Forums are back in action! ×

What's everyone reading?

I'm reading A Song of Ice and Fire. Made it through three books in two weeks.  I had to stop after A Storm of Swords due to finals.

THAT'S impressive.  Those books are massive.  It takes me months to get through them.

"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.  Fear is the little death that causes total obliteration.  I will face my fear.  I will allow it to pass over me and through me until only I remain."

My Current Challenge

Level 2 Bene Gesserit Assassin

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

THAT'S impressive.  Those books are massive.  It takes me months to get through them.

Haha! They ARE!  All I did for the past two weeks was read them.  Which is why I had to put them down.  I was like "Jess.  You're still in school, and you haven't answered your phone in days.  Everyone thinks you're dead"

• Like 4

God's Debris - Scott Adams.  A good quick read that gives the brain a bit to think about.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Just finished the Millenium Trilogy (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo etc), because, you know, I like to read what was popular last decade ;). Really enjoyed them, as soon as I finished the 2nd one I went and got the third one..

• Like 2

"None of us can choose to be perfect, but all of us can choose to be better." - Lou Schuler, New Rules of Lifting for Women

Just finished The Walking Dead Compendium 1. Pondering buying Compendium 2 but...

Just started Doctor Sleep by Stephen King, the sequel to The Shining. Not far into it yet, but it's interesting. Part of me wishes I'd read The Shining again but the rest of me has a very strong reaction against that since it was borderline traumatic the first time around...

• Like 1

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

S will have to wait. I had a rough Sunday. I need light humour, so Three Men On the Bummel it is!

“The box you bought [the bike saddle] in had a picture on the cover, representing a sitting skeleton—or rather that part of a skeleton which does sit.â€
     He said: “It was quite correct; it showed you the true position of the—â€

I said: “We will not go into details; the picture always seemed to me indelicate.â€

He said: “Medically speaking, it was right.â€

“Possibly,†I said, “for a man who rode in nothing but his bones.  I only know that I tried it myself, and that to a man who wore flesh it was agony.  Every time you went over a stone or a rut it nipped you; it was like riding on an irritable lobster.â€

• Like 1

Jothra

i | ii | iii | iv | v | vi | vii | viii

Just finished the Millenium Trilogy (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo etc), because, you know, I like to read what was popular last decade ;). Really enjoyed them, as soon as I finished the 2nd one I went and got the third one..

Sounds like me!  I just finished those earlier this year.  Haven't decided what my next decades old epic series will be yet...

Reading Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank. It's a look at what might have happened in the Cold War if the USSR had struck hard with their nuclear arsenal, following people from a small town called Fort Repose in Florida. The most interesting part for me is the differences between the reactions of the adults, for whom war was never the norm, only an exception in short bursts of their lives, and the teen and pre-teen, who are noted to have lived with the spectre of death at their door all their lives. So far, it's very good!

• Like 3

Jerem The Great

Level 0 Satyr. Warrior at heart, training with the Recruits
STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0 

It's never just ONE book at a time, ulp.

Recently, a friend threw Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson at me. (Literally, he threw it--no, okay, he dropped it from the second story and I still didn't catch it.) Only a few pages in, because it's my bedtime book.

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea is filling my steampunk-loving heart with so much joy.

And The Four Loves by C.S. Lewis.

Happy, Healthy, Strong!
130 lbs

12%
12%

SW: 208
CW: 198
GW: 130

Current challenge:
http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/49868-juudar-slays-chickens/