Forums are back in action! ×

Motivational help

Lefeux

So...I am back in Afghanistan after my two weeks of vacation with my wonderful life that included a quite awesome cruise trip. Last time I returned from leave, I was depressed for about a month and didn't do any workouts, ate all kinds of crap and in general just really didn't give a darn about much. Looking for tips or tricks to try and stay motivated (especially when it comes to working out).

Any kind words (or not so unkind. Im thick skinned. :P) are much appreciated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Elven Ranger

STR - 7.2 Dex - 2 Sta - 7 Con - 4 Wis - 3 CHA - 4

"Do or Do Not. There is no try."

"Why do we fall sir? So we might learn to pick ourselves up ."

Round 2 - Faster, Stronger, Leaner and more Pious?

Lefeux's Ranger Conquest

Workout Log

Maybe you could how you felt last time as motivation to eat right and work out. Or you could set up some sort of reward for working out and eating right

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

I had the same problem after going back to France after almost 3 weeks in Finland including one week in a summer cottage close to a lake. The weather was awful, my apartment was a mess, I had some laundry to do, grocery to buy. My BF and I just decided to screw everything and we went to the climbing centre to have fun.

So yeah, go out, do something fun so you can think that it's not that bad being back.

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

@Shortstuff,

I will have to sit down and really consider what I would consider a reward. I have just restarted my 30 day Paleo start (was on day 10 then went on a cruise....bastards! And I am looking at having it as one of my goals for the 6 week challenge) so I am limited on what I can use a reward food wise. I will have to contemplate my options. And knowing how I felt the last time (most of the month of April) is what inspired me to make the post initially. Small steps.

@Nuala,

Thanks for the suggestions. My options are limited, but I think I will try for an evening with a favorite game of mine and shoot for gym time tomorrow morning. I like the elliptical and I want to loose weight, just lack motivation. Grrrr.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Elven Ranger

Lefeux's Ranger Conquest

Workout Log

I will have to get back to you on that one. Youtube is blocked here at work (silly government computer)

This is my typical playlist for when I work out (or other times when I need a little motivation)

Bodies - Drowning Pool

Kickstart my heart - motely crue

fuel - metallica

monster - skillet

get stoned - hinder

i own you - shinedown

feuer frei - rammstein

higher - creed (needs replacing)

hero - skillet

turn the page - metallica (CD)

suicide and redemption (CD)

Alts

dr feelgood - motely crue

crazy train - ozzy

welcome to the jungle - gnr

shut up and dance - aerosmith

paradise city - gnr

the way i am - eminem

awake - godsmack

bark at the moon - ozzy

going under - evanescence

all that remains - fozzy

shine down - godsmack

nobody told me - puddle of mudd

outlaw torn - metallica

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Elven Ranger

Lefeux's Ranger Conquest

Workout Log

Damn, sorry.

The title is Jupiter from the orchestral series "The planets". It was composed by Gustav Holst during WWI. It's just epic and space opera-ish. It's a little different from your playlist though considering that it's "classical" (even if contemporary) music. Still, I wouldn't dismiss it because it's that awesome.

I don't know most of the titles of your playlist but the one I know, I like (Aerosmith, Metallica, Ramstein) . So maybe you'll like Jupiter and it will become the Bringer of your jollity :) I sure hope so!

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Nuala,

I would recommend you Youtube or Spotify them if you get a chance. You might just be impressed. ;) When I get back to my room (literally a shipping container with an a/c) I will see if I can bring it up on youtube or spotify. I am a fan of Firefly, and, although I don't work out to them, happen to enjoy movie scores. Braveheart, Gladiator, Harry Potter, Star Wars, the new Batman trilogy, The One (kick ass combination of classical composition combined with electric guitars). :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Elven Ranger

Lefeux's Ranger Conquest

Workout Log

@Shortstuff,

I will have to sit down and really consider what I would consider a reward. I have just restarted my 30 day Paleo start (was on day 10 then went on a cruise....bastards! And I am looking at having it as one of my goals for the 6 week challenge) so I am limited on what I can use a reward food wise. I will have to contemplate my options. And knowing how I felt the last time (most of the month of April) is what inspired me to make the post initially. Small steps.

The reward doesn't have to be food related

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

@Shortstuff,

Agreed that it doesn't need to be food related, but being in Afghanistan limits options, but I think I have it figured out.

Since I like fruit, what I think I will do is allow myself an extra serving of fruit every day that I work out. And if I can can complete my challenge goals, then (with my wife's blessing) I might just reward myself with a particular Movato watch that I have been eyeing. That way I get my insta gratification but also have a long term reward that I can work towards.

And on that note, I made it to the gym today, like the first time in a month, and did a 30 minute elliptical workout. Felt good but didn't want to push it too much (normally 45-60 minutes, but thinking of doing about 35 minutes of interval training on it instead). So definitely a start. Thanks for the help ya'll

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Elven Ranger

Lefeux's Ranger Conquest

Workout Log

Archived