9 hours ago, Harriet said:

Excellent information, thank you for reporting back.

No problem ? 

9 hours ago, Harriet said:

This is splendid! The cheetahs are very well characterised. I can even tell the one on the left is a youth, with its proportions and extra fluff at the neck.

Thanks!  

9 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Love the fluffy neck cheetah, it’s adorable.

That one is my favorite, too.  I was tempted to stop there, because I had a feeling the other one wouldn't go as well.  But then the composition was not centered.  Ho, hum.

3 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

*Rounds of applause*

*bows*

3 hours ago, MaeradCase said:
16 hours ago, Everstorm said:

??? It looks amazing!

Thank you ? 

• Like 2

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

59 minutes ago, Everstorm said:

That one is my favorite, too.  I was tempted to stop there, because I had a feeling the other one wouldn't go as well.  But then the composition was not centered.  Ho, hum.

I figured that's what you meant when you said you weren't happy with the right side. But had you not said that I wouldn't have noticed. It's a gorgeous piece.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 9/26/2024 at 11:45 AM, Mad Hatter said:

I figured that's what you meant when you said you weren't happy with the right side. But had you not said that I wouldn't have noticed. It's a gorgeous piece.

Agreed.

• Thanks 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 9/26/2024 at 1:45 PM, Mad Hatter said:

20 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Agreed.

Thanks, guys! ?

Got in another Elements workout yesterday and did Wings therapy with some leg things thrown in today.  Turns out Single Leg Romanian Deadlifts are easier to do with an alligator bar than with dumbells, even if the bar is 3 times as heavy as the dumbells.   Or maybe because it was heavier?  I dunno.  Balance was better in any case, and glutes more engaged so everything to the good.

I have been counting evil calories, even the extra-evil ones that snuck in after the counting ought to have been closed.  Sigh.  It still happens, but less than usual and I am down 1.5 lbs since the challenge started, so it's going fairly well for a little toe-dipping into dietary control without being overly onerous. 

I am going through the motions a bit on starting my latest assignment for Portraiture.   I always have a hard time starting something new when I finish a work.  I am doing the minimum 10 minutes, but not much more than that.   I am drawing more animal butts. Ten points if you can guess the animal! (Think seasonal).

Fashion for Nevers is going fairly well.  I feel good about the choices I am making and I am learning so much about hair care.  I scored a major deal today with a haircare line I wanted to try from Curlsmith.  I guess it was the one-year anniversary of the launch of their Anti-Frizz products, so they were offering a free full-size bottle (worth almost $30) with purchase!  So, I ordered a bunch of travel size bottles so I could try a lot of stuff for minimal cost (and rate free shipping).  Then, on top of the free conditioner, they let me choose 3 one-time use samples of other products I had wanted to try eventually, but wasn't ready to pay for yet!  So, I got a clarifying shampoo, co wash, anti-frizz conditioner, heat/chlorine shield, 2 gels, and a deep conditioner for what I would have spent for the first 2.

Golden Girls Dancing GIF by TV Land

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 4

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

7 hours ago, Everstorm said:

Then, on top of the free conditioner, they let me choose 3 one-time use samples of other products I had wanted to try eventually, but wasn't ready to pay for yet!  So, I got a clarifying shampoo, co wash, anti-frizz conditioner, heat/chlorine shield, 2 gels, and a deep conditioner for what I would have spent for the first 2.

Ooh, sounds good. Hope they work well for you. 

• Thanks 1

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3#4#5#6#7#8

10 hours ago, Everstorm said:

Single Leg Romanian Deadlifts are easier to do with an alligator bar than with dumbells,

What is an alligator bar?

2 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Reeindeer?

26 minutes ago, MaeradCase said:

Polar bears?

Y'all went straight to winter/Christmas, but it's Halloween season! It has to be bat butts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

3 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Reeindeer?

Close, but wrong season

3 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Ooh, sounds good. Hope they work well for you. 

I'm hopeful!

1 hour ago, MaeradCase said:

Polar bears?

Y'all already have your Christmas trees up, don't you? ?

