Forums are back in action! ×

flip flop 5k

Unda

So, I was taking my mother and godmother out to the seaside yesterday and we decided to go to Brownsea Island http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/brownsea-island/?campid=SWPPC

My godmother was in a wheelchair as she recently broke her ankle, thankfully there was an electric buggy tour of the island for her unfortunately there were only two seats left. I didn't want to leave them so I said I'd walk along with the buggy. The guy driving gave me a dubious look and informed me that it was over 3 miles, I shrugged and said that was fine, he then gave me an even more dubious look and said it was more a running pace than it was a walk and that it took about 50 minutes, again I shrugged and said it'd be okay, cue another dubious look and him pointing out that I was wearing flip flops. I figure, hey, how much different to running barefoot can this be?

So the dubious guy started driving and I started jogging along behind, he sped up, I kept up, he went up hills, I kept up. He drove the entire three miles and I kept up the entire time and managed to take pictures too, much to the disbelief of everyone on board!

I wasn't even out of breath at the end, it was an awesome run actually! It felt great. It feels even better to know that six months ago I would never have been able to do that and now I relish smashing other people's expectations of what is and isn't possible.

They/them please

Haha that's awesome!

Level 3 Timelord Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 10 | DEX: 7 | STA: 11.5 | CON: 6.5 | WIS: 5.75 | CHA: 2.25

Challenge

1 2 3

"The thing is, Adam, time travel is like visiting Paris. You can't just read the guide book. You've got to throw yourself in, eat the food, use the wrong verbs, get charged double and end up kissing complete strangers - or is that just me? Stop asking questions. Go and do it!"

"Don't ever judge me by your standards."

Archived