Forums are back in action! ×

Weight Loss PVP: 10 or 12 lbs in 10 or 12 Weeks! [Mar 27 - Jun 18, 2023)

17 hours ago, Elennare said:

I expect it'll be back to normalish by tomorrow, so that's what I'll record. :)

If not, check your scale battery! 

17 hours ago, TrashcanCarla said:

Hey all. I lost 1.1 pounds this past week,

YAY!!!! Congrats and I love your intention to move joyfully 

5 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

Now I've got the week to undo the damage

You got this! I’m glad you had a good time celebrating!! ? that’s gonna be me this coming weekend! 

7 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

You got this! I’m glad you had a good time celebrating!! ? that’s gonna be me this coming weekend! 

Celebrating is good.

I just have to make sure it's actually celebrating and not celebreating... ??

The missus has already warned me that next weekend is going to be similar because on Saturday we're eating out with the brothers- and sister-in-law. Except that dinner out in a restaurant is not an issue. It's dinner out at a friend's or family's place that's the issue. If the bowl of crisps is empty, restaurants don't give a refill. Friends/family do... ?

• Like 3

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

10 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

If not, check your scale battery!

That's a possibility, but I also spent the weekend doing a lot more exercise than normal, including a decently high-level sporting event, so I've got a lot of muscle inflammation going on, on top of eating not the best over the weekend.  And then I went to practice last night, so while it did come down some, it wasn't as much as I was hoping.  But, I'll take ~2 lbs over last week's weigh in (~3 over what it was for most of the week) instead of 3+ over last week's weigh in!  Sadly my waist also measured slightly larger today as well.  Just need to make sure I stay on top of my diet this week, and try to get some rest/recovery in, and hope things normalize and go back to the slow downward trajectory from where they were after the weird bump up.  And if not, yeah, definitely checking the scale batteries. :)

• Like 2

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

Coming very late to this party but it seems someone left the door open so riffraff like myself can just wander in

I see we only have 5 or 6 weeks left so I will aim for 5 or 6 pounds in that period.  I am currently 82.3 kgs so  [insert math]  my target by the end of this is is 80kgs.  That sounds doable :) 

• Like 5
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

9 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Coming very late to this party but it seems someone left the door open so riffraff like myself can just wander in

I see we only have 5 or 6 weeks left so I will aim for 5 or 6 pounds in that period.  I am currently 82.3 kgs so  [insert math]  my target by the end of this is is 80kgs.  That sounds doable :) 

Yay! Glad you made it!

Starting weight: 216.8 lbs - 98.35 kg

Week 1: 213.6 lbs - 96.9 kg (-3.2 lbs / -1.45 kg)

Week 2: 211.5 lbs - 95.95 kg (-2.1 lbs / -0.95 kg)

Week 3: 213.8 lbs - 97.0 kg (+2.3 lbs / +1.05 kg)

Week 4: 211.2 lbs - 95.8 kg (-2.6 lbs / -1.2 kg)

Week 5: 209.2 lbs - 94.9 kg (-2.0 lbs / -1.0 kg)

Week 6: 210.9 lbs - 95.65 kg (+1.7 lbs / +0.75 kg)

My weigh-in this week was troubled with some water retention.

I had weighed the day before and was at 94.6 kg then, and had done *nothing* to explain the 1+ kg weight gain in a single day. I just had a one-hour eating window for the entire day, where I in no way exceeded 2500 calories. Water retention is the only possible explanation I can think of.

So I'm calling shenanigans on this week's weigh-in and expect a massive drop next week.

• Like 5

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

3/27: 159.9

4/03: 157.9

4/10: xxx.x

4/17: 158.3

4/24: 157.8

5/01: 156.5

5/08: 156.3

I should've been in the 155.x range (which I was on Friday) but I made the mistake of eating a banana split after dinner last night.....

I'm lactose sensitive though.... I took lactose pills but it's a miracle I'm in the 156.x range at all even with those pills. I debated not weighing today and waiting until tomorrow but I need to be honest with myself about where I stand. I knew I had weigh in today and I still ate the dang ice cream. I self-sabotaged and I need to own up to it.

We travel this weekend to Arkansas. Driving 10+ hours Friday, family reunion shenanigans Saturday, and driving home 10+ hours Sunday. I'm hoping I can give myself a nice buffer this week to make up for the inevitable travel gain. I'm not sure if I'll weigh in on Monday (I may just to see where I stand) but I might not record anything until Tuesday, once I've given myself a day to re-balance things from travel.