43 minutes ago, Artemis Prime said:

What is an alligator bar?

I have no idea who taught me to call it that or why, but Google informs me it is actually called an EZ curl bar.

image.jpeg.5170dd7beb4380041a5d2bed44991227.jpeg

It's shorter and lighter than my olympic barbell, so I used it as an intermediate step up from the dumbells. 

47 minutes ago, Artemis Prime said:

Y'all went straight to winter/Christmas, but it's Halloween season! It has to be bat butts.

No, but that would be cute!

• Like 1

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

11 hours ago, Everstorm said:
12 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

has to be bat butts.

No, but that would be cute!

Look I was gonna guess bats, but I got excited by the Christmas vibes of reindeer, and I wasn't sure bats had that obvious a booty to draw. XD

Could be spiders I guess. ?

• Like 2

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

BUNNY BUMS they have these cute tails that bob up and down when they run

• Like 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

NB: I am not the only one who has googled "rabbit bums" and don't worry, it is safe to do so. Other citizens of the internet also wish to see wholesome pictures of rabbit tails. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

2 hours ago, Harriet said:

NB: I am not the only one who has googled "rabbit bums" and don't worry, it is safe to do so. Other citizens of the internet also wish to see wholesome pictures of rabbit tails. 

Remember when hamster butts were all the rage?

22 hours ago, Everstorm said:

e it is actually called an EZ curl bar.

image.jpeg.5170dd7beb4380041a5d2bed44991227.jpeg

It's shorter and lighter than my olympic barbell, so I used it as an intermediate step up from the dumbells. 

Alligator bar is the better name and it shall be called so.

Are we still guessing animals? I guess a squirrel and its fluffy tail. 

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

On 9/29/2024 at 9:03 AM, Everstorm said:

I have no idea who taught me to call it that or why, but Google informs me it is actually called an EZ curl bar.

Oh! I just tried my gym's for the first time a little over a week ago, and it was nice. It's now on my list of things to add to my home gym at some point.

Alligator bar is a cooler name for it.

• Like 3

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

15 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

Look I was gonna guess bats, but I got excited by the Christmas vibes of reindeer, and I wasn't sure bats had that obvious a booty to draw. XD

Could be spiders I guess. ?

Full disclosure:  I have a spider butt reference in my queue, but I was waiting for October proper to start it.  So it isn't the current bum.  I have no idea why I am collecting so many butt pix ?

7 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Sorry, not sorry ????????????

I have been thinking about starting some smaller drawings to make custom Christmas cards!  No butts in those plans, though.  Maybe I'm missing an opportunity here.... ?

6 hours ago, Harriet said:

BUNNY BUMS they have these cute tails that bob up and down when they run

Bunny bums are adorable!  But I have to agree with @Mad Hatter that bunnies fit a spring season theme better than autumn. 

4 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Remember when hamster butts were all the rage?

I don't remember that!  Mostly I see bumble bee bums these days.

Are we still guessing animals? I guess a squirrel and its fluffy tail. 

That would be a good one!  I might need more bums.  I'm going to have a massive Tail collection when this is over ?

I will state here that it's more about season, not holiday.  And @Sea-to-sky's first guess was closest.

3 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I tried to google alligator bar and boy was I confused!

Alligator bar is the better name and it shall be called so.

1 hour ago, Artemis Prime said:

Oh! I just tried my gym's for the first time a little over a week ago, and it was nice. It's now on my list of things to add to my home gym at some point.

Alligator bar is a cooler name for it.

I was also confused when I tried to google it to share an image.  I like calling it an alligator bar.   We're going to start a trend ?  By any name, the bar is much easier on my wrists than a straight bar.

The past 2 days have been a little nuts.  I think I had too much caffeine on Saturday,  which meant I had a really hard time falling asleep/staying asleep and basically managed only 4 or 5 hours before I gave it up as a bad job.

