Forums are back in action! ×

What have you said "No" to today??

CMB27

Hey Everyone,

I want to know what you all have said "no" to today. I don't know about you guys, but my office is a mine field when it comes to bad food. There's usually tons of pizza, cookies, etc. for lunch meetings; pastries for breakfast meetings; someone always has a candy bowl; co workers bring in baked goods; list goes on & on. So, sometimes I like to take pics of all the junk & send it to one of the trainers at my gym, just to show her exactly what I'm dealing with at work. I think it helps with motivation & will power because I can say "look what I just said no to."

After reading Steve's article yesterday on the workplace, I thought it might be cool to start a thread where everyone can post pics of what they've said no to: whether it's at work, at a cookout, or just hangin' at a friends' house, etc.

I'll start: here's what I said no to this morning

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3651[/ATTACH]

post-5898-13567243976086_thumb.jpg

I love this!! I started tracking things that I've resisted in my training forum here and there, especially when I have a super bad day or something :).

Today? Donuts and coffee when the group I'm working with stopped at dunkin donuts... Always a weakness. Also doing leangains I resisted banana bread when I first woke up this morning!

Anything is possible for him who believes. (Mark 9:23)
"The wise man sees in the misfortune of others what he should avoid." -Marcus Aurelius
Current challenge
My Training
STR-10 DEX-6 STA-9 CON-4 WIS-16.5 CHA-5

:(

I said no to bread, and nachos, and cookies, and salsa and tortilla chips...

I said yes to an apple and some cottage cheese. And I ain't happy. about none of it. i got a pms thing going on, and if I run into a loaf of white bread face first, it is not my fault.

Never let your fear decide your fate.

I said yes to an apple and some cottage cheese. And I ain't happy. about none of it. i got a pms thing going on, and if I run into a loaf of white bread face first, it is not my fault.

Ouch... I hear ya, PMS gives me the worst kind of cravings. You CANNOT run into white bread face-first. Like they said on the whole 30 website,

Unless you physically tripped and your face landed in a box of doughnuts, there is no “slip”. You make a choice to eat something unhealthy. It is always a choice, so do not phrase it as if you had an accident.

Human Adventurer
First completed challenge| my paleo experience
Never underestimate the power of Momentum.
Believe in action. Not in the consequence of it.

Here too, so today I said "no" to...nothing. I ate/drank whatever I wanted all day, and I'll get back in line tomorrow.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

Does it have to be food?

If so, I didn't say 'no' (it's very rude where I work to refuse a gift of food), but I took it (two choco-pies) and hid it in my bottom drawer to give to kids as prizes in class. So I said 'no' to eating it :)

If not, I said 'no' to:

"Sam teacher, can you memorise this please?" (from my head teacher)

I said, "No, can you please write down the requirements and I will write the test questions".

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

No to caffeine! Hanging tough!

"Enthusiasm is the great hill-climber." - Elbert Hubbard
Human Adventurer

I want to be fit and healthy so I can explore and enjoy all the beauty the outdoor world has to offer, in all kinds of weather, all the days of my life.

2024 Battle Log2023 Battle Log2022 Battle Log2021 Battle Log2020 Battle Log2019 Battle Log2018 Battle Log2017 Battle Log2016 Battle Log

Chocolate covered peanut butter filled pretzels.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3657[/ATTACH]

They're my kryptonite.

O.O

They make those chocolate covered?

I might have a problem soon...

On the other hand, no to the fridge full of soda at work today!

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

fire.eagle

Elf Assassin

STR: 6 DEX: 5.5 STA: 4.75 CON: 5 WIS: 3.5 CHA: 3.75

Assassin Wannabe | Be Prepared

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

[/table]

Does it have to be food?

If so, I didn't say 'no' (it's very rude where I work to refuse a gift of food), but I took it (two choco-pies) and hid it in my bottom drawer to give to kids as prizes in class. So I said 'no' to eating it :)

Awesome tactic...nicely done!!!

I'm in the process of saying 'No' to a job that I thought I wanted for years, and is giving me little satisfaction and future prospects. Freeing up time to be with the amazing little people I created and finish my undergraduate degree.

WarriorAmy
{Insert motivational script here}
STR - 4|DEX - 2|STA - 6|CON - 4 |WIS - 6|CHA- 5

I completely understand, any chocolate PB combo is my weakness. Great job saying no, that's a tough one!!!!

PB + chocolate... words cannot explain my weakness for this.

Anything is possible for him who believes. (Mark 9:23)
"The wise man sees in the misfortune of others what he should avoid." -Marcus Aurelius
Current challenge
My Training
STR-10 DEX-6 STA-9 CON-4 WIS-16.5 CHA-5

I'm trying to channel my PB+choc love into a little dark choc+a couple of almonds love.

And Yoshi, how are you doing that? That cupcake would be in my mouth so fast it'd be a rainbow blur.

At lunch I said 'no' to deepfried blood and noddle sausage. It wasn't hard :D

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

Unless you physically tripped and your face landed in a box of doughnuts, there is no “slipâ€. You make a choice to eat something unhealthy. It is always a choice, so do not phrase it as if you had an accident.

Love this. I'll be researching the source later.

As for the topic, I said no to adding French fries to my lunch yesterday.

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2023 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 4.5]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

Every Tuesday my boss brings in dozens of donuts from Krispy Kreme. today, I said NO!

I'll tell you what. If you ever get tempted to eat a Krispy Kreme go ahead and FedEx overnight it to me, and I will eat it for you. That's just the kind of guy I am (you can thank me later). I'll send you my address :)

Hey Everyone,

I want to know what you all have said "no" to today. I don't know about you guys, but my office is a mine field when it comes to bad food. There's usually tons of pizza, cookies, etc. for lunch meetings; pastries for breakfast meetings; someone always has a candy bowl; co workers bring in baked goods; list goes on & on. So, sometimes I like to take pics of all the junk & send it to one of the trainers at my gym, just to show her exactly what I'm dealing with at work. I think it helps with motivation & will power because I can say "look what I just said no to."

After reading Steve's article yesterday on the workplace, I thought it might be cool to start a thread where everyone can post pics of what they've said no to: whether it's at work, at a cookout, or just hangin' at a friends' house, etc.

I'll start: here's what I said no to this morning

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3651[/ATTACH]

I would not have said no to that. Blueberry pastries are my best friends.

Yesterday I said no to breakfast pizza and beer. Today I said no to sleeping in and skipping the shower.

Archived