Forums are back in action! ×

11 minutes ago, Rhovaniel said:

Ah, I'm sorry. If you add me, I'll happily accept. I was just getting too many weirdos in my DMs...

Super understandable. I added - username on insta is hot_earl_grey. Also I haven't been on insta in over a year, so I'll probably only check when you post here and remind me. :D 

10 minutes ago, Rhovaniel said:

It's a Christmas Cake, and I have to remember to keep feeding it rum every week now!

I really need to know more about this cake ?

Level 19 Ravenclaw Rebel

Fairy tales do not start, nor do they end, in the dark forest (Ted Lasso)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21/21

CURRENT CHALLENGE: Mindful Magic

https://www.facebook.com/groups/322339062686325 This is the FB group btw

41 minutes ago, athousandwords said:

I really need to know more about this cake ?

I shall probably post it on insta. It used old measurements so I had no idea that a cake with a total of 2lbs 14oz of fruit was going to be that flipping huge. It weighs an absolute ton - essentially it's a rich fruit cake but I'm gonna stick some marzipan on it and ice it and that makes it Christmas Cake lol

• Like 1

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Journey to the Mountain of Knowledge - Chapter One: A Pocketful of hope (current challenge)

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30 A Bold New Year   Rhovaniel forges herself anew 

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

Hello! 

Fear not, I have not abandoned my Quest. Life is a little - all over the place right now and whilst I am moving steadily closer to that next milestone, most of it is from walking done after work. Since it's winter here right now, that means short days and walking in the dark, where photos don't happen. But as I progress update, here is where I am at:

image.png.7054585bc7f57cea9b1b98eb52f336e6.png 

I decided to round down the miles travelled, for the purposes of easy record keeping. I can just about tolerate these half and quarters, but part of me wants to take them out as well. I don't want to ever be .32 or something silly away from a milestone. And nice, round numbers make me happy.

• Like 2

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Journey to the Mountain of Knowledge - Chapter One: A Pocketful of hope (current challenge)

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30 A Bold New Year   Rhovaniel forges herself anew 

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

Oh, that run? Painful lesson in warming up properly, especially after a hiatus. I just needed to clear my head and went out too fast, ended up having to stop to avoid full blown shin pain...

Spoiler

Hello!

Sorry, it's been a while since I updated. I've been going steadily forward, a few lovely rainy walks in the mud and quite a few laps around the block. 

I have made the painful decision to take running out of the challenge. I am just getting too much pain in my calf when I run, and this is from Couch to 5K, not even all the way through week 2. Something in me just - isn't made for running. And  it's no longer a case of 'keep pushing' because I am so very sick and tired to my bones of the injury-reinjury cycle. I'll still walk, row when I get a chance... but running is out.  

Spoiler

I low-key want to know how those three, especially Gimli, went from like no to little  running to a full on 3 day ultra on little sleep and didn't end up injured. Fantasy is one thing but that - nonsensical!! 

Anyway, here's where I'm at so far... 

image.png.6287b0b094a14806466c1331eaa03b26.png 

I am 55 miles away from Weathertop and as yet... no milestone goal! I gotta get working on that!

• Like 3

Spoiler

Epic Quest is Epic! I'm currently revamping my Battle Log to something similar, but I'm randomly drawing my Middle Earth: The Wizards cards to determine what site I need to visit next, so it's less a journey through Middle Earth and more random wandering in search of shiny things. 

• Like 1

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

So sorry for the delay in posting but..

I hit my first Milestone! On the 17th January, in the 2022 (of whatever Age we appear to be in), I hit exactly 110 miles, and made it to Weathertop, the great Watchtower of Amon Sul.

YARN | This was the great watchtower of Amon Sul. | The Lord of the Rings:  The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) | Video clips by quotes | 3c960c4f | 紗

Has the month royally kicked my behind and exposed my major weaknesses? Have I been feeling exhausted and teary and frustrated and useless? Yes. Did I keep walking, keep pushing to try to pull myself out of this place and find the higher ground to rest and survey the area from once more? Also yes. 

Since I was still futzing with my milestone event, I wasn't sure what to go for. But I have decided to go for new trainers/walking shoes. My old ones have worn right down to the foam padding on the sole, as I discovered after walking my half marathon yesterday in London with a fair amount of knee pain. So, I will go tomorrow to a shop that does gait analysis, check it out and order some new shoes accordingly. 

image.png.4f33071509df2450efd1b92175408dac.png

I now have 209 miles until I reach my next milestone at the Ford of Bruinen, where the Ringwraiths attack and Aragorn, together with Glorfindel, defend the Sam, Merry and Pippin on the other side as Frodo rides ahead. As it involves water and I love swimming, the milestone event for that will be swim based. 

• Like 3

Spoiler