Forums are back in action! ×

Hey one and all. New nerd here. Been lurking around the website for a few months now, so I figured it was time to go legit and sign up and all.

A little bit about me - I've been in a holding pattern of sorts for a while now, and it's time for me to get my stuff together and start working out/eating right for real. I was a three sport athlete in high school and played ultimate all through college so I was pretty well in shape and taking good care of myself. Starting around 2006 I was struggling with an eating disorder for a few years and my weight went way up as I stopped exercising and was totally stressed out/miserable/binging + purging all the time. I managed to kick the weird eating issues and conquer my "scary foods" like butter and ice cream and all, and I lost all of the weight that I put on during that time, so that was good, but now I need a new direction. For about the last year I've been flirting with paleo and trying to motivate to get back in fighting shape and figure out a plan for my life once I finish law school/get ready to get out of NYC/have a new adventure. I'm glad I lost the weight, but now I'm just sort of skinny-ish and weak instead of my former slightly jacked self who was no bikini model but could pick up very heavy things and ran a marathon.

So, law school just ended and it's time to start leveling up my life (I seriously LOVE this concept). I've been thinking about goals and about where I want to be/how I want to live in Seattle, where I'm moving this summer, and I'm getting really stoked for a change. What better way than to do it with nerds? So, I'm just here to try and keep myself motivated and accountable while I study for the bar and get ready for my biggest level up in a while - goodbye NYC! Also pretty excited to join the next 6 week challenge, which I hope will be a great kickstart and a good way to keep me sane while studying for the bar. Rock on Nerds.

-Sunflower

Welcome! Sounds like you have made GREAT strides already - congratulations and a woot to you! If you feel like you are skinny and weak you should join us warriors...we love lifting heavy shit :)

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Welcome, Sunflower! I agree with MirGSS, really great job with everything you've already accomplished! And yeah, the whole "level up your life" concept was the one that really got me hooked with NerdFitness. It's pretty awesome :) Best of luck!

One day, your heart will stop beating, and none of your fears will matter.  What will matter is how you lived.

-Henri Junttila

My current challenge

Glad to meet you and welcome to the forum!

Just remember that there are no Warp Zones for leveling up your life. Sounds like you're doing great and well on your way! Be sure to spread your secrets to beating those bad guys with the rest of us!

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2023 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 4.5]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

Archived