Being sleep deprived generally leads to bad choices, so I didn't track my calories or do wings yesterday.  I tried taking a nap in the afternoon to take the edge off, but I didn't sleep long because everyone I have ever met suddenly realized they needed to call/text me during the one hour I tried to lay down ?  Right before bed, I remembered that I had an early morning appointment at the DMV Monday morning and needed to gather all my proofs of identity because they are increasing the requirements to get a federally approved "Real ID" as your driver's license.

My alarm didn't wake me, again.  It's set to silent for some reason, which is entirely useless for a waking alarm and I don't know how to change that.  I thought I had solved the problem by setting an exception for the clock app to my do not disturb sleep setting, but clearly that was not enough.  Anyway, I happened to wake 10 minutes after the alarm, but it ate into my prep time a bit and I felt rushed.

Got to the DMV with 5 minutes to spare, only to have the clerk tell me that my birth certificate is invalid because it was laminated, even though the state issued it to me that way and the state seal is embossed into the lamination ?  My passport would have been a valid substitute, but mine is expired so that was a no-go.  She said I could go home to look for my other un-laminated copy and return without losing my "appointment", even though that would take me an hour.  So I went home and tore apart my house looking for the certificate, which for some reason was not in my important documents folder with all the other things.  I had to return to the DMV and get a regular license, which I will need to update to Real ID before next summer.  Boo.  And I still need to find the birth certificate. 

I was irritable from the stressful morning, so I decided to stop by the hairdresser on my way home and see if they could fit me in and they did!  I got a BIG chop, like 6 inches off the length.  I love it so much.  It's not quite the cut I wanted because I have some face-framing layers that need to grow out first, but it's fresh and healthy looking and suits my villainy better than the too-sweet long curls I had before.

Having it shorter should make it easier to style, too, so maybe I can dry it in less than half a day.  So glad I did it.  My day is going so much better now.

• Like 8

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

16 minutes ago, Everstorm said:

I got a BIG chop, like 6 inches off the length.  I love it so much.  It's not quite the cut I wanted because I have some face-framing layers that need to grow out first, but it's fresh and healthy looking and suits my villainy better than the too-sweet long curls I had before.

Way to go. Sounds fab.  

awesome music choice by the way. Love hozier. 

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 2

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3#4#5#6#7#8

Man, it sucks that they were being picky about the laminate. Over here, if you don't like the policies at one DMV, you can try another because they don't all stick to the rules the way they should. ?

I'm glad you like your new haircut. I've been contemplating the same for myself. ?

• Like 2

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

23 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Way to go. Sounds fab.  

It is pretty fab!  It washed and dried well and second-day hair still looks good.  ?

23 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

awesome music choice by the way. Love hozier. 

Really like the new song especially. 

4 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

Man, it sucks that they were being picky about the laminate. Over here, if you don't like the policies at one DMV, you can try another because they don't all stick to the rules the way they should. ?

When I went back the second time, I had kind of hoped I would get a different clerk who would be more lax, but that did not happen. ?

4 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

I'm glad you like your new haircut. I've been contemplating the same for myself. ?

Ooh, a big style change?  Fun!

2 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

This is going to be one of those stupid, it effects how it scans, things isnt it

No, it's more or less like why you can't laminate money: some of the counterfeit counter-measures include the type/quality of the paper, embossed seals, reflective print, etc which would be damaged and/or unassessable under lamination.  I mean, it make sense why you can't laminate your own, but mine was issued that way with the embossing on the outside of the laminate for security purposes.  And with each state having their own versions of the security measures, the DMV clerks aren't really doing major examinations of the certificate anyway.  They might notice one on printer paper, but a decent fake would easily get past them.

In any case, I have since discovered that I don't actually need Real ID on my driver's license, because I have another ID that qualifies.  Problem solved ?

• Like 6

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Still not feeling completely recovered from the weekend and my brain is full of the I-don't-wannas.  Pushed through yesterday with a reminder that we don't miss two in a row.  Made myself do all the things at bare minimum today, too.  After all, that is what bare minimum is for.  So!  Calories tracked, Inktober drawing done, Elements workout, and my hair is so dang cute.  (My husband can't stop saying how much he likes the new cut ?).

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 3

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness