all my C25K sessions.

# Be social

> Meet up with a friend twice a week.

> Work at least 1 day a week in the office.

I am working from the office 3 days every other week so I'm counting that. 

I still need to make more effort to catch up with friends, I'm better than I was but still would like to do more. 

# Build positive routines

> 5 mins of headspace app each morning

> regular bedtime, get up time

> vitamins every morning

Need to get back into headspace, the rest was good. 

Weigh-ins:

1 Jan: 98kg / 43"

5 Jan: 95.8kg / forgot to measure waist

12 Jan: 95.9kg / forgot to measure waist

19 Jan: 95.5kg / 42"

26 Jan: 96.4kg / forgot

2 Feb:  95.7kg / forgot

9 Feb:  92.6kg /42"

16 Feb: 90.5kg 

23 Feb: 89.0kg / 39.75"

28 Feb: 86.9kg / 38.75"

Dropped 11.1kg and 4.25" off my navel. Great results from the Fast 800. 

What's Next?

I'm finishing my C25K this week and am planning to do my first ever parkrun at the local course next Saturday at 8am. 

I'm going to carry on with the weight loss effort, want to get under 80 kg. 

Trip to Italy and the UK (provided they aren't plague ridden death camps by then) in June. I'm very likely going to book in for a 10k here: http://www.relishrunningraces.com/cheddar-gorge-challenge.php which looks fantastic. I've been watching some ultra running on Youtube, maybe one day....this one will be a 10K trail which will be pretty challenging for me. Scenery should be amazing though. 

I'm travelling again this week for work...prob do up another thread for March/April on the way if I get some spare time. 

• Like 4

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

18 hours ago, Endor said:

Highly recommend it, I've struggled with injury/pain from running in the past and the slow gradual build up of C25K gets you running safely. 

Great! Another thing to add to my list of things to include in the next five week challenge ✔

17 hours ago, Endor said:

Trip to Italy and the UK (provided they aren't plague ridden death camps by then) in June.

Hopefully it's over by then. My cousin had a tripped booked to Italy in April to watch a soccer game. But the trip organizer has cancelled all trips there because of c-19 :( So now he's trying to make them find another game later in the autumn and book that instead.

• Wow 1

Had a couple of weeks off the diet and put on 3kg so I've got back to it and now down to 86.1 today. 

Finished C25K with a 28:51 5K, pretty happy with that. Will be doing a parkrun this Saturday.

Keen to get down below 80kg so back into keto...

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Been off the air for a while dealing with a very heavy workload, family stuff and all this covid bizarreness. Safe and well at the moment, no exercise for 2 weeks but have been helping at my friends farm and digging out my sea wall...all hard work and good exercise in itself. 

I finally bought red dead 2 a few days ago as my challenge reward...not hade time to play it yet tho. 

Hope everyone is ok, will try to catch up on your threads. 

• Like 3

Feb-March 2022 Challenge