Hope you all have a fantastic week!

Editing to add: I'm 155.8 today which is about where I expected I'd be this week had I not self-sabotaged. I did, however, get back on track with goals yesterday so the kick in the butt worked ?

• Like 4

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

Well, it took most of the week to get back to "normal," but I'm now back to close to where I was before my weight decided to jump up, and slightly down (.1 lbs) from where I was 2 weeks ago, so yay!  I do think I'm going to check my scale's batteries, too, if I can remember to do it when I have the time.

I have also finally started lifting again, so hopefully I can keep that going and it'll help speed up the weight loss.  Regardless of the scale, though, I bought a nice summer jumpsuit yesterday that was a size medium, and the size 12 pants were a little bit too big on me (though, of course, not in the waist :( ), so there's a nice a bit of non-scale progress as well!

• Like 5

Just now, Elennare said:

Regardless of the scale, though, I bought a nice summer jumpsuit yesterday that was a size medium, and the size 12 pants were a little bit too big on me (though, of course, not in the waist :( ), so there's a nice a bit of non-scale progress as well!

That's awesome! ???

• Like 2

“Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually the confidence will follow.” Carrie Fisher

I weighed in 6.3 pounds up from the last weigh in today. Needless to say, I feel kind of bummed. I recognize why the scale jumped up - I was sick, had too much alcohol this week and also didn't track my food - but the amount of weight gained is truly staggering. My pants are a bit tighter, too.

All that I can do is hope that half of it is water retention and get back on track with all of my efforts. Stop this gain. Maybe, with some real diligence, I can see a solid shift downward by next Monday.

I really would hate to think that one lax week undid so much of my effort. Man, I'm bummed.

• Sad 5

“Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually the confidence will follow.” Carrie Fisher

I can't remember the last time I checked in and I just randomly remember to jump on the scales.  Last week sometime, later in the week, I weighed in at 193 pounds, still.  So no change. Drat!  I now have less than a month till my daughter's graduation and our vacation/my birthday.  Time to buckle down and drop a few more pounds!!! With the hubby back in town I should have more time to workout and get prepared for the craziness of life that will happen in 20-ish days! 

Excited Golden Retriever GIF by MOODMAN

We got this! 

• Like 5

Ranger-Monk Hybrid - Do all the things and lots of BJJ

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Terra turns 50?!?!?

3/27 - 273

4/3 - 273  -No change

4/10 - 271  - Down 2 lbs

4/17 - 272 - Up 1 lb

4/24 - 273 - Up 1 lb

5/1 - 273 - Steady

5/8 -270 -  Down 3 lbs

Damn... I thought I had hit 270 at another point. But the lowest of this challenge (and lowest since Feb.)

For this challenge I lightened up on my "To Dos" for more sleep. While also working on staying "on plan" and adjusting the plan when I want to go out to eat (and saying no to Mc Donalds a few times). 

Side effect of extra sleep is awareness of how to walk more... I now have made a 10-20 minute walk to my office area at work, realizing I feel safe in my campus to walk through the whole place. 

• Like 4

"Operation Bad*ss" Starts 9/1/2024

Quest 1: Level up Basecamp

10 hours ago, TrashcanCarla said:

I weighed in 6.3 pounds up from the last weigh in today. Needless to say, I feel kind of bummed.

My unsolicited advice is to be really compassionate towards yourself this week and look ahead towards your goal. You were sick last week, and it sounds like you were just out of spoons for anything else.  Next week will be better because you're going to not be sick :) You got this!

10 hours ago, Terra said:

I can't remember the last time I checked in and I just randomly remember to jump on the scales.  Last week sometime, later in the week, I weighed in at 193 pounds, still.  So no change. Drat!  I now have less than a month till my daughter's graduation and our vacation/my birthday.  Time to buckle down and drop a few more pounds!!! With the hubby back in town I should have more time to workout and get prepared for the craziness of life that will happen in 20-ish days! 

Excited Golden Retriever GIF by MOODMAN

We got this! 

I believe in you! 

1 hour ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

Damn... I thought I had hit 270 at another point. But the lowest of this challenge (and lowest since Feb.)

You lost three pounds in one week! That's amazing! It seems like your body was just slow to respond to the "Oh we're losing weight? ARE YOU SURE? I mean... IF you're sure... okay okay you're sure.. here's three pounds." 

:D  Woo woo!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

You lost three pounds in one week! That's amazing! It seems like your body was just slow to respond to the "Oh we're losing weight? ARE YOU SURE? I mean... IF you're sure... okay okay you're sure.. here's three pounds." 

:D  Woo woo!

Thank you for the mental refraining. 

It also can be that last week I was able to find out what works and just keep going! Who knows what I can do!

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

3/27: 159.9

4/03: 157.9

4/10: xxx.x

4/17: 158.3

4/24: 157.8

5/01: 156.5

5/08: 156.3

5/15: 156.6

This is simply due to dehydration as I was traveling all weekend. From 7:30am Friday morning to 8:15pm last night, I accumulated 23 hours sitting in a car traveling. All food was eaten out. Water was limited (because locations to stop in some areas were very scarce and not exactly safe looking). I'm pretty sure I'm only in the 156 range because of dehydration. I'm getting back to routine and back on my habits today. I expect a blip up and then a drop off once I'm re-hydrated and my body has time to readjust (and get sleep. I'm in some serious sleep debt). Hopefully by next Monday I'll see some progress. I'd like to be down a bit more before we head to the beach in June -- conveniently it's my next planned travel so I should be able to stick to routines until then without issue.

• Like 4

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

3/27 - 273

4/3 - 273  -No change

4/10 - 271  - Down 2 lbs

4/17 - 272 - Up 1 lb

4/24 - 273 - Up 1 lb

5/1 - 273 - Steady

5/8 -270 -  Down 3 lbs

5/16 - 270 - steady 

I actually thought I lost weight lol... 

Steady after a sleep deprived road trip weekend. 

Need to put all the road trip snacks away and get back some sleep this week to keep on!

NSV, I worked outside a week  and had movement everyday despite the fatigue I was feeling!

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 2

Starting weight: 216.8 lbs - 98.35 kg

Week 1: 213.6 lbs - 96.9 kg

Week 2: 211.5 lbs - 95.95 kg

Week 3: 213.8 lbs - 97.0 kg

Week 4: 211.2 lbs - 95.8 kg

Week 5: 209.2 lbs - 94.9 kg

Week 6: 210.9 lbs - 95.65 kg

Week 7: 209.1 lbs - 94.85 kg (-1.8 lbs / -0.8 kg)

Last week's damage undone, but considering how well I did this week, I'm still a bit disappointed that it's not lower.

We'll have an entire (long) weekend with a lot of eating out and probably with a lot of unhealthy food. Could be a disaster next week...

• Like 4

Well, slightly up this week vs last, but down almost a pound vs a couple days ago. I also got a (metaphorical) bomb dropped on me at work on Thursday and I am all sorts of messed up as a result. And it's not something that will be resolved any time soon, and quite possibly not until I get a new job. I'm seriously considering dropping out of this challenge, because right now eating is a challenge, but I think I will stick around in a vain attempt to keep things "normal." I guess if nothing else, I'll have a record of how sustained high stress affects my weight. ?

If anyone has a line on job openings for aerospace engineers in north central Ohio, let me know...

Edit: fixed a typo

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, Elennare said:

Well, slightly up this week vs last, but down almost a pound vs a couple days ago. I also got a (metaphorical) bomb dropped on me at work on Thursday and I am all sorts of messed up as a result. And it's not something that will be resolved any time soon, and quite possibly not until I get a new job. I'm seriously considering dropping out of this challenge, because right now eating is a challenge, but I think I will stick around in a vain attempt to keep things "normal." I guess if nothing else, I'll have a record of how sustained high stress affects my weight. ?

If anyone has a line on job openings for aerospace engineers in north central Ohio, let me know...

Edit: fixed a typo

I hope things begin to look up for you. I wish I could help on the job front but I'm in Texas. I'll keep an eye out on all the engineering groups I'm a part of in case something pops up in that area, though!

• Thanks 1

On 5/15/2023 at 11:13 AM, Elennare said:

I'm always looking for good engineers, but you would have to move to New Mexico. Send me a message if you are ever interested!

According to my doctor my weight has been stable for the last three months.  The scale at home says the same thing. That is both good and frustrating.  I keep trying...

• Like 2

Ranger-Monk Hybrid - Do all the things and lots of BJJ

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Terra turns 50?!?!?

4 hours ago, Terra said:

I'm always looking for good engineers, but you would have to move to New Mexico. Send me a message if you are ever interested!

I don't think New Mexico is somewhere we're looking to move, but I'll keep it in mind if I get desperate! Thanks!

• Like 1